Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial issue list [Post Patch 6.0]

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mea_culpa View Post
    Maybe it's better "PS4 menu/race locked to 30fps instead of 60fps"

Remember that the bug affects also the menu (main menu etc...). Probably not so evident on a LCD/LED TV but visible on a plasma TV as mine
    @asturbo Bug "[NEW] Frame drop after TT [PS4]. Link" is the same as the one verified by pimpi84 and me. It should be better to mix them only in one. As text I would use the one proposed by me (it better identifies the problem)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mea_culpa View Post
    @asturbo Bug "[NEW] Frame drop after TT [PS4]. Link" is the same as the one verified by pimpi84 and me. It should be better to mix them only in one. As text I would use the one proposed by me (it better identifies the problem)
    Agree. I was in doubt if it was same issue. Removed and issue title updated.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 16-05-2018 at 16:44.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator
    The following user likes this Post: mea_culpa

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Do you agree that by now it is safe to assume that Sport tyres being much faster and grippier than the Slicks (which are the default) in Formula C is a bug?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...87#post1509887
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Do you agree that by now it is safe to assume that Sport tyres being much faster and grippier than the Slicks (which are the default) in Formula C is a bug?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...87#post1509887
    For Gods sake dont get rid of the Sports and leave us thiose 'slicks'!!! One will not be amused..

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    For Gods sake dont get rid of the Sports and leave us thiose 'slicks'!!! One will not be amused..
    I meant that IMO it's a bug that the slicks are bad, not that it's a bug that the sports are good!
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Platform
    PC
    After reading the thread I agree that there is a problem, but I don't know if it's a physics problem or a naming problem. If the sports tire is faster than slicks as planned, the name results confusing, and the default tyre must be the sports tire. Many people would be struggling with the wrong tyre thinking that is the best option.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Keena, PostBox981

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think its more than just a name issue. The physics of the car are so different on the 'slick' tyre, and the control and temp issues so severe, that I would assert strongly that there is a more significant underlying issue with that tyre.
    The 'sport' tyre makes corrections to setup function in a predictable way, which is why i would suggest that is the intended tyre model.
    If you introduce a tyre and get random responses and diabolical performance, then introduce another tyre and get predictable responses and satisfactory performance consistent with your settings from other series- well the evidence begins to stack up at that point...
    My solution (for what its worth)- remove the slick file, rename the sports file and decrease wear slightly. Simples.

Edit- i think by the way that your name needs to go in the credits Asturbo. Youre going above and beyond with this thread
    Last edited by Keena; 16-05-2018 at 19:02.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem, Maskmagog, shiftee

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    After reading the thread I agree that there is a problem, but I don't know if it's a physics problem or a naming problem. If the sports tire is faster than slicks as planned, the name results confusing, and the default tyre must be the sports tire. Many people would be struggling with the wrong tyre thinking that is the best option.
    Either case, I think one way or another, this is a bug which should be logged and then it's up to the devs to decide if it is a naming or a physics problem. If you do add an entry for this, please include a link also to a previous thread about this issue:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...+slick+formula

I think almost everybody there agrees it is a bug and that they are happy to have found this workaround with sports tyres.

Platform
    PC
    Now I can remember that I uploaded a video of the Formula C in Mount Panorama with the beta of PCARS2. It was part of the videos that members were authorized to share in public during the final testing process. As you see in the video (please forget the AI, because in that stage was horrendous), it was uploaded in July, two months before of the official launch. It was recorded with default setups and the car was very fun to drive, and no special issues with handling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV16jCd4SNQ

In the past months, surprisingly I received some messages in YT asking to share my setup, because viewers can’t drive in the same way as me, neither doing my lap times. I didn't understand, because it was not a video to show "my skills" with no special fast times, it was only share the actual footage of the game. But after your post I’m beginning to understand everything. Probably my default tire in July was correct, and was different to the default tire now, that is probably wrong.

In these betas, it was also a problem with the tires that didn’t match in Setup/Strategy/ICM and probably when it was renamed/fixed before launch, there was a mistake with the default tire or the tire names, can't be sure.

I’ll try this weekend to confirm if feels different, but it looks very suspicious.

Added to the list in the car section.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 16-05-2018 at 21:10.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Keena

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    there are other cars with some weird tires.
    once i got the Ford RS1600 (street modell) online and choose the street tires.
    complete horror... not able to brake or cornering even with 50 km/h.
    take the all weather tires --> different like day and night
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes