Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Setup Requests for Consoles(pictures) Post Patch 5.0

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks a mil Blink. If you get a chance tell Bytecruncher much appreciated.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    How does this work then? use to use the database for Pcars loads, however i just tend to run the base setup on pcars 2 as cant find any setup guides anywhere but only ever on this forum, and never for the car/class i need

If its literally request and wait, is it possible for a general setup for bmw 320 TC?
    Many Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydehtbh View Post
    How does this work then? use to use the database for Pcars loads, however i just tend to run the base setup on pcars 2 as cant find any setup guides anywhere but only ever on this forum, and never for the car/class i need

If its literally request and wait, is it possible for a general setup for bmw 320 TC?
    Many Thanks
    Hey. Most people on this thread want the most current Patch which is 5.0 and the majority want GT3 because it is the more popular class but I will try and get any car/track combination you want. You check the WMD portal here http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...ehicle=9503224 and if you see something you like just let me know or you can let me pick a setup at the track you want and if I can find a good one I'll post it. Some of the setups are just Default with only minor changes and I will try and find a setup where there is more tuning involved if that is possible. The TC have not had many changes and a lot of the setups that are in TT are from several patches ago so what I will do if the run you want is from a previous patch, say Patch 4.0, I will post it in the 4.0 thread and then link it to your original request. It is my understanding that the TC class did not get a tire change in 5.0 so older patch runs should work fine for the BMW. I did find one new WR for the BMW at Brands Hatch GP at 1:30.395 which is almost a half second quicker than the previous WR if you would like to look at this. There are a couple of Custom setups at the top of TT at the Red Bull Ring GP so I could look at these and maybe get you a Brands Hatch setup and an RBR so you could compare them. The general setup for the BMW and all other cars are the Default ones, Loose and Stable.

Hey, I found the BMW TC from RBR in the Patch 3.0 thread so here it is.http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1455065
    Found Monza too. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1469951

Setup Guide. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ar-in-21-steps

Yorkie's Videos. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...e-by-Yorkie065

Oh what the heck, here is the Brands Hatch GP run, azeeta has made significant changes to the Damper page, now you have 3 setups to peruse.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-14 14-50-45-52.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	254466

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-14 14-51-42-31.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	254467

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-14 14-51-46-36.jpg 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	254468

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-14 14-51-50-75.jpg 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	254469

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-14 14-51-57-51.jpg 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	254470

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-14 14-52-03-91.jpg 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	254471
    Last edited by blinkngone; 15-05-2018 at 13:57.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Ok, bytecruncher has a new WR at Fuji with the Ford Zakspeed Capri. Mostly working on the 40 power and coast ramps now.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-15 11-46-51-27.jpg 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	254514

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-15 11-47-25-82.jpg 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	254515

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-15 11-47-29-98.jpg 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	254516

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-15 11-47-34-78.jpg 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	254517

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-15 11-47-43-34.jpg 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	254518

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-15 11-47-50-49.jpg 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	254519
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hey blink, you mention in a previous post the issues with wet conditions and them hopefully being addressed in the next patch. I’m really struggling with the Super Trofeo Lambo at the Nurburgring in Career. Handling goes from feeling really grippy and certainly driveable to like driving on ice after 1 lap. Is this what people are experiencing and you refer to?
    PS4 ID: steve-986 |
    Project CARS setup: PS4 | T300RS wheel | TH8A | Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on | BBJ SimRacing 26 Switch Pro Button Box | Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 with RGS Module | RS Dash | 43" Sony Bravia TV | 5.1 Surround Sound or Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 |
    Real world setup: Audi RS4 Avant Sepang Blue |

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-986 View Post
    Hey blink, you mention in a previous post the issues with wet conditions and them hopefully being addressed in the next patch. I’m really struggling with the Super Trofeo Lambo at the Nurburgring in Career. Handling goes from feeling really grippy and certainly driveable to like driving on ice after 1 lap. Is this what people are experiencing and you refer to?
    Yeah, it's not just the Super Trofeo though. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...eo+undriveable
    Sorry I didn't get back to you, everything was down over here.

Here is another one with some suggestions. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rburgring+rain

Also here is the Super Trofeo setup from the patch 4.0 thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1485134
    Last edited by blinkngone; 15-05-2018 at 23:27.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    No problem Blink - couldn't face the frustration last night so didn't bother. It's good to know that I've not lost the skills I seemed to prosess in the previous dry races in the series!! You really have to learn to drive the Super Trofeo but ultimately it can be quite rewarding. The races (until the Nurburgring!) have been great. You gave me the patch 4.0 set up previously and that's what I've been using. Using Jussi's suspension calculator I've found a damper set up (reduced rebound) that really works for me and I've found that I can transfer this from track to track tweaking as required. Not sure I can wait until they do or don't resolve these wet track/tyre issues so I'll have to persevere.

I'll take on board Maskmagog's comments re. brake temps - getting those hotter will certainly help with braking (AI can brake later and harder so that makes sense) and should also help with the tyre temps falling off.
    Project CARS setup: PS4 | T300RS wheel | TH8A | Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on | BBJ SimRacing 26 Switch Pro Button Box | Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 with RGS Module | RS Dash | 43" Sony Bravia TV | 5.1 Surround Sound or Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 |

Platform
    PC
    No problem Blink - couldn't face the frustration last night so didn't bother. It's good to know that I've not lost the skills I seemed to prosess in the previous dry races in the series!! You really have to learn to drive the Super Trofeo but ultimately it can be quite rewarding. The races (until the Nurburgring!) have been great. You gave me the patch 4.0 set up previously and that's what I've been using. Using Jussi's suspension calculator I've found a damper set up (reduced rebound) that really works for me and I've found that I can transfer this from track to track tweaking as required. Not sure I can wait until they do or don't resolve these wet track/tyre issues so I'll have to persevere.

I'll take on board Maskmagog's comments re. brake temps - getting those hotter will certainly help with braking (AI can brake later and harder so that makes sense) and should also help with the tyre temps falling off.
    Oops, sorry I didn't recognize you. Yes I think closing the brake ducts is a good idea. This well help with the pressure dropping but not really the tire temps so much. The Power Ramp angle at 45 seems too low for the rain and the ARBs too stiff in the 4.0 setup, unless you've already changed them with Jussi's calculator you might want to adjust these. The brake balance might be better toward the rear a little as well. Maximum downforce should help and possibly increasing the ride height. At least you know you are starting in the rain and can make some adjustments unlike in a race with variable weather where all you get is a tire change to wets. The next patch is a few weeks away and although I am sure they are working hard to address the wet issues I don't see how they fix them all. Maybe just a few issues per patch.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 16-05-2018 at 09:26.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Haha no worries - you got me those a while back but unfortunately, track time is a little limited at the moment due to having an 8 month old which makes the frustration of factors working against you even greater when you just want quality racing! I've mainly used Jussi's calculator for setting the dampers to my liking once I'm happy with the spring rates. Not sure I've understood how the ARBs interplay with that - any tips? I know I've tweaked the brake balance already but haven't changed the downforce level, ride height or Power ramp angle. I can run mid to high 2:16's which is consistent with the AI in career mode in these conditions but the 'ice affect' and lack of braking/overall grip makes it treacherous. Fingers crossed the next patch brings the wet running to a more consistent level. Shame because its a much underused area of the game and a whole new skill set. I was always pretty competitive in the wet in my 100cc 2 stroke Karting days so some of it should be transferable!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Oops, sorry I didn't recognize you. Yes I think closing the brake ducts is a good idea. This well help with the pressure dropping but not really the tire temps so much. The Power Ramp angle at 45 seems too low for the rain and the ARBs too stiff in the 4.0 setup, unless you've already changed them with Jussi's calculator you might want to adjust these. The brake balance might be better toward the rear a little as well. Maximum downforce should help and possibly increasing the ride height. At least you know you are starting in the rain and can make some adjustments unlike in a race with variable weather where all you get is a tire change to wets. The next patch is a few weeks away and although I am sure they are working hard to address the wet issues I don't see how they fix them all. Maybe just a few issues per patch.

Platform
    PC
    Haha no worries - you got me those a while back but unfortunately, track time is a little limited at the moment due to having an 8 month old which makes the frustration of factors working against you even greater when you just want quality racing! I've mainly used Jussi's calculator for setting the dampers to my liking once I'm happy with the spring rates. Not sure I've understood how the ARBs interplay with that - any tips? I know I've tweaked the brake balance already but haven't changed the downforce level, ride height or Power ramp angle. I can run mid to high 2:16's which is consistent with the AI in career mode in these conditions but the 'ice affect' and lack of braking/overall grip makes it treacherous. Fingers crossed the next patch brings the wet running to a more consistent level. Shame because its a much underused area of the game and a whole new skill set. I was always pretty competitive in the wet in my 100cc 2 stroke Karting days so some of it should be transferable!
    Hi, well I have only done a few wet setups and I reduced the ARBs because I felt the roll bars provided resistance and this is fine for dry conditions and particularly if you have your front roll bar stiff for understeering in the dry it might make you lose the front end to sliding in the wet causing you to saw at the wheel trying to get the car to turn in. For the rear with it set to stiff for oversteering in the dry I lowered it because in the wet the stiff rear bar might cause the rear to slide out breaking traction which is already at a minimum. I really am not sure though, I have tried to get people to post wet setups so together we could figure things out better but no luck.