Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: About the change on GT car slicks behaviour

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Did you delete your old setups and/or try a new one like Fight-test suggested here?
    This! I can't agree more with Fight's testing. It takes some time to get used to the new tire model, but it is offering a lot more options and more fun! What I am also finding is that I must have a setup for quali which is normally on soft tires and hards for the race. I've been racing in the summer and with the exception of Monza, all the other tracks I've had to use hard tires. It is more important than ever to get tire temps and pressures correct now.

I understand why some folk are upset as driving feels different and your old setups may not be ideal for the new tire model. Just give it a go and you will be positively surprised!

My only concern is, is this tire model what SMS envisioned for the game in the first place or are those unexpected changes the result from other things being updated in game? It would be great to have SMS dive into the details of the tire changes. Hopefully after 5.0 is out on consoles they will!
    Xbox One X!

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Did you delete your old setups and/or try a new one like Fight-test suggested here?
    I always delete all my setups when a patch is released (I enter the documents/pc2/savegame/arandomnumber/pc2/tunning setups folder and delete the files inside), but haven't tried the second tip. doing it now wait

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    While I can confirm that after patch5, older setups causes crazy car behavior, creating new one even with the same values helps but doesn't give pre-patch result (stability-wise). A car remains significantly less stable. In my case (M6 GT3 on Spa) i had to use extreme diff settings to minimize power over-steering. I wasn't able to setup this car to be on throttle under-steering (which wasn't a case prior to patch).

I don't understand how setups might be incompatible between versions, considering the same values entered. Do they (SMS) stores into setups some magic values or part of physics? How is it close to cheating on simulation?

And the final thing: if patch really requires getting rid of all pre-patch setups, it has to be communicated clearly by dev team. Not by you, nor other moderators nor by some of us who accidentally figured that out. It has to be official.

Anyone has though about all those setups available in TT? Actually today it turned already into mix of new and old ones... total mess.
    Last edited by MaXyM; 09-04-2018 at 14:03.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    I don't understand how setups might be incompatible between versions, considering the same values entered. Do they (SMS) stores into setups some magic values or part of physics? How is it close to cheating on simulation?
    In ISIMotor sims, setup values are stored as a number indicating their position on the range of allowed values. For example if you can have a spring rate of 100lbs/in, 150 lbs/in or 200 lbs/in, 100 would be stored as a 0, 150 as a 1 and 200 as a 2. This goes for all setup values such as tyre pressures, camber, wing settings etc. Since SMS started off with the ISIMotor, its quite possible the Madness engine uses a similar approach.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ermo, MrTulip

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    OK, it could work this way.
    Then how drastic and unspoken changes had been applied to the cars, if causes so huge changes in cars behavior. I could imagine some fine-tuning which is barely recognizable by most of players. is that mean previous version of car physics was affected by some serious bug? Or maybe current one is? Without SMS staff feedback it's wasting time doing circles. On the other side I can see Doug is contributing to the forum, but for some reason ignores cars behavior subject.
    Last edited by MaXyM; 09-04-2018 at 14:30.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    ok I tried by also deleting the entire pc2 folder, not just the setups one and there's no placebo effect at all. Tried default loose setups again with stock diff settings and samey story; car oversteers like there's no tomorrow as soon as you go even soft on the thorttle. I opened then acceleration differ to radical angles like 90 to eliminate trace of powersliding on the rear (as it's always worked previous patch 5), and it made no difference. Simple as that. Light throttle and sometimes skid, even though you can save them most.

I don't like this model for soft and hard GT slicks, let alone if it renders diff settings pointless. In playing with the differential settings is where I found true fun at setting the cars in Project Cars 2 and the subsequent changes in handling they often supposed.

I think there's also some sort of issues with livetrack and setups. File management or something with livetrack and the track temps messing things up..., just not sure anymore, but of course the new hard/soft slick model is all over the place imho. GT cars are not meant to go sliding all over the place .

There's something very wrong here with the slicks, not to mention on FA and FC which is already a classic on areas that sure have something wrong to them. Livetrack/file management of some sort issue?, may be too.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by demand34 View Post
    ok I tried by also deleting the entire pc2 folder, not just the setups one and there's no placebo effect at all. Tried default loose setups again with stock diff settings and samey story; car oversteers like there's no tomorrow as soon as you go even soft on the thorttle. I opened then acceleration differ to radical angles like 90 to eliminate trace of powersliding on the rear (as it's always worked previous patch 5), and it made no difference. Simple as that. Light throttle and sometimes skid, even though you can save them most.

I don't like this model for soft and hard GT slicks, let alone if it renders diff settings pointless. In playing with the differential settings is where I found true fun at setting the cars in Project Cars 2 and the subsequent changes in handling they often supposed.
    I can confirm. It might be subjective feeling but playing with power ramp has minimal if not none effect right now.
    It looks like indication of new bug rather than change with purpose.

I found another "glitch" I just wrote about in tuning subforum. Tire wear of new hards is negligible. The wear of single set of tires after 90min race at Spa (temps 32/44*C) was vary between 9% and 11%*.
    Can you imagine doing 24 hour race at spa with only 2 sets of tires?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    In rFactor 2 and Automobilista the gt3 cars have the exact same capability of drifting at high speed. The only game where this is not possible is iRacing, and everyone bashes that game for the worst realism of all sims. Especially tires. Assetto Corsa is also difficult to drift with gt3 cars, on top of that causing your tires to overheat like hell too, and yet people compliment AC for best drifting realism. Altho they are most likely talking about specific drifting cars, and bash other cars in AC. In real life, even in F1, people drift at high speed corners, in GT 3 you even see on left turns, the front left wheel going up flying in the air as they turn so heavily leaning on their right rear as it is spinning, drifting sliping, but not losing grip entirely, not losing control, like happens in iRacing. Ofcourse, this depends on track condition, temperature and tire temperature and type.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 09-04-2018 at 15:57.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Kriig, r3c14im3r

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So I assume you mean the new sliding behavior is more realistic. Possibly it is, I have not driven GT3 cars in my life to compare. Is it also realistic that now it's also hard to keep the car in control under braking, even when having ABS set to full?
    The following user likes this Post: ironik

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CSL-Drive View Post
    In rFactor 2 and Automobilista the gt3 cars have the exact same capability of drifting at high speed. .
    You could already drift GT cars through corners on slicks at high speeds and also control a spin before 5.0. Trail braking has also been working as expected here. The difference before was that throttle inputs felt coherent to the force applied and more progressive, and that the differential settings worked as expected too in this area. Neither of these last two work anymore in 5.0. You just slide around, cold or warn tires, softs or hards, it doesn't matter at all.

The realistic thing with sliding GT cars in project cars 2 had already been achieved imo, at least in part with hard tire compounds in patch 2.0, with similar results in 3.0 and 4.0.

5.0 feels like totally messed up and taken to the extreme on how GT cars on slicks are supposed to behave and slide when applying throttle. , before it was like:Cold track? ok give me softs and that is all. 40C upwards tarmac?, gimme my hards. Nothing of this works too in 5.0. You slide around with either regardless the track temp, and that by no means can be the real thing on cars like these mounted on slicks.
    Last edited by demand34; 09-04-2018 at 17:11.