Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overtime imho messed up

Platform
    PC
    I was a participant in yesterday's race an it was very disapointing end a 2,5h race in this way.
    The following user likes this Post: Racing4Life

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If you league race I have a suggestion.Set 1 more lap than you need to(work out the laps that can be done in the time if you use time)And then neutralise the race with one lap to go,so everyone can stay in the right positions but close up to avoid a DNF.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes we had the same issue tonight on Xbox. We ran a simulated 24 hours over 2hr40mins timed race at Nürburgring combined and exactly the same count downs we ran into causing half the field to end with a DNF. As you said though the results are in correct order, its just the disappointment of seeing the DNF after a long session behind the wheel driving your butt off.

Other then that, what a great experience with the night and day transition and spicing up the race with a little bit of rain and fog just after sunrise. Developers have done a great job with the drying track, I jumped onto slicks with track on the damp side but finished the lap with majority of it dry (we ran x10 time progression) but get a wheel out on the still wet grass and bye bye rear end! So make that a warning future racers on slicks after rain, the track can be dry but the grass is still wet just like it should be.
    Giving it a red hot go

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not a solution, Stewy32. First we do timed races, second everyone wants to see the finishing flagg.

Its just completely not understandable why the game offers 120% overtime during practice and qualifying, and a fixed amount of seconds at the race. That is plain and simply wrong, and needs to be considered as a bug.
    The following user likes this Post: Ole W

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing4Life View Post
    Not a solution, Stewy32. First we do timed races, second everyone wants to see the finishing flagg.

Its just completely not understandable why the game offers 120% overtime during practice and qualifying, and a fixed amount of seconds at the race. That is plain and simply wrong, and needs to be considered as a bug.
    I have never seen this, it does it in race for us, maybe a setting in your DS?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There is no such documented setting. I've already asked this a while ago if there is maybe an undocumented setting. I'd be happy to know how to fix this, but I highly doubt there is a fix.

BTW: What have you never seen, Charger? The 120% Overtime, or 120% and only some seconds left after the race has finished?

Here is a video from one the participants of the last race:

https://youtu.be/GnG-uhtWkMQ

Overtime at practice kicks in at "t=1556", at qualifying at "t=3418" and race overtime at "t=13450".

Platform
    PC
    I have never seen the timer with so little time, when we have done a race i.e the Nordschliefe the timer is around 10 mins after the pole driver has crossed the line depending on car obviously, in all our league races I have never seen a DNF at the end of race due to not enough time to cross the line if the last person is on the same lap even sometimes if they have been lapped, something is not right there.

Have you tried a P2P quick session to see if it replicates?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Server.cfg
    Code:
    logLevel : "info"
    eventsLogSize : 10000
    name : "VVLN Race3"
    secure : true
    password : "*****"
    maxPlayerCount : 30
    bindIP : ""
    steamPort : 8766
    hostPort : 27015
    queryPort : 27016
    sleepWaiting : 50
    sleepActive : 5
    sportsPlay: false
    enableHttpApi : true
    httpApiLogLevel : "warning"
    httpApiInterface : "127.0.0.1"
    httpApiPort : 9000
    httpApiExtraHeaders : { "*" : "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *" }
    httpApiAccessLevels : { "*" : "public" }
    httpApiAccessFilters : { 	"public" : [{ "type" : "accept" } ],
    				    	"private" : [{ "type" : "ip-accept", "ip" : "127.0.0.1/32" }, { "type" : "group", "group" : "private" }, { "type" : "reject-password" }],
    					"admin" : [{ "type" : "ip-accept", "ip" : "127.0.0.1/32" }, { "type" : "group", "group" : "admin" }, { "type" : "reject-password" } ],}
    httpApiUsers : { "*****" : "*****", }
    httpApiGroups : { "private" : [ "changmeusername" ], "admin" : [ "changmeusername" ],}
    staticWebFiles: "web_files"
    enableLuaApi : true
    luaAddonRoot: "lua"
    luaConfigRoot: "lua_config"
    luaOutputRoot: "lua_output"
    luaApiAddons : [
        "sms_base",
        "sms_rotate",
        "sms_motd",
        "sms_stats",
    ]
    luaAllowedLibraries : [

