Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Game is locking up multiple times

  1. #11
    GT5 Pilot Jezza819's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,105
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    No something is definitely wrong. It didn't make it a half of a lap in the first race and the audio locked but the race was still happening. Back to home, quit the game, ejected the disc, reloaded the disc, the audio was still locked. Got an error message that there was a problem with saved games and to go to settings and delete and reload but now all I have is a black screen.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

  2. #12
    GT4 Pilot nissan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,041
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Mardis View Post
    I sent my x back today as I was having the same error codes you were having.
    Stinks you had to send your X back.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

  3. #13
    GT4 Pilot nissan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,041
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    No something is definitely wrong. It didn't make it a half of a lap in the first race and the audio locked but the race was still happening. Back to home, quit the game, ejected the disc, reloaded the disc, the audio was still locked. Got an error message that there was a problem with saved games and to go to settings and delete and reload but now all I have is a black screen.
    Sounds like you might be experiencing what some here have. Stinks. So far my X hasn't done that. I honestly only probably got maybe 6 hrs of time in on PC2. So I haven't seen it on it. I play my other games a bunch & haven't seen that error code at all.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

  4. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    Platform
    PC
    Jezza819 maybe you might be having a problem with your Xbox connection. Check it once. Or purchase a new one, if the problem still exists.

  5. #15
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    279
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    No something is definitely wrong. It didn't make it a half of a lap in the first race and the audio locked but the race was still happening. Back to home, quit the game, ejected the disc, reloaded the disc, the audio was still locked. Got an error message that there was a problem with saved games and to go to settings and delete and reload but now all I have is a black screen.
    Yes I kept getting that message that the Game Save has been corrupted and to clear the cache, which I did, it them rebooted and downloaded the Game Save, then came up with the same Message about 30 minutes later.

    If you have the blank screen, try powering off and unplugging, then plug back in and hold the bind and eject buttons together and then power on. Continue to hold it until you hear the sound. That forces the troubleshooter to come on.

    I did this a few times but ended up having to send it in for repair. To be fair it was quite quick - from Uk to Germany and back in under 2 weeks. Not sure what they did, as they said there was nothing physically wrong with it and that E102 and E105 are to do with Windows Update. But when I got it back it said that they had just reset it. But they must have a lower level factory reset than we have as users, as it went through a different more lengthy setup process (downloading updates, etc.) which it didn't do if I did a factory reset. Fingers crossed since I have had it back, it has been fine.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh


  6. #16
    GT5 Pilot Jezza819's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,105
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaWelch View Post
    Jezza819 maybe you might be having a problem with your Xbox connection. Check it once. Or purchase a new one, if the problem still exists.
    This is a new Xbox One X that's only about 5 months old. Other games work fine on it. Project Cars 2 is the only one with this problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    Yes I kept getting that message that the Game Save has been corrupted and to clear the cache, which I did, it them rebooted and downloaded the Game Save, then came up with the same Message about 30 minutes later.

    If you have the blank screen, try powering off and unplugging, then plug back in and hold the bind and eject buttons together and then power on. Continue to hold it until you hear the sound. That forces the troubleshooter to come on.

    I did this a few times but ended up having to send it in for repair. To be fair it was quite quick - from Uk to Germany and back in under 2 weeks. Not sure what they did, as they said there was nothing physically wrong with it and that E102 and E105 are to do with Windows Update. But when I got it back it said that they had just reset it. But they must have a lower level factory reset than we have as users, as it went through a different more lengthy setup process (downloading updates, etc.) which it didn't do if I did a factory reset. Fingers crossed since I have had it back, it has been fine.
    I did another hard reset last night after the issue and it worked fine. Could it be that the PC2 game file is corrupt or something like that?
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following user likes this Post: Chad Mardis


  7. #17
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    279
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    This is a new Xbox One X that's only about 5 months old. Other games work fine on it. Project Cars 2 is the only one with this problem.



    I did another hard reset last night after the issue and it worked fine. Could it be that the PC2 game file is corrupt or something like that?
    Fingers crossed for you, hope it is just a temporary glitch of some sort.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Chad Mardis, Jezza819


  8. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Stinks you had to send your X back.
    I had a replacement in 24 hours so that was nice
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, The_Senser


  9. #19
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    279
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Mardis View Post
    I had a replacement in 24 hours so that was nice
    Wow that was quick! Did you take it back to where you bought it?

  10. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    Wow that was quick! Did you take it back to where you bought it?
    No I called support and they arranged it all. I was shocked!
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh


Similar Threads

  1. game locking up
    By Rosinbag1 in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2017, 01:56
  2. Losing and regaining grip multiple times in a corner
    By Terrell Olvera in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-10-2017, 14:13
  3. Game crashed/froze multiple times at Spa
    By Roushman624 in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 08:45
  4. Formula A - locking wheels physics (well, not locking them)
    By JAJP999 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 09:35
  5. Game not giveing me penalty for cutting track multiple times.
    By pioneer1985 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-05-2015, 03:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •