Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.0 Ruined my Fanatec FFB

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Download the demo for Pcars2 and Forza7 (unless you have the full version) and see if it still shakes.

Did you check for loose screws on the base and behind the wheel?
    I have not checked for loose screws. I will do that next. Just tried project cars 2 demo and forza 6 and 7 and had no issues. Did not shake at all! So seems I only have the problem with the actual game. Just not sure why I do and no one else does?

I will try different usb settings ports and cord as well and keep trying f to trouble shoot. But strange itís fine on other games.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Iíll need to turn that on. Have not tried the widget yet. Also reset my Xbox compeltlley and set up as new Xbox. Still had the shake.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    What number flashes up on the wheel after the v310 update? I haven't updated my V2 yet but currently 299 comes up on the screen when starting the wheel. I dread updating because I ALWAYS seem to screw it up.
    446 flashes up. It added FEI setting to tuning menu on the v2.5 and makes a significant difference in tuning out vibration in the v2.5 Xbox combo. Massive improvement on pc2 and also on Assetto.
    The following user likes this Post: Chokofanten

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Removed.. Wrong thread.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcarey84 View Post
    I have not checked for loose screws. I will do that next. Just tried project cars 2 demo and forza 6 and 7 and had no issues. Did not shake at all! So seems I only have the problem with the actual game. Just not sure why I do and no one else does?

I will try different usb settings ports and cord as well and keep trying f to trouble shoot. But strange it’s fine on other games.
    If the demo does not show the problem, maybe you should try and re-install + patch to v5?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    If the demo does not show the problem, maybe you should try and re-install + patch to v5?
    Well I unistalled and reinstalled the game... would that do the same? Or is there a way to specifically redownload patch v5?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Well I unistalled and reinstalled the game... would that do the same? Or is there a way to specifically redownload patch v5?
    Are you on a digital copy or disc?

If digital, Patch 5 is built into the download. If disc, the disc should install then download Patch 5 automatically.

With that being said, if its not happening in the demo, your car is either track/car specific or something within the came. Either something got corrupt during the patch install or a save file corruption.

The car setups you run, have you ever made new setups or are you still loading setups that you made from say Patch 3 or 4? Have you ever reset the setups? Last resort, which alot of people do not like to do is. Delete your save from the system and cloud. You will lose everything though. However, I did this on an older patch and it fixed multiple issues I was having.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    @Tcarey84- I think and I hope I just figured out your issue because I was able to duplicate it with some tinkering. So I have been trying your wheel settings with the Audi Road car C on Sonoma and Nurburg GP. I tried everything imaginable and could not get the shaking to happen. I then went to the Gameplay settings menu turned ON Steering assist, Turned ON opposite lock, then changed assists for TC, Stability and ABS to On/low. When I turned these on, I got SEVERE shaking in the wheel right in the pits instantly. Are you running any of the above settings ON that I mentioned? If so turn them Off. Steering and Opposite lock assist to OFF. Turn Assists to "authentic".

Once I figured this out, I reverted back to my original settings that were working previously. The shaking was still present. I hard reset the Xbox, still present. I had to delete my saved car setup (write your values down first) delete it. Then in the vehicle setup menu, click "Reset to default settings" This made the shaking go away after reverting back. It seems like its implementing a bug into the car setup after this happens. I have 100% confirmed this multiple times and fixed this by doing so...

I really hope this fixes your problem.

@Grimey, thanks for the recommendation on trying out gain @ 50. I did this and the wheel feels very good. I see you mentioned turn FOR to 100, there is no FOR in Xbox mode though on the V2.5, did you mean something different?
    Last edited by Juiced46; 06-05-2018 at 18:26.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following user likes this Post: SRC Brian

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    @Tcarey84- I think and I hope I just figured out your issue because I was able to duplicate it with some tinkering. So I have been trying your wheel settings with the Audi Road car C on Sonoma and Nurburg GP. I tried everything imaginable and could not get the shaking to happen. I then went to the Gameplay settings menu turned ON Steering assist, Turned ON opposite lock, then changed assists for TC, Stability and ABS to On/low. When I turned these on, I got SEVERE shaking in the wheel right in the pits instantly. Are you running any of the above settings ON that I mentioned? If so turn them Off. Steering and Opposite lock assist to OFF. Turn Assists to "authentic".

Once I figured this out, I reverted back to my original settings that were working previously. The shaking was still present. I hard reset the Xbox, still present. I had to delete my saved car setup (write your values down first) delete it. Then in the vehicle setup menu, click "Reset to default settings" This made the shaking go away after reverting back. It seems like its implementing a bug into the car setup after this happens. I have 100% confirmed this multiple times and fixed this by doing so...

I really hope this fixes your problem.

@Grimey, thanks for the recommendation on trying out gain @ 50. I did this and the wheel feels very good. I see you mentioned turn FOR to 100, there is no FOR in Xbox mode though on the V2.5, did you mean something different?
    Thank you for taking the time to figure this out!! I will give a try tonight. I have never had steering assist or oppositite lock on and I usually run assists on authentic but also have them assigned to be able to turn off and on on the fly on my wheel because some cars I prefers no assists and am faster without them on some cars. Do I only need to delete the car setting and start over fresh or do I have to hard reset Xbox again? Also once I redo the setup on the car if I use tc, or stability control does the shaking come back? Or once I reset the setup does that clear the bug?

Thank you again! Canít wait to try!!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thank you for taking the time to figure this out!! I will give a try tonight. I have never had steering assist or oppositite lock on and I usually run assists on authentic but also have them assigned to be able to turn off and on on the fly on my wheel because some cars I prefers no assists and am faster without them on some cars. Do I only need to delete the car setting and start over fresh or do I have to hard reset Xbox again? Also once I redo the setup on the car if I use tc, or stability control does the shaking come back? Or once I reset the setup does that clear the bug?

Thank you again! Can’t wait to try!!
    I think I may have spoke too soon I got the wheel shake to come back with Authentic settings on and Steering assist and Opposite lock off now.

The weird thing is, I could not now repeat the bug with the Audi road car. But I can get it to happen with the GTR Road car. I loaded the OEM setup and everything is fine. So I loaded the stable, shaking right away. Went back to OEM, shake is gone. I thought maybe its the save for the Stable setup. So what I did was, I started with the OEM setup and input all the stable adjustments to that and saved it. Shake came back......

So after tinkering around changing 1 setting at a time. The thing that makes it go away is TIRE CHOICE.

Using the same loaded OEM setup but just changing tires....
    Soft Tires-Shake is Present
    Medium Tires- Shake goes away.

I can switch back and forth and make it happen. I think my original test with the assists on/off did nothing. UNLESS it corrupted my save somehow. But I cannot get the Audi to do it now at all, but now I can make the GTR do it every time. See vids below. Both videos were taken in Private testing NO AI

Soft tires- Shaking....(Im holding the wheel in this vid)

Medium tires (same setup) No shake

Back to the drawing board. Give it a try on your side. Load the GTR OEM setup on Nurburg GP. Switch to medium tires. See if it shakes. Go back to pit, switch to soft and see if it starts to shake.