Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 173

Thread: [XB1] Patch 5.0 Discussion thread

  1. #161
    Superkart Pilot Ofnir4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Alps
    Posts
    657
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I can assure you though that plenty of devs read this thread...
    That just gives more weight to the "being ignored" stance and I'm not looking for any more proof of that, I'm drowning in it.

    Reading is one thing, I can read things and not adsorb any information from it, reading, passing along the information or acknowledging the information is another entirely, closer to my goal.

    That may seem harsh, but I'm not looking for a talk with a subordinate, I'm looking for the guy/gal that makes decisions impacting our issues, the people working for him/her are just unnecessary intermediary of which I would like to steer clear of to have a better straight forward flow of communication. That person looks a lot like Andy Garton to me. (Stephen Viljoen may have more of a overseer, managerial role with less "hands-on" knowledge.)

    I'm basically doing detective work to get answers about a product for which I'm a consumer, working difference angles to get to the same conclusion.
    Good cop-bad cop doesn't seem to be have effective and I don't want to have to cross a line with no return by doing bad cop-worst cop. I need a hand here.
    Last edited by Ofnir4; 04-05-2018 at 20:15.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

    Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: grrrillapmp, Kostman22


  2. #162
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    151
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Actually, valid questions were asked in your original thread 2 days ago which you have still not answered. Without details and willingness to help and try recommendations. What do you want?
    Nope. Any question asked of me was answered. So say you didn't see it, don't say I didn't answer.

    And even if I didn't answer, which I did, how I'ma answer questions in a locked thread?
    Last edited by grrrillapmp; 04-05-2018 at 20:52.

  3. #163
    Superkart Pilot Juiced46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    432
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post
    Nope. Any question asked of me was answered. So say you didn't see it, don't say I didn't answer.

    And even if I didn't answer, which I did, how I'ma answer questions in a locked thread?
    Now you are just being ignorant.

    I clearly said in your original thread. Not your locked thread which was a crap version of your original with zero details.

    You didnt answer the question because my reply is still the most recent which was 5/2.

    You didnt answer, you are just being difficult right now. People are trying to help you and you are being negative to everyone.
    FOR SALE: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Wheel w/pedals. PM me for info
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants


  4. #164
    Superkart Pilot Juiced46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    432
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180504-191337_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	253863

    Try again.....
    FOR SALE: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Wheel w/pedals. PM me for info

  5. #165
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    151
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've already given up on that so I didn't see it. So you are right. I am wrong.

    Also salute to you for all the testing you do and info you provide to others. No way I have the patience to still be testing a game released so long ago.
    Last edited by grrrillapmp; 07-05-2018 at 13:11.

  6. #166
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1
    Platform
    XBOX1
    How do I download this update? Which screen do I need to go to?

  7. #167
    GT5 Pilot Tank621's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,694
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by jleath2834 View Post
    How do I download this update? Which screen do I need to go to?
    Check the "manage game" tab, but it should have probably auto updated when it came out, It has been quite a while since it released
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

  8. #168
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Whiterun
    Posts
    70
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Frustrating stuff.

    I miss the old days of PC gaming when you saved the patches to your HD and could simply uninstall the game and install the patch you wanted. I have the 1X. The game behaved perfectly after I bought the 1X with a field of 25 or more cars. I could go from testing to driving in a custom race with a full field with all weather conditions without a problem. Since patch 5 not the case. Since patch 5 going from practice to the race the tires go like driving on ice. Don't give me the BS that the track was "rubbered" in the practice session. The skating effect doesn't affect the AI except on Brno. Also, another head scratcher, the set ups I create in practice work fine in Time Trial.

    Last night I spent 3 hrs making a set up for Willow Springs with a 911 GTE. Willow Springs is tricky because the track chews up the left front tires and builds up tire pressure unevenly. It takes about 6 laps to see where your pressures max. I got the tires to stabilize at 1.75 bar all the way around on hard slicks. I didn't want to mess with that. It also requires asymmetrical camber setups for those long sweeping turns. 0.05 bar shouldn't make any difference. I found if I went up in pressure one tick the tires were overpressured and the car got a little twitchy.

    Started the race: 25 AI cars - remember this is the 1X not the OX1. Same date, ToD and conditions as the practice. Spun out on turn one. Spun a few turns later. Lots of understeer. Went from hard slicks to softs. That helped, but still had a lot of understeer problems that weren't there in the practice. It's supposed to be able to handle this stuff. It handled it fine in Patch 4. After about 12 restarts where the car wouldn't stay on the track last night I finally gave up and turned on Stability Control and raced. It behaved like it did in practice and like it used to in Patch 4. If I could I'd roll back to Patch 4. But this is the XBox 1X, and you must stay current on the patches.

