Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [XB1] Patch 5.0 Discussion thread

Platform
    PC

[XB1] Patch 5.0 Discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss Patch 5.0 on XB1.

[Release notes]

For those new to Project CARS, the patch threads are NOT for discussing what is NOT in the patch. The patch threads are for discussing what IS contained in the patch. Other posts will be removed.
    Last edited by Bealdor; 12-04-2018 at 16:00.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cluck, Konan, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The force feedback for Fanatec wheels is fixed. Half a lap and my wheel feels great. Thank you. Update Just ran a full race at Redbull Ring and it was great. Happy Racing.
    Last edited by killer2293; 12-04-2018 at 16:40.
    XBOX 1X Fanatec CSW2 & Clubsport V3
    The following 6 users likes this Post: blinkngone, Konan, lmbg, Maskmagog, OddTimer, Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1
    It's bigger than its PS4 counterpart, so I guess we have a lot of Xbox related (or specific) issues fixed. We'll have to investigate which one were, since the accelerated release (thanks by the way) has had an adverse effect on our patch notes.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.
    The following user likes this Post: APR193

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    After 5 mins play my first impressions are that the sound output is higher by about 6dB.

The graphics in high mode look improved to me, more stable. Not tried high res yet.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Jezza819

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Seems great so far. One thing i noticed though is the ' entering pit lane ' warning keeps appearing ( practice at brands ).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Anyone noticed an improvement with FFB for tx wheel?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by fishaac View Post
    Anyone noticed an improvement with FFB for tx wheel?
    Thank you sms. The game just keeps getting better and better.
    I will start to download soon, and a big thanks to whoever made the call to shorten patch notes to get the update out sooner than later.

Glad to see you guys recognized a "specific scenario' were this would be necessary.
    I will also inform you guys if under any specific conditions the AI pit entry lane is still causing problems.

Thanks.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, lmbg, Maskmagog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Much better feel from my V2.5 fanatec base now. Just nessing with settings now that they actually change things.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thank you SMS! Only had 5 minutes to test, but the violent shaking of Thrustmaster TX with Ginettas seems fixed! Now I can enjoy Ginetta JR career one more time

Not sure about this, but it seemed like penalties stayed a bit longer? Pre patch 5 they pretty much went away by themselves. Would be a welcome tweak, if you actually have to slow down now. They were a bit forgiving before. But as I said, I only tested very briefly.

One more thing, maybe I'm just crazy, but has something been done with braking? Maybe I'm just rusty with the Ginetta, since I haven't driven it for awhile b/c ffb shaking, but it felt like it stopped quicker.

Really looking forward to the new Leipzig layouts! And the Ferrari! Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated!
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Just downloaded the patch. Jumped straight into private testing in the new Ferrari at Imola, ran default setup and the car hardly turns even on full steering lock. I thought this is weird, lets try a car I'm familiar with... so I got in the Nissan R89C also at Imola and now the game freezes and crashes to dashboard every time I try to load a car setup. I restarted my console and it's still doing the same thing.

Edit: it seems no matter what car I select, the game crashes every time as soon as I try to pull up my saved car setups list, doesn't appear to be track specific either as I've tried numerous tracks. The game didn't crash once during patch 4 Help, I don't think I can handle waiting a few months for a patch to fix this.
    Last edited by LukeC1991; 12-04-2018 at 21:07.