Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T300 Alcantara or Fanatec CSL elite?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have had both Fanatec and Thrustmaster and the only issues with either was a dead powerbrick on the fanatec...

The only reserve i have is that fanatec seemed to have hiked their prices over the past few years, but this could be a mix of a shift up market and exchange rates
    The following user likes this Post: PocketZeven

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Has anyone received his Mclaren GT3 rim jet?? Just read that mine has been shipped yesterday 20th.. I think it will be a game changer for the mid range sim wheel market.. Now just see if the postman comes from Germany or takes the slow boat from China..

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DervPM View Post
    Has anyone received his Mclaren GT3 rim jet?? Just read that mine has been shipped yesterday 20th.. I think it will be a game changer for the mid range sim wheel market.. Now just see if the postman comes from Germany or takes the slow boat from China..
    Got mine last Saturday the 28th.
    I have the F1 Black to compare it too.

The GT3 is much lighter, so the FFB fidelity is a bit improved, Better
    It's more responsive. I turned down the Spring and Dampening, and the DRI
    So faster through the chicanes.

It's a larger Diameter, better in my opinion.

Because of the engineering delay, they sent the Quick release adapter.
    I swapped that out straight away.

Probably the Only thing I can say negative, is the Grips are man made. I'd rather the Alcantara or Leather.
    but it's minor..

Button Placement is good.
    the Two buttons, Share and Option, are the Ones with the protective ring around them.
    They take a Positive amount of Force to Press. ( same force as the Real wheel from what I read )

We just need for the Games, to patch in Full Support for this Rim and Base.

The orange Shift Paddle is nice. and it's up down on either side. you can Pull it or Push it.
    so if you take one hand off the wheel for what ever reason, you can still up shift or down shift
    single handed.

Right now, I luv the black Analog Paddles.
    I use Mode C which is Brake and Accelerator.
    This puts a fully functional analog Brake and Gas pedal at your finger tips.
    Mid corner you can tap either one, to help you get round the corner if needed.

In the Other Modes, it doesn't seem to be supported yet by the Games.

PS. I'm using my CSL-E in purple mode ( Compatibility ) on the Drive Hub.
    I found the FFB is better with the Drive Hub, than with out.

Be careful of the Green Mode. ( Xbox mode )
    My Wheel ripped from my hands and Started bouncing full Lock to Full Lock
    when I accidental put in Green Mode and Left it there for a few seconds.
    Reach in Catch the Wheel, and Change the mode...

Right now, it my Favorite rim for the CSL-E base.

edit: I have a bunch of photos of my Fanatec gear. It's become an obsession.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArPFg5yKGdXimzTJck9xPhIoc6wm

also, I attempted a repair.
    my V3 pedals don't sync with the base, whenever there is a firmware upgrade.
    I read that it might be the RJ45 port.
    So I took them apart to see if there was a problem.
    re-soldered the port just in case.
    So far Seems ok. the pedals synced up.

I wrote to Fanatec about the issue, got an automated response, but no live person response.
    And since it only happens after a update I just let it go..
    Getting the New GT3 wheel, I had to upgrade the Firmware.
    New Wheel needs new software..
    the V3's were not syncing up. So I thought, now is good a time as any to dive in..

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArPFg5yKGdXiniVER86FvfiZoSqn
    Last edited by wyldanimal; 04-05-2018 at 16:40. Reason: links to photos
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldanimal View Post

Probably the Only thing I can say negative, is the Grips are man made. I'd rather the Alcantara or Leather.
    but it's minor..
    I've seen a couple of people complain about this, which I find a wee bit odd. The wheel is an almost exact replica of the actual McLaren GT3 rim (only real difference is that the middle-top dial is swapped for the OLED tuning display)... the McLaren rim doesn't have Alcantara or leather, it has exactly the same rubber grips as the Fanatec does... why would Fanatec change that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McLaren-12C-Can-Am-Edition-steering-wheel.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	253860
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brŗth
    The following 2 users likes this Post: VelvetTorpedo, wyldanimal

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    but it's minor..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    I've seen a couple of people complain about this, which I find a wee bit odd. The wheel is an almost exact replica of the actual McLaren GT3 rim (only real difference is that the middle-top dial is swapped for the OLED tuning display)... the McLaren rim doesn't have Alcantara or leather, it has exactly the same rubber grips as the Fanatec does... why would Fanatec change that?
    I think if I were driving the real car, I would have a good set of leather racing gloves on. So my hands wouldn't feel the Man Made grips directly.
    I'm not in to wearing Driving Gloves while Sim Racing.
    So My Hands Do, feel the Man Made grips.

Perhaps it's time to find a nice pair of comfortable, breathable driving gloves.
    My hands sweat a bit, and that combined with the man made grips doesn't make for a great combination.
    So Any suggestions for a good set of driving gloves that are reasonably priced?

I've looked before, but the ones I found, were of course, expensive.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I think if I were driving the real car, I would have a good set of leather racing gloves on. So my hands wouldn't feel the Man Made grips directly.
    I'm not in to wearing Driving Gloves while Sim Racing.
    So My Hands Do, feel the Man Made grips.

Perhaps it's time to find a nice pair of comfortable, breathable driving gloves.
    My hands sweat a bit, and that combined with the man made grips doesn't make for a great combination.
    So Any suggestions for a good set of driving gloves that are reasonably priced?

I've looked before, but the ones I found, were of course, expensive.
    I always use good quality summer mountain biking gloves... usually very lightweight XC ones with no padding and good ventilation. They are cheap, comfortable and great for sim racing.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 09-05-2018 at 16:23.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brŗth
    The following 2 users likes this Post: wyldanimal, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I use the Mechanix Wear Grip gloves. They provide superb grip on inner side of your hand. The downside is that I sweat inside the glove quite well, so after two weeks of racing in the evenings the gloves smell like an old ice hockey glove. So I use an antibacterial spray for shoes from time to time ...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    I always use good quality summer mountain biking gloves... usually very lightweight XC ones with no padding and good ventilation. They are cheap, comfortable and great for sim racing.
    Ditto on the gloves, but the GT3 wheel is the first one that I prefure to drive without gloves.. There is so much grip..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    So, i’ve just ordered the T-GT. reason why is that i found a deal online, and I’m already in the ecosystem with my shifter. Hoping to sell my T150 Pro for around £100-£150. Will comment here on how the T-GT turns out. I know people will say I’m a fool because of the load cell, but my BBJ brake mod is plenty good IMO. And perhaps most importantly - i dont think thrustmaster ever has compatability issues with games, where fanatecs do, so lets see.
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    For me it is about the same. Will I Buy a fanatec cls or a TM RS-PC wheel... definitely I buy the Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC but I can’t make up my mind on the wheel choice.

Comming from the same T150 Pro with the T3PA pedal set and a T8HA shifter, any thing above this is a win situation of course. The TM T-GT Comes with pedals and I do not need them as I will buy the Fanatec..

Choices, choices, choices.
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 26-06-2018 at 17:28.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.