Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: somethings not quite right here...

Platform
    PS4
    this was an online lobby on the PS4 , circuit was catalunya (short circuit) no Ai cars and it had no affect on handling

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I've seen the hover bug on many different tracks and many different cars. It seems to have only a visual impact.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I've not seen the hover yet, but I've seen a LOT of crazy jumps into the air at Daytona. Possibly lag, but it seems more a vertical component rather than a positional one (most lag I see, the car jumps around on track, Daytona, they seem to leap in the air more than move around much... still pretty off-putting, though!).

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The cars jump on collisions, so I think it's an Nvidia PhysX calculation problem. This includes collisions with walls and objects and even road surface. Notice the Daytona jumps typically happen on the bumpy banked section turn 4 oval where it is quite bumpy

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeap I was in the race so a number of us have seen it,

Also I was hoping the Ai cars full wheel lock while going down main straights would be addressed ,

Can anyone tell me why we have the 3 locations which amounts to 90 liverys on the Ferrari 488 , I really don't understand the purpose and to me it seems a huge waste of resources ,

Some cars only have 3 liverys and are identical ,, I've not seen any online leagues or online racing built around the Ferrari 488. And although I like the car it's a very weird car to drive, huge understeer in mid to high speed corners but no understeer what so ever in low and low mid corners,

I tried everything to dial it out and nothing worked , but my main thing I don't understand the huge amount of time invested in doing all the liverys ,

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, I think so

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I wish I had a video of it... but one time I was racing in a league race at Daytona Road Course... this one guys's car who I happened to be following pretty closely, kept flying up in the air, what looked to be about 3 feet off the track, it would come back down and he'd keep going... it was like he was hitting a huge speed bump at 180 MPH. It was pretty funny to watch. Unfortunately I didn't save the video of it.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    FYI - I also observed the hovering car effect , in my case it was at Texas Speedway in the Road Course configuration... this was at least two patches ago. I haven't seen that issue recently.

When I did see it , I never got brave enough to see if I could drive under his cars...
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Demon340, senna94f1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The hover car appeared again in our league, ,

Track imola , Gr A and gte cars , 4 weather slots ,this one was in light rain ,

Using online championship mode , still showing wrong end race results only to 1 or 2 people thou,

This was on standard ps4 using t300 and pc dash , Sony wireless headphones . Oh pro race seat ,not that would affect anything,

The hover car doesn't affect grip , we also had infield at Indy track couldn't save save up as it said use of profanity word but it would not accept any word , plus Ai cars still steering full lock left or right down any main straights,

Am I happy with pcars2 on ps4 , yes because considering all the variables ,99% of the time the games works and looks pretty good to me, and still best racing sim on the market.

Platform
    PC
    Happened in one of our league races:
    https://youtu.be/DqBzbJyXcV8?t=2887
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10

Member of Revolution Sim Racing