Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial issue list [Post Patch 5.0]

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post

ISSUES FIXED IN PATCH 5.0

Not impressive number of fixes if we also consider that the asturbo's list was referred by developers as the list they used to fix the bugs reported bu users.
    At asturbo and all users reporting bugs, thank you for your effort!
    I hope that for the next patches SMS will take into account that list (in the meanwhile updated with new bugs) more than it was in patch 5. It seems to me we all are wasting our time to discover and submit real bugs/issues and at the end they receive no attention at all.
    Personally I don't understand the approach used by SMS to not provide proper patch note information after the patch went online (so accepted by Sony or MS). It simply complicates the work of all the users currently acting more as testers than players. Every time they have to start from scratch to retest everything due to missing info from developers about what it was fixed, changed or improved. Proper information from SMS will drastically reduce the effort of the users allowing them to better address their "unexpected" work.
    Missing patch note information from a developer should be ok in case the sw is pretty stable and mature so not requiring significant changes.
    Last edited by mea_culpa; 18-04-2018 at 10:29.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Flens07, MaXyM, OperatorWay

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    - GUI & HUD: Setups disappearing. Link

This still happens. Had not seen it for a while, but suddenly last night it started happening all the time. It was after I added some new setups, so I guess it has to do with the number of saved setups.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowhop View Post
    "Pit Box Occupied" bug still present Online and Offline with AI. With 32 Pit Stalls and <32 Cars on Track, this should never be an issue.
    I had an online race go to hell yesterday thanks to that bug. It's been around since patch 2.0 approximately

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by demand34 View Post
    I had an online race go to hell yesterday thanks to that bug. It's been around since patch 2.0 approximately
    It's not a bug. 32 garages doesn't mean there's 32 pit boxes available. Most of the time 2 cars share one spot.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    It's not a bug. 32 garages doesn't mean there's 32 pit boxes available. Most of the time 2 cars share one spot.
    My team box was empty. It is a bug that triggers under whoever knows what particular circumstance. I have had it more than once before 5.0 btw

Platform
    PS4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b0ccf5d.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	253262
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Collin McRae

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've been seeing a visual problem that only seems to occur at dusk. It's been around since I got the Xbox One X. If you look at these two videos, look at the instrument cluster. It looks like the screen is trying to separate or tear. Like it's being stretched a little bit. Look directly up from the cluster and you can see the tearing problem basically goes up into where you're looking at the track. It gets distracting when it's doing it.

Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post

UNCONFIRMED ISSUES IN PATCH 5.0
    (Please, report if you observed it or you find it fixed)

• GAMEPLAY: Replay limit on consoles. Link

If you can confirm that any of this issues is still present or is actually fixed, please report to update the status.
    Confirmation that the replay limit is still present on PS4.
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I know you have "No starting lights online" However sign 1.5 i havent had this.. However i have had on 2 occasions now lights out of sync (By 3-4 seconds).. i have once got green passed 16 people standing still then they got green (just as i split 1st and 2nd).. to take lead.. (light syncing issue). Multiplayer

We also had a league race (20ms pings) where all but 1 person went green.. they were left red for a few seconds then went red red red green... to start .. effectively starting 4-5 seconds behind.

Its random, however out of 9 races in last week we have had it twice.
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ogonoski View Post
    This might not actually be an issue, but instead highly realistic.

Goodyear develops a unique tire compound for every track on the NASCAR schedule. There is no such thing as a "NASCAR Slick" in the same sense of an "F1 soft compound tire" where it's the same tire for the whole season. We have a Daytona slick, an Atlanta slick, a Homestead slick, an Indianapolis slick, etc, for all 23 tracks. This is why, when you'd download rFactor 1 NASCAR mods, there would be like 20+ car configurations in the Vehicle Upgrades menu (TPSCC comes to mind). Lots of modders replicated this and it's why for a period of time people thought ISI sims were the way to go for stock car racing.

Stock car teams also run varying amounts of stagger to both help the car turn and prevent from over-stressing the tires.

Though it looks like a late model, the '95 SCCA Mustang is a purpose-built road car with two tire compounds developed for road racing. The tires aren't meant for constant left turns at 260 km/h.

What's interesting is that the "problem" you're experiencing actually happened in 2008. Goodyear brought too soft of a compound to the Brickyard 400 that year and tires were blowing about every eight laps or so. NASCAR had to throw something like ten fake cautions to allow teams to pit before their tires blew as it was a major safety hazard. That event is single-handed responsible for killing NASCAR in Indianapolis; the event once rivaled the Daytona 500 in attendance but dropped to a fraction of that figure in the following years from fan backlash.

I would certainly hope that soft compound road course tires are obliterating themselves after eight laps at a track notorious for tire wear on stock cars.
    Hey Austin. Is your Platform correct? I am on PC and ran some test with Cobra GTO for the PS4 guys. Here is the link to my Texas tests. Texas is actually much harder on the Right Front tire than Indy but I had no problem running 30 laps even with the RF tire over 300 degrees. Heck I even tried "brushing" the wall at the exit of turn 2 to give it some fender rub but the tire remained fine.http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1502326
    I ran a similar test at Indy. Just for grins I set my fast lap around lap 10 and you can see compared to the tire temps from Texas at the same number of laps that Indy isn't a problem for PC players with the GTO. The PS4 players are in a League and don't want this "feature" that the PC players didn't receive. To them it is a bug.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-19 06-07-20-91.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	248.1 KB 
ID:	253305

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-19 06-10-21-01.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	253306

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-19 06-10-40-25.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	253307
    Last edited by blinkngone; 19-04-2018 at 10:47.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.