Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Need serious help after patch 5.0

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I’ve been doing some private testing laps today, avoiding time trial. Thought I look again, fully expecting the game to crash as it was doing yesterday but to my surprise it didn’t. Picked a car, TT loaded and all seems to be working fine now.

I’ll report back if the issue reoccurs.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidDemon View Post
    Iíve been doing some private testing laps today, avoiding time trial. Thought I look again, fully expecting the game to crash as it was doing yesterday but to my surprise it didnít. Picked a car, TT loaded and all seems to be working fine now.

Iíll report back if the issue reoccurs.
    I was still having issues this morning ... I'll try again in a couple of hours and will also report any findings ...

Platform
    XBOX1
    1:30 PM EST US
    Still CTD as soon as I go into Comm Events, as soon as it grabs the time data it CTD.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    1:30 PM EST US
    Still CTD as soon as I go into Comm Events, as soon as it grabs the time data it CTD.
    Yep, I'm still having problems ... this time all I was doing was flicking through the track selection screen in time trial and it crashed!
    I'm wondering if the loading of peoples times or quite possibly xbox gamertag pictures has anything to do with it?? The gamer tags took ages to load prior to patch 5 (if they or the times loaded at all!) now I'm wondering if they attemping to load in the background even when starting a time trial/the track is loading, hence the crash at the track loading screen ....

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by gmspromo View Post
    Yep, I'm still having problems ... this time all I was doing was flicking through the track selection screen in time trial and it crashed!
    I'm wondering if the loading of peoples times or quite possibly xbox gamertag pictures has anything to do with it?? The gamer tags took ages to load prior to patch 5 (if they or the times loaded at all!) now I'm wondering if they attemping to load in the background even when starting a time trial/the track is loading, hence the crash at the track loading screen ....
    Not a bad shout on the gamer pics, they appear too when loading a car setup so that could be causing the crash there too.
    The following user likes this Post: gmspromo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidDemon View Post
    For clarity Iíll explain what happened. Installed patch, went to Time Trial and tried the 488 around Brands and Barcelona. Changed to a different car, few more laps. Quit Time Trial, went to quick race and did a 3 lap race in the new 488EU. Back to Time Trial, selected 488US and did a couple more laps of Barcelona. Quit game.

Next day, booted game, noticed last used quick race car wasnít the 488,but a McLaren. Went into Time Trial, again noticed last used car had changed to a Chevy, 5 seconds later game crashes to dash.

Relaunch. Into time trial, try to quickly change car, crash. Try again, this time try to change track, crash. Once more, this time I just pressed start Time Trial quickly and it loads fine. Quit time trial, game crashes.

Due to my last used cars being different I have to suspect itís a patch issue. However I can use the 488ís fine in a race. Only seems to be affecting TT Mode.

*edit* Just to note, the Chevy that was shown as my last used car is one I donít remember ever driving. It seemed to be just a random selection.
    Interesting, I haven't had the time trial crashing but I did have my last used car changed to the McLaren on custom race and my saved favorite races. I also had a Chevy on my practise session last used and I hadn't driven either of them. The funny thing is, this happened earlier in the week before the patch. Right before it happened, I had a message after exiting a session that my Xbox account had been logged out. I figured the changing of all the cars happened when it was unable to load my profile data.

So I'm wondering if this is profile related. That might explain time trial issues since it needs access to your profile because that's where your time trial ghosts and setups are actually stored. I have used time trials with no problem but I've also had a couple full system updates in the last week done last since I'm in in the preview fast-ring.

Has anyone tried removing their local profile data and resynching from the cloud to see if it helps. I'd experiment myself but I'm not having the time trial crashing issue. If anyone is interested, I can hunt down the instructions to do this.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by g.stew View Post
    Interesting, I haven't had the time trial crashing but I did have my last used car changed to the McLaren on custom race and my saved favorite races. I also had a Chevy on my practise session last used and I hadn't driven either of them. The funny thing is, this happened earlier in the week before the patch. Right before it happened, I had a message after exiting a session that my Xbox account had been logged out. I figured the changing of all the cars happened when it was unable to load my profile data.

So I'm wondering if this is profile related. That might explain time trial issues since it needs access to your profile because that's where your time trial ghosts and setups are actually stored. I have used time trials with no problem but I've also had a couple full system updates in the last week done last since I'm in in the preview fast-ring.

Has anyone tried removing their local profile data and resynching from the cloud to see if it helps. I'd experiment myself but I'm not having the time trial crashing issue. If anyone is interested, I can hunt down the instructions to do this.
    Ok, so after saying this, I go into time trial and try changing car or track and it crashes. I tried removing my local save and letting it copy from the cloud again and it didn't help.

The good news is, I may have a workaround. After doing it, I've been able to go into time trial with 5 different cars, 5 different tracks, and loaded both default setup and 2 of my saved setups on each car. That's in no way extensive, but it's enough to consider it's not a fluke and have others try it.

Workaround
    note: I am on an xbox preview alpha build so my menu/setting names may be slightly different than yours

Go to your Xbox settings. On the Account menu, choose Privacy & online safety
    Select Xbox Live privacy
    Choose Custom and go to View details & customize
    Select Game content
    Under You can see and share content choose Block
    If the game was running, restart it and try your time trials again

What this does: This will prevent others from seeing content you created like ghosts and time trials. If you have ever seen people on the time trial list with --- as their car and no ghost or setup, this is how they can do that.

After doing this and testing different cars and tracks, I went back to the settings and changed it back to what it was before (Everybody for me). I restarted the game again and time trials are still working. It's possible this doesn't actually do anything and it was just lucky that I stopped having the problem. It's also possible that doing this triggered some sort of refresh of the stored profile data that fixed whatever was causing the problem.

So I figure it can't hurt to have other people try it to see if it helps them. I'll continue to test it and reply if I have the problem again.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: blinkngone, Konan, OddTimer

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Workaround
    note: I am on an xbox preview alpha build so my menu/setting names may be slightly different than yours

Go to your Xbox settings. On the Account menu, choose Privacy & online safety
    Select Xbox Live privacy
    Choose Custom and go to View details & customize
    Select Game content
    Under You can see and share content choose Block
    If the game was running, restart it and try your time trials again

What this does: This will prevent others from seeing content you created like ghosts and time trials. If you have ever seen people on the time trial list with --- as their car and no ghost or setup, this is how they can do that.

After doing this and testing different cars and tracks, I went back to the settings and changed it back to what it was before (Everybody for me). I restarted the game again and time trials are still working. It's possible this doesn't actually do anything and it was just lucky that I stopped having the problem. It's also possible that doing this triggered some sort of refresh of the stored profile data that fixed whatever was causing the problem.
    Could everyone who gives this a try please confirm if this is working?
    If it does i'll put a reference to the post in the thread title and forward it to the devs...
    Thanks for your intensive cooperation and patience @everyone.
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Could everyone who gives this a try please confirm if this is working?
    If it does i'll put a reference to the post in the thread title and forward it to the devs...
    Thanks for your intensive cooperation and patience @everyone.
    Tried the above workaround, I still can’t load can’t setups without the game crashing when connected to Xbox Live. Time trial appears to be ok now though.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have no difficulty in loading my previous set ups.

For info, these are all my own set ups, I have never downloaded a ghost set up.

edit - I just noticed that there are some notes about connectivity possibly causing problems, my xbx is permanently connected and I very rarely get disconnects and suffered none during testing of this yesterday.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 15-04-2018 at 09:46.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