Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you wondering about reckless driving in PS4 lobbys?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Are you wondering about reckless driving in PS4 lobbys?

Not really. The most useful tools for hosting a lobby are still missing or bugged:

1. No lobby naming
    2. Useless voice chat (since PCars1)
    3. No inline text-chat

Since SMS doesn't care about this, no one has any chance to manage a lobby proper. And thats the main reason why PCars2 on PS4 has not the amount of users it coul'd have. Denying that fact is ok for fanboys, for SMS it's just loose money.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'd like the server browser to show all the private rooms so we'd know how busy the platform is. Most of my racing is in private rooms.
    Last edited by Daz555; 12-04-2018 at 21:30.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

WMD Member
    Mic always been ok for me it takes like 2 secs to sort out

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Issue for me in lobbies since the game's release has been muting other peoples' mics. I find other players' mics often too loud, to the point where you can't hear your own engine revs, tyres locking etc, which affects your ability to drive at your best. There is no "mute all" option, which means you have to individually mute each player's mic, and then mute any players that join subsequently, which is not ideal if you are driving. Sometimes the mute option doesn't work at all. I don't race with a mic, so it would be nice to have a "mute all" option so you can choose whether hear other players talking or not.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewf1 View Post
    There is no "mute all" option...
    There is a workaround though, if you don't wish to hear any gamechat simply create a party for yourself.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, stevewf1, Xx-Rickdj82-Xx

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Host should have the option to disable all mics. Standard feature in GT, but of course there, they don't neglect the ability to text.

Texting is a FAR more efficient way to communicate in a room full of people without the self control to ONLY talk when they absolutely have to.

There are times when SMS trying to 'be different' has failed to understand that the system already in place in most other games is there because it works...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    There is a workaround though, if you don't wish to hear any gamechat simply create a party for yourself.
    Thanks, will give this a try!

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Trouble is, there is no text alternative to mics. So, you either keep them on, listen to some kid's chewing gum or some bloke's emphysema all through the race drowning out the car's sounds, or you lose any ability for the host or players to communicate at all...

I would like a quick 'Mute all' and a 'Mute all but host' button, and room host have the option to mandate it for the room.

We need text boxes, and we need them BADLY

The problem is, PC rooms have text. GTS rooms have text (so it's not a PS4 limitation). PC2 PS4 rooms don't have text. Why?
    Last edited by simsimsheree; 13-04-2018 at 19:24.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Voice chat improved immensely since patch 1.4, its as clear as any other game out there now and even rivals being in a party chat for sound clarity.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Why can't it be that we don't hear anyone unless we put our headsets on as well, really don't see why we have to hear them through the TV speakers without having to mute everyone individually