"lib_rotate"
    ]

allowEmptyJoin : true
    controlGameSetup : true
    sessionAttributes : {
        "ServerControlsTrack" : 1,
        "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 1,
        "ServerControlsVehicle" : 0,
        "GridSize" : 30,
        "MaxPlayers" : 30,
    }
    sms_rotate_config.json
    Code:
    version : 7
    config : {
    	"persist_index" : true,
    	"default" : {
    		"VehicleClassId" : "GT3", //-1289517523
    			// "GT1" = 1323122160
    			// "GT3" = -112887377
    			// "GT4" = 1553262379
    			// "GTE" = 1740243009
    			// "LMP1" = -1289517523
    			// "LMP2" = -564539194
    			// "LMP3" = 974854672
    			// "LMP900" = 1543160927
    			// "Touring Car" = 52697193
    			// "TC1" --Clio Cup-- = -1529501352
    			// "Group A" = -1270088329
    		"MultiClassSlots" : 1,
    		"MultiClassSlot1" : "GT4", //1740243009,
    		//"TrackId" : "DO NOT ENABLE ME!!!",

"Flags" : 	"ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP,FORCE_REALISTIC_DRIVING_AIDS,AUTO_START_ENGINE,MECHANICAL_FAILURES,ONLINE_REPUTATION_ENABLED,WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT,TIMED_RACE,ANTI_GRIEFING_COLLISIONS,WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT,PIT_SPEED_LIMITER",
    		"DamageType" : "FULL", 			// Damage: "OFF","VISUAL_ONLY","PERFORMANCEIMPACTING","FULL" (Value in order of names shown: [0-3] 0 = OFF : 3 = FULL)
    		"TireWearType" : "STANDARD",    	// Tire Wear: "OFF","SLOW","STANDARD","X2" to "x7" (Value in order to names shown: [8-0] 8 = OFF : 0 = X7)
    		"FuelUsageType" : "STANDARD",		// Fuel Usage: "STANDARD","SLOW","OFF" (Value in order of names shown: [0-2] 0 = STANDARD : 2 = OFF)
    		"PenaltiesType" : "FULL",		// Penalty Setting: "NONE","FULL" (Value in order of names shown: [0-1] 0 = OFF : 1 = FULL)
    		"AllowablePenaltyTime" : 10,		// Penalty Time in Seconds
    		"PitWhiteLinePenalty" : 1,		// Pit Lane exit crossing the white Line: 0 Disable 1 Enable 
    		"DriveThroughPenalty" : 1,		// Drive through penalties: 0 Disable 1 Enable
    		"AllowedViews" : "Any",	// Camera view: "Any" All veiws "CockpitHelmet" Locked view to cockpit only
    		"ManualPitStops" : 0,			// Force Manual Pitstops: 0 Enable 1 Disable -- This might get fixed in future ded server updates
    		"ManualRollingStarts" : 0,		// Manual Rolling Starts: 0 Disable 1 Enable :: Used only when Rolling Starts is enabled
    		"MinimumOnlineRank" : "U",		// Minimum Online Safety Rank: "U","F","E","D","C","B","A","S"
    		"MinimumOnlineStrength" : 1000,		// MinimuM Online Driver Rank: 100 - 5000 :: Use lower values to allow more players in, segragate by safety rank to get clean drivers
    		"PracticeLength" : 90,			// Practice Session Length in Time (Minutes) :: Leave uncommented and set to 0 if you don't want a practice session
    		"QualifyLength" : 30,			// Qualify Session Length in Time (Minutes)
    		"RaceLength" : 90,			// Race Session Length in Time (Minutes) if TIMED_RACE Flag() is set, LAPS otherwise.
    		"RaceRollingStart" : 0,			// Default Race Start: 0 - Standing 1 - Rolling
    		"RaceFormationLap" : 0,			// Default Formation Lap: 0 - Disable 1 - Enable :: Only valid if "RaceRollingStart" is 1 (Rolling)
    		"RaceMandatoryPitStops" : 0,		// Default Mandatory Pitstop: 0 - Disable 1 - Enable
    		"PracticeDateHour" : 6,			// Default Practice Date and Time :: *DateHour is 24HR, no need for a leading 0 for early AM e.g. use 1 for 1AM, 8 for 8AM, 14 for 2PM
    		"PracticeDateProgression" : 1,		// Default Practice Time Progression Multiplier: 0 - OFF, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"PracticeWeatherProgression" : 1,	// Default Practice Weather Progression Multiplier: 0 - Sync to Race, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"QualifyDateHour" : 14,			// Default Qualify Date and Time :: *DateHour is 24HR, no need for a leading 0 for early AM e.g. use 1 for 1AM, 8 for 8AM, 14 for 2PM
    		"QualifyDateProgression" : 1,		// Default Qualify Time Progression Multiplier: 0 - OFF, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"QualifyWeatherProgression" : 1,	// Default Qualify Weather Progression Multiplier: 0 - Sync to Race, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"RaceDateYear" : 2018,			// Default Race Date and Time :: *DateHour is 24HR, no need for a leading 0 for early AM e.g. use 1 for 1AM, 8 for 8AM, 14 for 2PM
    		"RaceDateMonth" : 6,
    		"RaceDateDay" : 6,
    		"RaceDateHour" : 14,
    		"RaceDateProgression" : 1,		// Default Race Time Progression Multiplier: 0 - OFF, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"RaceWeatherProgression" : 0,		// Default Race Weather Progression Multiplier: 0 - Sync to Race, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x

