Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 351 to 358 of 358

Thread: Setup Requests for Consoles(pictures) Post Patch 5.0

  1. #351
    GT4 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,380
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Just double-checking something re the original Texas tune (of post #327) and advised further adjustments.
    In the original tune #327 re Tyre Pressure, Front Right tyre pressure is 22.92. Further adjustment to be 22.19.
    .......Question is wouldn't lowering the tyre pressure there increase chances of tyre heating?

    In the original tune #327...Re Bump Stops.
    ..............Front Right is 15mm. Rear Right is 15mm
    Change this to Front Right 50mm. Rear Right 45mm?
    ......Reason for asking is numbers here seem significant difference. And to confirm the numbers to adjust to is in mm?
    Yeah, I tested the tire pressure in TT for 10 laps and Custom race, along with the reduced front camber of -3.0 it seemed to help. Yes the Bump stops are correct, I improved my lap time just over 3 tenths.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33


  2. #352
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Daytona
    Posts
    75
    Platform
    PS4
    In PCars 1 I used to be OCD about tire temps. With the telemetry I'd only be satisfied if ALL the 4 tires had the same temp at the end of each lap. I got my best times that way for some reason but I dont even know if that was a placebo. I know the whole tire model has changed, mainly for better, occasionally for worse (I'm tuning Formula C now!).
    As David asked lowering pressure usually raised temps, which was over simplistic and doesn't work the same as that now I believe. In some of my tunes post patch 5.0 in the career tune thread I raised the front pressures by 3psi over rears to get rid of oversteer when no other way would fix it. I remember at Knockhill in the Ginetta Junior my front left was red at end of race and I couldn't change that without losing vital grip. I mean it's red for a reason, it's doing the most work! PCars 2 -wise, what is the major issue with a overheated tire? Will it LOSE grip above a certain temp, or wear much quicker? With mechanical damage ON does anything negative actually happen? Questions, questions! Can we get blowouts in the game/sim?
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33


  3. #353
    GT4 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,380
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    In PCars 1 I used to be OCD about tire temps. With the telemetry I'd only be satisfied if ALL the 4 tires had the same temp at the end of each lap. I got my best times that way for some reason but I dont even know if that was a placebo. I know the whole tire model has changed, mainly for better, occasionally for worse (I'm tuning Formula C now!).
    As David asked lowering pressure usually raised temps, which was over simplistic and doesn't work the same as that now I believe. In some of my tunes post patch 5.0 in the career tune thread I raised the front pressures by 3psi over rears to get rid of oversteer when no other way would fix it. I remember at Knockhill in the Ginetta Junior my front left was red at end of race and I couldn't change that without losing vital grip. I mean it's red for a reason, it's doing the most work! PCars 2 -wise, what is the major issue with a overheated tire? Will it LOSE grip above a certain temp, or wear much quicker? With mechanical damage ON does anything negative actually happen? Questions, questions! Can we get blowouts in the game/sim?
    Hi, I ran a couple of tests. First I ran the right front tire at higher pressure, full damage, mechanical failures, accelerated tire wear. I was slower but could not damage the tire enough to get it to blow out even though the tire temp was 270, maybe it needs more than 20 laps. Next I ran with the right front at minimum pressure, camber at maximum of -5.0. To my surprise I was running laps at 32.100 in Custom Race. I switched over to TT and sure enough I was able to improve my WR time slightly although slower than Custom Race which is expected. In the Nascar races I have watched they sometimes do blow the right fronts at Texas but I think most of the time they are beyond 40 laps. So in PC2 we just need to adjust our thinking a little and not worry too much about temperatures(at least on Ovals with this car).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-20 05-31-56-06.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	254739
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-20 05-32-00-32.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	254740
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-20 05-32-13-28.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	213.5 KB 
ID:	254741
    Last edited by blinkngone; Yesterday at 10:05.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: davidt33, sloppysmusic


  4. #354
    Superkart Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    672
    Platform
    PS4
    Just an update re Texas Speedway tune.

    Re Tyre Pressure: Further adjusted Front Right tyre pressure from 22.92 to 22.19.

    Re Bump Stops: Further adjusted as last advised:
    Front right from 15mm to 50mm.
    Rear Right from 15mm to 45mm.

    Ran this for 15 laps. I also think it helped somewhat re wear and heat. Also improved best time from previous 0:30.760 to 0:30.310. woot woot.
    Next, with above in place, I tried with reducing Camber from "-4.0" to "-3.0". This produced a slower time than with the "-4.0" so settled on leaving at "-4.0"

    Will apply Bump Stops adjustments to Indy next as advised.
    EDIT: Ok, so just applied same advised Bump Stops adjustments for Indy tune also and improved Best Time from prior 0:52.061 to 0:50.820. Woot Woot.

    So that takes care of Indy and Texas. Have yet to apply tune for Daytona. That will be later.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by davidt33; Yesterday at 14:01.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

  5. #355
    GT4 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,380
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Just an update re Texas Speedway tune.

    Re Tyre Pressure: Further adjusted Front Right tyre pressure from 22.92 to 22.19.

    Re Bump Stops: Further adjusted as last advised:
    Front right from 15mm to 50mm.
    Rear Right from 15mm to 45mm.

    Ran this for 15 laps. I also think it helped somewhat re wear and heat. Also improved best time from previous 0:30.760 to 0:30.310. woot woot.
    Next, with above in place, I tried with reducing Camber from "-4.0" to "-3.0". This produced a slower time than with the "-4.0" so settled on leaving at "-4.0"

    Will apply Bump Stops adjustments to Indy next as advised.
    EDIT: Ok, so just applied same advised Bump Stops adjustments for Indy tune also and improved Best Time from prior 0:52.061 to 0:50.820. Woot Woot.

    So that takes care of Indy and Texas. Have yet to apply tune for Daytona. That will be later.
    Cheers.
    Well I'll be..., current WR at Indy Oval in TT is 0:51.079 , so you are good.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33


  6. #356
    Superkart Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    672
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Well I'll be..., current WR at Indy Oval in TT is 0:51.079 , so you are good.
    All credits go to Lataj and you Blink. Cheers. Drinks on me.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

  7. #357
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    15
    Platform
    PC
    Looking for a setup, Porsche RSR GTE at Circuit of the America’s please.

  8. #358
    GT4 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,380
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by WALLYGATOR-215 View Post
    Looking for a setup, Porsche RSR GTE at Circuit of the America’s please.
    Ok, changes were made to the Damper page.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-21 06-41-36-64.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	254772
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-21 06-42-10-91.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	254773
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-21 06-42-15-79.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	254774
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-21 06-42-20-03.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	254775
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-21 06-42-24-97.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	254776
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-21 06-42-32-94.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	254777
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Similar Threads

  1. Setup Requests for Consoles(pictures) Post Patch 4.0
    By blinkngone in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 461
    Last Post: 19-05-2018, 13:16
  2. Setup Requests for Consoles(pictures) Post Patch 3.0
    By blinkngone in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 15-04-2018, 13:54
  3. Set up Requests for Consoles (pictures)
    By blinkngone in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 29-01-2018, 14:59
  4. Patch 4 requests
    By johnnyone in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-11-2017, 10:27
  5. A few post 2.0 patch requests
    By lordymatsuo in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 13:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •