Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overtime imho messed up

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Overtime imho messed up

Evening Mates,

After the last patch I'm personally very pleased into what pCARS has evolved. But there is one mayor issue, which drives me crazy, and I honestly cant find any sense in this: The overtime!

We've had a practice session yesterday for an upcoming event series at the Nürburgring Combined.

During practice and qualifying there is right now an overtime of 120% to finish a started lap.

Problem here, even if the last one has crossed the line a second after the overtime started, the time just continues counting down, instead of jumping to the next session. Imho this isnt solved very good. Everyone is just idling in the pits and has to wait for around nine minutes. But thats an issue which isnt pretty good, but you can make the best of it. Take a pee or have a smoke.

But the biggest problem is the race overtime!

We have an overtime of 120% during practice and qualifying, and what happens after the timer counted to zero and the leader crossed the line? The rest has only 150 seconds (!) to finish the race. Which gives us race results like this one: https://www.raceapp.eu/pcf#/Events/1080?tab=race

DNF all over the place. The positions are correct though. But still its kind of annoying racing one or two hours and ending up with an DNF, because you run out of time to finish the lap.

Isnt it possible to adjust the overtime of the race exactly like its done in practice and qualifying?

Platform
    PC
    Are you using dedicated server or P2P?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Dedicated server

Platform
    PC
    You can use the server API to push to the next session on dedi.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That would be a solution for the minor problem, but the bigger problem still exists.

Weekend is over now, so hopefully a dev will comment the overtime settings. Maybe there is a hidden Flag to adjust it as needed. How can I be so optimistic on a Monday morning?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hmm? No further comment, no explanation, nothing?

Obviously the community has no problem not be able to finish a race on a longer track like the Nords.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Bump.

Agree it sucks.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Problem solved.

Online Reputation System needs to be enable, and the race wont end b4 the last one crossed the line. Very nice.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK, I need to revive this thread again.

We had another race with basicly the same settings, hosted at the same DS, and this time the race overtime hit us again.

I write "basicly the same settings" because there was one change within the configuration: The flag "MinimumOnlineStrength" was lowered from 1k to 100.

I personally cant see any reason why this should affect the overtime.

And there was another thing that had changed. We begged all participants to be back at the pits in practice and qualifying before the overtime starts. And they complied, so we had no overtime during practice and qualifying. But again, I cant see any reason why this should affect the race overtime.

So either the race overtime has a random but wanted bug, because sometimes there is simply none and everyone is able to finish the current lap, or there must be an interaction between different parameters within the server config, which isnt documented.

Would be really nice if a dev could tell me which settings need to be active to disable the overtime. It's really, really, really annoying to race for hours at the Nords, and being unable to finish a race, because the overtime hits you in the face. And as I already wrote within my first post, I really dont get why we have an overtime of 120% during practice and qualifying, and only 150 seconds at the end of the race. I just cant see the logic behind that. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
    Last edited by Racing4Life; 16-05-2018 at 10:56.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Next race, same settings at the DS as we've used the first time, and again 120% overtime during practice and qualifying and only 150 seconds after the leader crossed the finishing line, so many drivers were unable to finish the lap. After 2.5 hours racing at the combined Nürburgring!

In every mayor sim the host is able to adjust the overtime, in pCARS2 not. Bummer. And being ignored here since over a month is really worth a
    The following user likes this Post: Flens07