// Weather Types for easy changing, including value, can use name or value
    		// For snow/cold seasons the date has to match the weather if you want snow accumilation
    		// Snow in a July race is weird, you will have flakes falling but no snow accumilation

// "Clear"
    			// "LightCloud"
    			// "MediumCloud"
    			// "HeavyCloud"
    			// "Overcast"
    			// "Foggy" 
    			// "HeavyFog"
    			// "Hazy"
    			// "Storm" 
    			// "ThunderStorm" 
    			// "Rain" 
    			// "LightRain" 
    			// "snow"
    			// "heavysnow"
    			// "blizzard"
    			// "HeavyFog"
    			// "HeavyFogWithRain"
    			// "random"

"PracticeWeatherSlots" : 4,
    		"PracticeWeatherSlot1" : "MediumCloud",
    		"PracticeWeatherSlot2" : "MediumCloud",
    		"PracticeWeatherSlot3" : "MediumCloud",
    		"PracticeWeatherSlot4" : "MediumCloud",

"QualifyWeatherSlots" : 1,
    		"QualifyWeatherSlot1" : "MediumCloud",

"RaceWeatherSlots" : 4,
    		"RaceWeatherSlot1" : "MediumCloud",
    		"RaceWeatherSlot2" : "MediumCloud",
    		"RaceWeatherSlot3" : "MediumCloud",
    		"RaceWeatherSlot4" : "MediumCloud",
    	},

"rotation" : [
    		// Race 1 
    		{
    			"TrackId" : "Nürburgring Combined",
    			"VehicleClassId" : "GT4",
    			"MultiClassSlots" : 1,
    			"MultiClassSlot1" : "GT3",
    // 			"Flags" : "ABS_ALLOWED",
    //			"RemoveFlags" : "ONLINE_REPUTATION_ENABLED",
    			"PracticeLength" : 65,
    			"PracticeDateHour" : 14,
    			"PracticeDateProgression" : 1,
    			"PracticeWeatherSlots" : 1,
    			"PracticeWeatherSlot1" : "Overcast",
    			"QualifyLength" : 20,
    			"QualifyDateHour" : 14,
    			"QualifyWeatherSlots" : 1,
    			"QualifyWeatherSlot1" : "Overcast",
    			"RaceLength" : 152,
    			"RaceDateYear" : 2018,
    			"RaceDateMonth" : 5,
    			"RaceDateDay" : 18,
    			"RaceDateHour" : 10,
    			"RaceWeatherSlots" : 4,
    			"RaceWeatherSlot1" : "Overcast",
    			"RaceWeatherSlot2" : "LightCloud",
    			"RaceWeatherSlot3" : "Clear",
    			"RaceWeatherSlot4" : "MediumCloud",
    			"RaceDateProgression" : 10,

},
    		// Race 2
    	]
    }
    This was the setup of the DS last Friday. I've looked at those files over and over again, and I cant see neither an error nor anything which could cause this situation nor I cant find any option within the documentation to adjust the overtime.

Maybe you'll see something I miss.

We didnt test P2P, because its no option. We need the "sms_stats_data.json" after the race, which requires a DS.

But WoodyLizard reported the same issue. I'm not sure how its done at the XBOX, but arent that always P2P-sessions? Really dunno.

Platform
    PC
    Ok, found this last night with a 2hr endurance race in mixed class, guys in the slower classes got a DNF as they were 2 or 3 laps down, it is related to having a timed event rather than laps, it doesn't do that when set to laps.

Only reason I can think of is you may have an instance where a car is still on track that maybe has pulled over and the player is AFK, if this was the case the game would never end.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Only reason I can think of is you may have an instance where a car is still on track that maybe has pulled over and the player is AFK, if this was the case the game would never end.
    Also not possible due to this "stupid" progression thingy.

Thatz another thing I'd like to disable, but not possible too.

But now you'll comply that we have a bug here, which should be fixed. Easiest part would be increasing the overtime to 10 minutes at the Nords, what should be enough for nearly every class.