Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.0 Ruined my Fanatec FFB

Platform
    PC
    I have the Fanatec 2.5 Wheel base, and my initial thoughts when i loaded the new patch was , "what have they done to make this feel so bad", after this i realised that pre patch, i had everything cranked up to get some feeling into the wheel. On tinkering i have made it feel much better and i will no doubt have to tinker some more to get it feeling as i want it.
    When i have it as i want it i will post my settings.
    i7-8700k, liquid cooled, 1080Ti. Oculus Rift VR, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, Universal Hub SQ Shifter, Pedals V3, GT Omega Pro cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    It could be possible that you are in different firmware version?

It's very strage that those who have problems previous patch, now is perfect, and others that was perfect before, now are having issues.

It would help that who has problems after patch reports his FW version, and who the problems was solved, do the same.
    Those complaining now liked the magic carpet glass smooth track feel with wheel weight in the turns. The rest of us like the bumps and knocks that bring PC2 closer to Assetto. You wheel should bump and knock as its translating all forces. I don't mean rattle uncontrollably but you need to feel Kerb, gravel, tyres sliding ect. We all will no doubt never agree on this but what is fact is that fx and tone now make changes in feel, where as before they did nothing for me that means patch 5 is a success. I am running the latest v2.5 firmware
    Last edited by SRC Brian; 13-04-2018 at 10:07.
    The following user likes this Post: Gymnast

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by justonce68 View Post
    I have the Fanatec 2.5 Wheel base, and my initial thoughts when i loaded the new patch was , "what have they done to make this feel so bad", after this i realised that pre patch, i had everything cranked up to get some feeling into the wheel. On tinkering i have made it feel much better and i will no doubt have to tinker some more to get it feeling as i want it.
    When i have it as i want it i will post my settings.
    I have a suspicion that could be the issue some were getting with the new patch. That some had their FFB settings, or aspects of it, cranked up too much to compensate pre-patch 5 so now with patch 5 the need to over-compensate may not be needed so some adjustment may have to be made now to get it where it should be.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by SRC Brian View Post
    Those complaining now liked the magic carpet glass smooth track feel with wheel weight in the turns. The rest of us like the bumps and knocks that bring PC2 closer to Assetto. You wheel should bump and knock as its translating all forces. I don't mean rattle uncontrollably but you need to feel Kerb, gravel, tyres sliding ect. We all will no doubt never agree on this but what is fact is that fx and tone now make changes in feel, where as before they did nothing for me that means patch 5 is a success. I am running the latest v2.5 firmware
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    I have a suspicion that could be the issue some were getting with the new patch. That some had their FFB settings, or aspects of it, cranked up too much to compensate pre-patch 5 so now with patch 5 the need to over-compensate may not be needed so some adjustment may have to be made now to get it where it should be.
    That is exactly what I have been trying to say. To the guys that say it does not feel right anymore. Have their settings way to high. The reason is, pre patch 5, they turned everything up trying to fix a problem that could not be fixed. Remember, that tone and FX did NOTHING when adjusted in Patch 3 and Patch 4. Now that Patch 5 fixed it, those settings are WAY too high. Those guys need to adjust their settings. Settings at lower levels is not a bad thing, it is correct. We all have different FFB preferences. However, what I am saying is, if you had your settings turned up, you now need to go back and start over and will most likely result in lower settings when you are done dialing it in.

With that being said. I bet I can lay this issue to rest quickly. I know this sounds bizarre, but for you guys that say it does not feel right anymore. Do this. Download the demo. Input your settings that you have been using. Come back and tell me if the Demo feels like your game did with Patch 4 or if it feels like how Patch 5 does. I will explain why after you guys test this.......
    Last edited by Juiced46; 13-04-2018 at 11:09.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Chokofanten, davidt33, justonce68, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    That is exactly what I have been trying to say. To the guys that say it does not feel right anymore. Have their settings way to high. The reason is, pre patch 5, they turned everything up trying to fix a problem that could not be fixed. Remember, that tone and FX did NOTHING when adjusted in Patch 3 and Patch 4. Now that Patch 5 fixed it, those settings are WAY too high. Those guys need to adjust their settings. Settings at lower levels is not a bad thing, it is correct. We all have different FFB preferences. However, what I am saying is, if you had your settings turned up, you now need to go back and start over and will most likely result in lower settings when you are done dialing it in.

