Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [PS4] Patch 5.0 discussion thread

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    @ Sankyo :

It should solve the problem if you make a clean install, but sometimes it doesn't work. Seemed to happen to me yesterday, but now it's ok.
    Btw, can I ask why only PC2 is asking a complete cleaning of the PS4, just for this game ? Is it normal to ask that to players you think ?

Honest question, I don't to be kicked again for nothing.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Don't know if there were made changes to the core tyre model of the game which would affect every tyre compound and not only Slicks for GT cars, but I noticed a big difference driving the Lotus 49 with the vintage tyres. It feels much more nimble and loose now and the traction brakes more abruptly so that you actually have to be more careful not tot get snap oversteer and spin out. For me this is a huge improvement and now the car is a lot more fun than before.
    The following user likes this Post: MarcoM

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    When you submit a crash report, could you mention your forum username in it? SMS can then link the report to your postings/problem descriptions?
    yes i do it on every crash with CE-34878-0

But I see a new PS4 Firmware is out, i hope that minimize the problem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by demadou View Post
    @ Sankyo :
    Btw, can I ask why only PC2 is asking a complete cleaning of the PS4, just for this game ? Is it normal to ask that to players you think ?
    What do you mean with "PC2 is asking a complete cleaning of the PS4"? Does the installer tell this to the player, or do you mean that some people report having tried to completely remove pC2 and re-install? Because it's not necessary, only a possible solution for people who experience game crashes.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    What do you mean with "PC2 is asking a complete cleaning of the PS4"? Does the installer tell this to the player, or do you mean that some people report having tried to completely remove pC2 and re-install? Because it's not necessary, only a possible solution for people who experience game crashes.
    I think he's referring to what you asked him earlier :

Did you do a full console reboot and a database rebuild after the patch installed?
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishHead View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is getting this error, but the inability to save a setup due to invalid use of profanity is still present.
    Title of setup: Stable 2.

Lol, is PC2 telling me to use the Loose setups only?

My father is also getting this error. We are racing online against AI if that makes a difference.

On first hour of driving, not feeling the changes in the tire model like the PC folks are. I am also struggling still to drive without SC enabled with these GT3 cars, so take that for what it is worth.

After new update

I tried to save a setup on the modern Indycars and get the same thing could not not due to profanity, , it would not accept any word

I could save over existing setup , I had the red stripe soft tyres and tried to save a setup with the hard tyres and would not accept , I eventually saved it thru overwriting an existing setup and also did a pit stop setup as well , I was on the infield track at Indianapolis in single player with 27 Ai,

Ai had to be set at 70% and 45% aggression ,this worked brilliantly and Ai were as near as perfect with my lap times and Ai lap times being under 100th second of each other, the top 10 ai were all within half a second and the rest of the Ai field were within a second and half at most,

The new 488 seems to be very hard to stop on the bakes on the serval tracks in single player,

Ai career mode the can am at the classic Germany track I had to turn Ai almost down to 15% and 45% aggression,

The graphics seems to get even better and none of the above affected my game and ffb was even better
    Standard ps4 t300 wheel , PC dash , U.K.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by senna94f1 View Post
    After new update

I tried to save a setup on the modern Indycars and get the same thing could not not due to profanity, , it would not accept any word

I could save over existing setup , I had the red stripe soft tyres and tried to save a setup with the hard tyres and would not accept , I eventually saved it thru overwriting an existing setup and also did a pit stop setup as well , I was on the infield track at Indianapolis in single player with 27 Ai,

Ai had to be set at 70% and 45% aggression ,this worked brilliantly and Ai were as near as perfect with my lap times and Ai lap times being under 100th second of each other, the top 10 ai were all within half a second and the rest of the Ai field were within a second and half at most,

The new 488 seems to be very hard to stop on the bakes on the serval tracks in single player,

Ai career mode the can am at the classic Germany track I had to turn Ai almost down to 15% and 45% aggression,

The graphics seems to get even better and none of the above affected my game and ffb was even better
    Standard ps4 t300 wheel , PC dash , U.K.
    Glad we aren't the only one getting this error. And you are right, I forgot to mention the only way to save a set up is over an existing one, trying a new slot will result in the profanity error. It may be related, but my father was setting the correct amount of fuel for the race prior to start, but coming up way short in actuality. I suspect he was thinking one set up was loaded, when in fact, it was another. But this happened race after race last night. I myself wasn't having that problem.

It is nice to have the engine highlighted green showing damage when mechanical failures are on, but damage is visual only. That is new I believe.

Also wanted to ask, for those using controllers: are you able to enable Opposite Lock Assist at this time? My father, who uses one, says that option is no longer available to him.
    Last edited by PhishHead; 12-04-2018 at 15:30.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yeah i can no longer save setups either.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    PC
    Have you guys turned off the profanity filter?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    lso wanted to ask, for those using controllers: are you able to enable Opposite Lock Assist at this time? My father, who uses one, says that option is no longer available to him.
    Opposite lock is under gameplay now...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858