Thread: [RESOLVED] Setup disappeared

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

[RESOLVED] Setup disappeared

I'm just getting into changing setups, so apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm in the GT3s in career and am literally on the last race of the world championship. I've been editing a setup since the first race of the first championship, saving every change to it. Called it Base30 (yeah I've been watching the Yorkie guides!) and it's been going great. However I wanted to see what values the default stable setup had for a specific variable, so I loaded it up to check, went to go back to my Base30 and it just isn't there! The setup has completely gone. I can't remember what a lot of the values were so if it has genuinely been lost then its hours of work down the drain and I'm back to square one. Any ideas?

Platform
    PC
    Make sure that you're not confused by the track-specific vs global set-up saving, i.e. you may have to look in a different place for the set-up.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Cheers, I'll double check that. Would the setup stay on the car when I moved to a different track though if I'd saved it as track specific by accident?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Actually it's an ongoing thing - I'm in a different car now, saved my setup with a name, then loaded up a default setup, then went back to load the one I had saved 30 seconds earlier and it's not there. So it's just not saving any setups... that's going to basically make the game unplayable.

Edit: Wait, are they saved by mode? I tried again in a different car and I saw it actually show the setup I'd saved in the Load menu (I named it 'test'), but it had removed the default setups (is that supposed to happen?). When I went from career to time trial the car had that setup on but it wasn't in the Load menu, and it wouldn't let me save a setup with the same name (test). I saved one as test2, went back to career, and I can load test but not test2. This doesn't quite explain why previously I had a setup disappear from in career mode, but at least I'm learning how it works.

Edit again: Oh shit I'm an idiot When I'm using the d-pad going up and down the All Track-This Track menu, I have to then hit A to 'enter' that option, I was just hitting right on the d-pad to move across, so yeah I had setups in the track specific, and the default ones are in all tracks.
    Last edited by ModoX; 12-04-2018 at 15:29.
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo