Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T300 Alcantara or Fanatec CSL elite?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

T300 Alcantara or Fanatec CSL elite?

Hey guys, opinions required!

Iím currently running with the T150, T3PAs, TH8PA on a wheelstand pro. Iíve modded my T3PAs with a BBJ brake mod, and also a custom wider brake pedal to ease left foot breaking while still being good for heel & toe.

Now my point Ė I want stronger FFB and honestly, its just really annoying I canít hard mount the T150. It sits OK, but e.g. when I do rally cross, it does tend to move where I need to move it back after every race.

Iím already on the Thrustmaster ecosystem, so a T300 would be easy. An Alcantara looks to be going for £360 or so. I reckon I can sell my T150 Pro set for around £100 on Ebay, so an additional net £260 cost to me. Doesnít sound crazy.

OR I can go for the (crazy) option of the CSL Elite and the whole shabang. I would want the shifter, and likely the handbrake as well (one of the drivers for me to think to get this is the handbrake). But shelling out nearly £1k for that + needing an additional piece for the Wheelstand pro just seems crazy. Donít get me wrong, I can afford it, but dishing out over £1k (say net £800 after I sell my Thrustmaster kit on ebay) just seems way too much to pay for what honestly is a silly hobby in the grand scheme of things (donít get me wrong, I love it). Now yes, you may tell me that I donít need the hadbrake, which brings the cost down, but that doesnít make a difference in my thought process. The marginal £150 or £200 whatever the handbrake costs doesnít matter THAT much. The problem I have here, though, is that from what I understand that handbrake is not even properly supported on most games, including Project Cars 2, AC, GT Sport... There is of course the chance that a PS4 compatible thrustmaster handbrake may end up coming along.

SO Ė what is there to really convince me to get the CSL? Is it going to change my life? Can I live with myself saying I spent a freaking grand on a silly hobby? My wife sings as a hobby and she dropped £250 on a quality mic, which compared to what I what to shell out seems cheap! It also looks to me like the CSL doesnít always work with games right off the bat Ė took them forever to get it fully supported for GT Sport. Is is really a Ďworld of a differenceí experience to the T300 + Alcantara? Will it really make me more consistent in coparison to the T300 (just the wheel) or even faster? I just canít get myself to think its worth it or even reasonable to drop that dough, even though I can afford it. I donít care enough for the LC pedals, I think my BBJ mod does quite a good job in an of itself. I have it setup to give me no travel w/o resistance, so working very nicely.

Any honest down to earth aand non-fanboy views appreciated. Thanks guys.

Platform
    PC
    I upgraded from the TM TX (T300 essentially) to the CSL Elite with LC Pedals and Formula Black rim, and it made the TX feel like a kids toy.
    The build quality, FFB detail, everything is loads better IMO. Plus the actual quick release system makes swapping rims a breeze if desired as well as the ability to upgrade/add different parts in the future also makes it worth it.

I used my wheelstand pro before getting my GTOmega and just drilled the holes to hardmount the CSL base myself. Fanatec has a drilling template on their website for it.

But since you already have the TM equipment, it makes sense to stick with it and just get the T300. That alone will be a big improvement over the T150.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    How was the reliability of the TX wile you had it?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    How was the reliability of the TX wile you had it?
    it was fine. it completely died after 2.5 years tho which is a shame. But I had zero issues until that point.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have the T300 Alcantara Edition and love it, would probably go Fanatec though, they seem a step up

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If you want stronger ffb then be wary of going for the T300 as there are many horror stories of them dying when the ffb is dialled up. I started on the T300 then moved to the T500 as the ffb was stronger and finally ended up on the CSL elite which blows both the T300 and T500 into the weeds. How I wish I had gone straight to the CSL and saved myself a boat load of money in the long run
    PS4 PRO, PS4 VR headset, 60inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, GT Omega pro cockpit, Fanatec CSL PS4 with BMW rim, Formula carbon rim, CSL loadcell pedals, Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, Turtle Beach Stealth700 Bluetooth h/set.
    The following user likes this Post: Titzon Toast

Superkart Pilot
    You get a good feed back in ps4 with the csl?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If the issue is the wheel moving so you can't use higher FFB, have you looked into one of these?

https://www.ricmotech.com/hard_mount...mt-t150hmp.htm

$25 seems a lot easier to fly past the little lady than a few hundred!
    Last edited by simsimsheree; 10-04-2018 at 07:22.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I bought the CSL Elite (coming from the G29 and after testing the T300). The T300 ffb is great too. I would go for the Fanatec for the Load Cell Pedals. It could sounds absurd but believe me. I couldn't believe when i upgraded the CSL Pedals: the load cell kit is the TRUE GAMECHANGER.

Pedals are more important than the wheel and the load cell kit with the CSL Elite is the best combination (you can set the weight and use the in-wheel tuning to set the travel)
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4