With that being said. I bet I can lay this issue to rest quickly. I know this sounds bizarre, but for you guys that say it does not feel right anymore. Do this. Download the demo. Input your settings that you have been using. Come back and tell me if the Demo feels like your game did with Patch 4 or if it feels like how Patch 5 does. I will explain why after you guys test this.......
    After Patch 3 ruined FFB I left all of my settings exactly as they were and just changed flavor to get a little bit of feeling and just rode it out until Patch 5. But it does kind of make sense that if someone tried to go extreme with the settings to try and get it back to close to where it was, that now full power has been restored, everything feels totally out of whack.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following 3 users likes this Post: davidt33, Juiced46, Konan

Platform
    PC
    I think you guys with "ruined" FFB just need to adjust your settings, especially FX.
    | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.5 GHz @ 1.300 V @ NZXT Kraken X62 AiO Water Cooler | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW @ 2076/5500 MHz @ GeForce 390.77
    | Mobo: Asus Z170-Deluxe @ Bios 3703 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-2800 MHz @ 1.350 V (XMP)
    | PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
    | Sound: Creative X-Fi Titanium @ Edifier S550 Encore 5.1 Soundsystem
    | Monitor: Asus PG348Q 21:9 UltraWide G-Sync Monitor @ 3440x1440
    | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

| Wheel: CSW v2.5 Beta (USB, FW 317/018) | Pedals: CSP v3i (Base, FW 1.30) | Driver: 293
    | Tuning Menu: SEn: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | AbS: OFF | drI: - 01 | For: 100 | SPr: OFF | dPr: OFF

| FFB: Jack Spade Standard Low Comp DD SopDiff 100/45/45/10

| Graphics: Texture Filtering: Aniso 16x | V-Sync: On -> G-Sync | MSAA: High | Reflections: High | E-Map: High | Car Details: Ultra | Track Details: Ultra | Pitcrew Details: All | Shadows: Ultra | Enhanced Mirrors: On | Motion Blur: Off | Pre-Rendered frames ahead: 1 | Detailed Gras: High | Particle Quality: High | Particle Density: Ultra

WMD 1 & WMD 2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Juiced46, SRC Brian

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Boeschen View Post
    I think you guys with "ruined" FFB just need to adjust your settings, especially FX.
    Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
    That remark was unnecessary and uncalled for...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My csl felt pretty bad after updating, but after loads of testing ended up using raw default with 35 on the wheel (was 75), and now it's sublime. It's like a different wheel, still getting weight on the corners AND feeling the bumps and tyre flex.
    Brilliant job.
    To those that are still struggling, heed what others are saying here- turn down the ff on the wheel.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by alegunner68 View Post
    My csl felt pretty bad after updating, but after loads of testing ended up using raw default with 35 on the wheel (was 75), and now it's sublime. It's like a different wheel, still getting weight on the corners AND feeling the bumps and tyre flex.
    Brilliant job.
    To those that are still struggling, heed what others are saying here- turn down the ff on the wheel.
    Ok so Iíve spent sometime today going over many points raised yesterday.

Please take a minute to watch over my new video to checkout how I have the wheel setup now.

https://youtu.be/uIzNu_Q-S88

I think it still needs another patch to reduce the knocking but itís almost back to how it was for me.

P.s hope to meet some of you guys online in the lobbies, my gamer tag is Rat Master 3

Sorry itís a lengthy video but itís a tough topic
    The following user likes this Post: g.stew