    It seems like everytime they fix something, something that was fixed gets broken elsewhere. Or they add something that puts too much strain on the processing capacity of the consoles. Face it. This is a port from the PC. Due to the degradation of performance it is obvious that SMS has been adding to the PC version and porting the patches to the consoles from that. Perhaps it would be a better idea to take into account that the consoles might not be able to handle all of the features that the PC version can handle and leave those features out of the console version of the patches. I'd prefer running authentic assists for races, but apparently the console won't let me.

  9. #169
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    631
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by julia-6 View Post
    Frustrating stuff.

    I miss the old days of PC gaming when you saved the patches to your HD and could simply uninstall the game and install the patch you wanted. I have the 1X. The game behaved perfectly after I bought the 1X with a field of 25 or more cars. I could go from testing to driving in a custom race with a full field with all weather conditions without a problem. Since patch 5 not the case. Since patch 5 going from practice to the race the tires go like driving on ice. Don't give me the BS that the track was "rubbered" in the practice session. The skating effect doesn't affect the AI except on Brno. Also, another head scratcher, the set ups I create in practice work fine in Time Trial.

    Last night I spent 3 hrs making a set up for Willow Springs with a 911 GTE. Willow Springs is tricky because the track chews up the left front tires and builds up tire pressure unevenly. It takes about 6 laps to see where your pressures max. I got the tires to stabilize at 1.75 bar all the way around on hard slicks. I didn't want to mess with that. It also requires asymmetrical camber setups for those long sweeping turns. 0.05 bar shouldn't make any difference. I found if I went up in pressure one tick the tires were overpressured and the car got a little twitchy.

    Started the race: 25 AI cars - remember this is the 1X not the OX1. Same date, ToD and conditions as the practice. Spun out on turn one. Spun a few turns later. Lots of understeer. Went from hard slicks to softs. That helped, but still had a lot of understeer problems that weren't there in the practice. It's supposed to be able to handle this stuff. It handled it fine in Patch 4. After about 12 restarts where the car wouldn't stay on the track last night I finally gave up and turned on Stability Control and raced. It behaved like it did in practice and like it used to in Patch 4. If I could I'd roll back to Patch 4. But this is the XBox 1X, and you must stay current on the patches.

    It seems like everytime they fix something, something that was fixed gets broken elsewhere. Or they add something that puts too much strain on the processing capacity of the consoles. Face it. This is a port from the PC. Due to the degradation of performance it is obvious that SMS has been adding to the PC version and porting the patches to the consoles from that. Perhaps it would be a better idea to take into account that the consoles might not be able to handle all of the features that the PC version can handle and leave those features out of the console version of the patches. I'd prefer running authentic assists for races, but apparently the console won't let me.
    This is a real concern to hear as I thought the One X resolved these very issues. It's so confusing to hear how for one person the X is a massive difference and improvement while for another they seem to experience the same problems as others do on the vanilla One. This break down in the physics you mention in your post is exactly what myself and the guys I race with who are on the One experienced last night as you can see from my post here:-

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...One-Limitation

  10. #170
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Whiterun
    Posts
    70
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    This is a real concern to hear as I thought the One X resolved these very issues. It's so confusing to hear how for one person the X is a massive difference and improvement while for another they seem to experience the same problems as others do on the vanilla One. This break down in the physics you mention in your post is exactly what myself and the guys I race with who are on the One experienced last night as you can see from my post here:-

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...One-Limitation
    I replied to your post.

    Also my game took major frame rate hits every time an AI car pitted, however this did not show up in the replay. This didn't used to happen before Patch 5. Note: I had only medium cloud set for weather. Dynamic time set at 10X. Penalties: On; Track Limits: On. Other penalties off. Damage Off. Tire and fuel consumption on. This should not have strained the XB1X

    I am curious as to why Patch 4 worked better on console.

    It should also be noted that XBox Live had an update as well. The last time this happened, it coincided with Patch 3 and really messed up things on the OXBox1 with PC2 to the point where the game became unplayable. It was then I bought the XB1X. The game was great until I think this last week.

    It should be noted that the XBL dashboard crap is active all the time regardless of if you're using it. Like Windows, every update is pretty much bloatware. They added a "feature" that makes a fancy new alert sound every time someone logs on. Maybe this is the culprit. I don't know.
    Last edited by julia-6; 17-05-2018 at 23:15.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh


Similar Threads

  1. [XB1] Patch 3.0 Discussion thread
    By Bealdor in forum Technical Help & Support (XBOX1)
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 09-02-2018, 11:32
  2. [PS4] Patch 3.0 Discussion thread
    By Bealdor in forum Technical Help & Support (PS4)
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 06-02-2018, 08:58
  3. [XB1] Patch 2.0 Discussion thread
    By Bealdor in forum Technical Help & Support (XBOX1)
    Replies: 430
    Last Post: 26-11-2017, 09:34
  4. [PS4] Patch 2.0 Discussion thread
    By Nicho Lucas Dad in forum Technical Help & Support (PS4)
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 21-11-2017, 09:14
  5. [PC] Patch 2.0 Discussion thread
    By satco1066 in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 20-11-2017, 20:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •