Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game is locking up multiple times

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Game is locking up multiple times

This is on Xbox One X. I've had the game do the freeze up thing before where the audio sticks and just repeats and if the Xbox home button doesn't get you out of it I've ejected the disc, restarted the console and it usually fixes it. I've got that about a half a dozen times since the game came out. I think we've all seen it do that at least once.

Today though was something different. It locked up, I did the home button then quit and tried to relaunch. But I got the error message that Project Cars took too long to launch. I did this two times in a row. Did the hard console restart but again the game took too long to launch. Second restart and this time the game launched. Got into a race and the audio locked up again but the game video kept going. I was racing around with the audio frozen in a loop. Stopped it again, hard restart again, launched same race again but this time the race finished. However the audio locked up again on the menu screen.

It's never did this before for this many times in a row. I doubled checked other games to make sure it wasn't the console. Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 worked perfectly. Has the disc finally gone bad?

I'm going to try it one more time tonight before bed just to see what happens.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Doesn't read from disc. Runs from your HDD. I seriously doubt that your disc is bad.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Doesn't read from disc. Runs from your HDD. I seriously doubt that your disc is bad.
    But if it was a HDD problem wouldn't the other games do the same thing?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    But if it was a HDD problem wouldn't the other games do the same thing?
    Yes.
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    This is on Xbox One X. I've had the game do the freeze up thing before where the audio sticks and just repeats and if the Xbox home button doesn't get you out of it I've ejected the disc, restarted the console and it usually fixes it. I've got that about a half a dozen times since the game came out. I think we've all seen it do that at least once.

Today though was something different. It locked up, I did the home button then quit and tried to relaunch. But I got the error message that Project Cars took too long to launch. I did this two times in a row. Did the hard console restart but again the game took too long to launch. Second restart and this time the game launched. Got into a race and the audio locked up again but the game video kept going. I was racing around with the audio frozen in a loop. Stopped it again, hard restart again, launched same race again but this time the race finished. However the audio locked up again on the menu screen.

It's never did this before for this many times in a row. I doubled checked other games to make sure it wasn't the console. Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 worked perfectly. Has the disc finally gone bad?

I'm going to try it one more time tonight before bed just to see what happens.
    My X was behaving in a similar manner before it became unusable and I had to send it in for repair. I kept getting the "n took too long to launch" message. Hope you don't have the same issues.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jezza819, Just Another Frog

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    My X was behaving in a similar manner before it became unusable and I had to send it in for repair. I kept getting the "n took too long to launch" message. Hope you don't have the same issues.
    Hmm, mine is starting to do the same but I thought it was just xbox live and authentication issues. Thanks for bringing this up

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Frog View Post
    Hmm, mine is starting to do the same but I thought it was just xbox live and authentication issues. Thanks for bringing this up
    Fingers crossed it is just that, mine seemed to get progressively worse and then it started with the E102 and E105 errors on startup.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sorry I'm late getting back to this, it's been a busy day. I tried it again right before bedtime last night and it worked fine. Ran 3 races and it didn't lock up once. Fingers crossed it was a one time thing.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, The_Senser

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I honestly can't remember the last time I booted up PC2. I've just lost interest in racing games completely. LOL

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    Fingers crossed it is just that, mine seemed to get progressively worse and then it started with the E102 and E105 errors on startup.
    I sent my x back today as I was having the same error codes you were having.