Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T300 Alcantara or Fanatec CSL elite?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the replies so far guys – for the time being I’ve ordered the 150 hard mount, but not sure this will be a permanent solution as I’m still mulling a more proper upgrade

Madwak55 – I see your setup uses the TH8PA shifter, I thought it doesn’t worked directly plugged into the PS4? Maybe I can get myself to think of switching to the CSL at half the £1k I mention for the full set, and just use the TH8PA with it? But I’m confused – I was just reading on the other thread on here about using the TH8PA as a handbrake that its not recognized if plugged into the PS4 seperately?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    In my opinion and after my first Fanatec experience I would say not Fanatec, my Clubsport V3 brake pedal has developed sideways and up and down slop only after 10 weeks of ownership. I sent a video to Fanatec on their request and they say it is normal and are offering no help on the matter. IT has only started a week ago but makes driving very difficult as the pedal moved up and down and sideways before any brakes are applied, you never know when your initial brake application starts. I don't mind products having issues but it is how a company deals with it and to ignore and do nothing is not acceptable in my opinion. Is anyone else having these issues with their Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals or Fanatec Warrany?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountie111 View Post
    In my opinion and after my first Fanatec experience I would say not Fanatec, my Clubsport V3 brake pedal has developed sideways and up and down slop only after 10 weeks of ownership. I sent a video to Fanatec on their request and they say it is normal and are offering no help on the matter. IT has only started a week ago but makes driving very difficult as the pedal moved up and down and sideways before any brakes are applied, you never know when your initial brake application starts. I don't mind products having issues but it is how a company deals with it and to ignore and do nothing is not acceptable in my opinion. Is anyone else having these issues with their Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals or Fanatec Warrany?
    had my fanatec products for 1.5 years with no faults, complaints, or gripes.
    one of the guys I raced with had an issue with his v2.5 base and RMA'd it with Fanatec with no problems.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Both TM and Fanatec have their issues. I always track the reliability of wheelbases online for when I want to upgrade and found the below issues frequently:

CSL elite: faulty optical sensor (calibration problems), Loose belt, crack around QR, software compatibility issues.

T300: overheating issue, dead (internal) powersupply, Random button press issues.

I have rarely found any issues online with the CSW V2.5 and TS-PC racer. So my recommendation is one of these. They are more expensive, but much more reliable for the money. If you don't have the money now, just enjoy your t150 for the time being.
    Personally I invested in TM and have no complaints whatsoever. I own T-GT, TH8a, T3PA with Loadcell mod, TSS handbrake Sparco mod, TM Open Wheel Rim, 599 EVo rim. Only complaint is that TM doesn't have proper Loadcell pedals. I now use CSL elite Pedals, which are really great.

It is primarily a choice of ecosystem of which both have expanded greatly. Fanatec has the edge in higher quality gear, for which you obviously have to pay more accordingly. Thrustmaster has been going hard in the esports game. They have doubledowned on reliability and in most esport events Ts-pc racer seem the standard. On the ender end Fanatec is going to release a DD wheel this year, that will be compatible with almost everything in the ecosystem. In the end just chose which ecosystem you prefer.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I had / Have a T300 - Many Issues with it.... I upgraded from that to a G29, Much Better Pedals, and a Better FFB feel ( not Stronger ), I added a Load cell to the Pedals...
    Huge Improvement..
    With the Drive Hub I was able to use the TH8A shifter with the G29 Wheel.

I've since Upgraded again to the CSL-E with the V3 Pedals.
    To me It's Night and Day compared to the T300 or G29..

Thrustmaster or Fanatec ? - Fanatec Hands Down, no question.
    I still use the Drive Hub, and am Able to use the TH8A shifter with the CSL-E on the PS4 Pro.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi Wyldanimal I agreed I two have had both wheels and fanatec wins hands down.I would be interested see what wheel and FFB settings you are using.
    CHEERS DRIVECLUB007

Platform
    PS4
    I bought a Fanatec CSL Elite and received it yesterday. I only had time for half an hour with this new wheel in PCars2 last night, but the feeling was amazing! My previous wheel was a T150, which is fairly good, but the CSL Elite is much smoother.

With the T150, I wasn't able to control a Formula C car with patch 5.0 hard slick tires, but with the CSL Elite I'm able to do that because it gives me enough feedback to know how much speed I can carry through the corners without losing traction.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Lot's of good opinions in this thread. I'm currently also using a T300 + Alcantara Rim. No issues so far.

But when it breaks some time in the future I'll go for a Fanatec CSL elite.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I ordered the CSL Elite for PS4 yesterday, migrating from a T300 RS so will update this thread once Iíve had a little time to get used to it.

Also ordered a CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 so that I can finally stink it up on the Xbox1X as badly as I am on the Pro!

Should have them next week....
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishHead View Post
    I ordered the CSL Elite for PS4 yesterday, migrating from a T300 RS so will update this thread once I’ve had a little time to get used to it.

Also ordered a CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 so that I can finally stink it up on the Xbox1X as badly as I am on the Pro!

Should have them next week....
    I'm also looking forward to next week as my McLaren GT3 Rim should be sent out on Monday... I love getting new Fanatec stuff.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brŗth