Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Experience with Vive Pro

Platform
    PC
    As for pricing, the 1180 is expected to drop in two versions: a low-end $999 card and a $1,499 variant with more RAM.
    Tom's guide https://www.tomsguide.com/us/geforce...ews-27539.html

I've seen this rumour a few times, and it may well be no more than that, but you wonder who would cough up north of a grand for a graphics card.
    i7-7700K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Tom's guide https://www.tomsguide.com/us/geforce...ews-27539.html

I've seen this rumour a few times, and it may well be no more than that, but you wonder who would cough up north of a grand for a graphics card.

Ill bet I could name a few on here.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    I am well prepared to spend way too much money on a gpu but as soon as it comes to a four-digit amount of money (in Euros that is), thereīs an invisible boundary. So I donīt think Iīd buy the top model again if pricing preview turns out to be true. Plus I still hope to not buy any new gpu before I see an improved VR headset on the horizon. Not sure about the Vive pro yet, very expensive plus the troube with pCARS2 as described above (to bring my post back on topic again ).
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: EV3RY, John Hargreaves

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    I am well prepared to spend way too much money on a gpu but as soon as it comes to a four-digit amount of money (in Euros that is), thereīs an invisible boundary. So I donīt think Iīd buy the top model again if pricing preview turns out to be true. Plus I still hope to not buy any new gpu before I see an improved VR headset on the horizon. Not sure about the Vive pro yet, very expensive plus the troube with pCARS2 as described above (to bring my post back on topic again ).
    Well it depends on the performance gain for me. But it must be a very big gain to replace the 1080ti, which cost me less than €750 a half year ago. And as you said, it would only make sense when a VR headset arrives that needs more grunt. Vive Pro is not a big enough step for me, so I think I'll wait this generation(GPU+headset) out. Unless the Pimax 8k X proves good in all departments.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Yeah seems like thereīs some huge steps forward to be expected for the near to medium future regarding VR headsets. I read some interesting stuff about new displays with way better pixel density, some new calculation methods with high resolution only in the center where your eyes are looking at anyway and more stuff like that. Unfortunately I canīt recall where I found all that stuff. So it may be worth waiting. Sorry for derailing, guess this belongs to the VR thread more than here.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    I read some interesting stuff about new displays with way better pixel density, some new calculation methods with high resolution only in the center where your eyes are looking at anyway and more stuff like that.
    Foveated rendering. That's two birds with one stone. It causes a significant drop in computing power needed(because the only objects that need full detail rendering is those at the distance your eyes are focused at), and better still it causes the depth perception to be sooo much better because it actually mimics your eyes which can't focus on an infinite amount of distances at the same time. For instance if you look at a car through your windscreen, your dash shouldn't be focused and readable at the same time(and the other way around). It's also the biggest problems with 3D TV/movies/games.

To be honest it should have been there from the start, because it would lower the minimum requirements(which I guess would at least negate the extra hardware needed to do 'dumb' rendering) AND improve the experience by a lot. It even has the added bonus that NPCs 'know' you are looking at them so you can look them in the eyes at an angle. This would do so much for immersion...
    Last edited by MaximusN; 08-07-2018 at 08:54.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I would buy one and a pc ( obvs) if and when much higher rez vr arrives.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    PC
    Yeah tbh, people(even adolescents) are paying 1000 €/$ plus for phones. And IMHO they don't do anything worth spending a dime more on better than a 500 one. To me a better graphics card/VR is worth that extra 500, which doesn't go for that phone. And that goes for most other electronic equipment(like TV's) too in my personal case. So in that way it's pretty easy to justify(it's not about being able to for most adults anyway) paying extra for those two things: I'm not spending it on other things.

WMD Member
    we still need a powerful GPU
    OS : Win 10 | CPU :I7 7700K| Memory : 16GB DDR4(8*2)| Graphics Card: GTX1080ti| Xbox 360 Controller|ClubSport Wheel v2.5

Platform
    PC
    So the consensus is, there is no fix for the Vive Pro right now?