Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Experience with Vive Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Today I did races at Monza with the same setup as I have above. This race was not as smooth as far as FPS. I spent a lot of time in reprojection. With the reprojection added recently by Microsoft to WMR, the game still behaves very similarly as if I were at 90FPS - I pretty much cannot tell there is a much of a difference between the two (90PFS or 45FPS with reprojection) except for the little light, also added recently, that tells me that I'm not at 90FPS. It is obvious that performance will vary between tracks. Some will be more demanding than others.

So as you try the Vive Pro, give different tracks a try to see if some are better than others.
    I7 7700K@5.0GHz | ASUS Z170 | 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 (as of May 18th, 2018) | 500GB SSD | 2TB HDD | Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW GT2 & Formula Black Wheels | TH8A Shifter | Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals | Samsung Odyssey HMD
    VoiceAttack Profile: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ntrol)-Profile

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    For me PC2 is at the moment more frustrating then fun. If they don't get this fixed with the Vive Pro it's no more fun to play the game. It's realy frustrating to buy high quality hardware to have fun and then this happens...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eliottk View Post
    For me PC2 is at the moment more frustrating then fun. If they don't get this fixed with the Vive Pro it's no more fun to play the game. It's realy frustrating to buy high quality hardware to have fun and then this happens...
    You do have a pretty powerful equipment. And, yes I think it would be nice if some tracks/situations would behave better. I would love that.

However, let me ask you. Did you come from a different VR headset to the Vive Pro? If so, have you found any benefit of having the Pro over the other? I started with a regular Vive but returned it for the Odyssey. I wanted the extra resolution and the difference was so noticeable that I was glad that even though I had to turn the graphics settings down more than with the Vive still provided a better experience. And that was with my GTX 1070. I enjoyed for over 200 hours with the GTX 1070.
    I7 7700K@5.0GHz | ASUS Z170 | 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 (as of May 18th, 2018) | 500GB SSD | 2TB HDD | Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW GT2 & Formula Black Wheels | TH8A Shifter | Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals | Samsung Odyssey HMD

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,

yes, at first I had an Oculus Rift, then I bought an Vive and the Vive Pro. I don't had performance issues with the Oculus and I decided to upgrade to the Vive Pro in case of the better resolution and yes there is really an big improvement in the picture quality with the Vive Pro regarding the Oculus rift. I didn't notice it that much when I started using the Vive Pro, when I switched back to the Oculus, in case of the performance issues with the Vive Pro, I really noticed that huge difference between the headsets an their resolution.

But at the moment I have to lower the SS rate to nearly 50% to be able to play PC2 on the Vive Pro.
    The strange thing is that I can set the SS rate to 200% and it's not that much more worse then I expected, yes there is stutter but I thought it would be much compared to the setting with 100%.
    And on the other side there are for some reason very rare situations that the game performs well with 100% SS and in the next hour the problem returns.

Platform
    PC
    Something seems fishy to me with the Vive Pro, ok the resolution is better and you are chucking out more pixels, but aren't we doing that already with supersampling? I bet there are improvements to come as PC2 isn't the only game people are complaining about with the Pro.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eliottk View Post
    But at the moment I have to lower the SS rate to nearly 50% to be able to play PC2 on the Vive Pro.
    The strange thing is that I can set the SS rate to 200% and it's not that much more worse then I expected, yes there is stutter but I thought it would be much compared to the setting with 100%.
    And on the other side there are for some reason very rare situations that the game performs well with 100% SS and in the next hour the problem returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Something seems fishy to me with the Vive Pro, ok the resolution is better and you are chucking out more pixels, but aren't we doing that already with supersampling? I bet there are improvements to come as PC2 isn't the only game people are complaining about with the Pro.
    Yes, but if the Vive Pro has a higher resolution AND the user uses SS on it as well (which is what I think the quote above is stating), then you're still rendering a bigger picture on the Vive Pro?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Even with the SS at 1.0 (I'm assuming that means rendering at native resolution) I've seen quite a few comments about stuttery performance across a few different forums.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Even with the SS at 1.0 (I'm assuming that means rendering at native resolution) I've seen quite a few comments about stuttery performance across a few different forums.
    Ah, if people report that as well then there's something else going on. I bet Vive drivers...
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Ah, if people report that as well then there's something else going on. I bet Vive drivers...
    Yeah, it seems that this might be pointing to the VP's implementation.
    Last edited by coloracer; 25-05-2018 at 11:49.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,

I did some testing with my settings and I found a working solution for me.
    Can someone try this settings and share your experience if it also helped you?

I set the SS in Steam for the application to 44% so it results in a resolution near to the native resolution of the Vive Pro.

Then I set the SS in the game to 1.4.
    The picture is clear and sharp for me.

Please see the attached screenshots to reproduce the settings.

Kind regardsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	255507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	255508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	255509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	255510