Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: About the change on GT car slicks behaviour

Platform
    PC
    See you in the Monza GT3 lobbies I guess.

Platform
    PC
    Are you guys running with ABS and TC enabled as the car was designed, or using unrealistic settings on the driver aids? I'm just wondering as I drove a GT3 race last night with realistic settings for the car and it seemed fine.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Why were the tire models even touched again? Patch 4 seemedto be decently balanced.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaNNyT View Post
    Why were the tire models even touched again? Patch 4 seemedto be decently balanced.
    because as new information is acquired by the devs, or they notice mistakes or errors, changes are made... for the same reason AC is on TM10....
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Hobbs77, John Hargreaves, MrTulip, r3c14im3r, RyokoMaruyama, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    I was going to bring up AC tires being on their 10th iteration also
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing * Panther Racing Division

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Anyone has though about all those setups available in TT? Actually today it turned already into mix of new and old ones... total mess.
    100% this, they need to remove all TT tunes prior to the latest patch, just make them unavailable, (or better yet have a seasonal TT board so you can only see times for the latest patch)

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    because as new information is acquired by the devs, or they notice mistakes or errors, changes are made... for the same reason AC is on TM10....
    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetTorpedo View Post
    I was going to bring up AC tires being on their 10th iteration also
    Yes I myself brought the assetto example in the very first post, and like in that game they might be changing the tires and the handling for the worse, just as It happened to that game.

Patch 5.0 slicks look more like some experiment rather than any improvement.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by demand34 View Post
    Yes I myself brought the assetto example in the very first post, and like in that game they might be changing the tires and the handling for the worse, just as It happened to that game.

Patch 5.0 slicks look more like some experiment rather than any improvement.
    Demand, not saying your wrong but before you keep spreading this around here without providing video's or other hard evidence just take a step back and lets see if we can find the issue. Like is said the fast guys are still fast and not complaining. So its not a universal issue. You also said your wheel is turning very quick and not normal. Other than the rear slick tires I have heard of none of these but from you. THey are easy to test though and IM sure we will get to bottom real quick but with the times in the GT3's for can am Saturday night Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dubai Times.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	252818
    Last edited by Fight-Test; 09-04-2018 at 21:39.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I never said my wheel is turning too quick (t300rs and t3pa pedals). It's working perfectly fine, and by no means this slick tire is something isolated given many people in this forum is also reporting this problem with just the GT slick tires, not just me.

I have a wheel so I use loose setups as the base, and from there I tune them. (I deleted all setups and folder and It made no difference after).

There's something very wrong with slicks, hards and softs (not wets) after 5.0

And you will excuse now, but I didn't want to post these videos to brag about anything, but I see i must do it:

I'm neither youtuber nor I earn money with clicks, so you can on them click safely if you want to.

As you can see I'm no rookie, and know what PC2 is about. Problem is that I also like GT car racing not just hypercars, so after patch 5.0 half of the game went down the toilet to me in that regard.

Thanks for the tip anyway about stable setups, but you know I can't use them, basically.
    Last edited by demand34; 10-04-2018 at 10:46.

WMD Member
    For what it's worth, we ran a 2.4h race at bathurst in gt3 cars last Saturday, so the patch dropped right as most people were preparing for it. Those who had selected cars affected by the BOP changes in Patch 5 were complaining. Especially the Nisssan GTR had apparently gotten way more unstable. However, I was driving the Renault RS 01 and that felt the same, so I don't think those changes are all to do with tyres.
    i7 8700k, 16GB DDR4 3200, GTX 1080Ti, Thrustmaster T300rs, Oculus Rift
    Current steam name: Bill Kerman
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300