Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial issue list [Post Patch 6.0]

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    This definitively is a point. I had to up my min ping settings to find the server me and my mates use. Never found it with the default 1500, had to rise it to at least 3000. The higher the ping rate, the more lobbies you´ll find.
    With 3000ms I see 87 servers and lowering to 1000ms I only see 45. That would be good if it works, but I'm sure that the filter doesn't work well, because some good servers are beeing excluded randomly from the list. Increasing steam's ping filter, you have more options of finding your server, even it's in your own room.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 10-07-2018 at 16:12.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    With 3000ms I see 87 servers and lowering to 1000ms I only see 45. That is good if it works, but I'm sure that the filter doesn't work well, because some good servers are beeing excluded from the list randomly. Increasing ping filter in steam you have more options of seeing your server.
    Well, a ping is just that, a ping... It's a point in time reference (i.e. you could have a little latency at that exact moment for the ping which doesn't actually exist during a race). It's not really a measurement, but a guide to find servers that should work well for your connection/distance.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    What I want to say is that Steam's ping filter is not very accurate because can exclude good servers (probably Steam issue not PC2). For example if I set a diferent geographic zone in my steam, the pings are obtained from the Steam server of that zone to the DS, and the ping could be very high (and then be excluded from the list). But from your home to the DS you could have a very good ping.

So if you can't find your server in the browser, you can set the max value ping allowed in Steam to have more options to see your DS in the list.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 10-07-2018 at 16:38.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, PostBox981

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Good tip guys, will do that and will tell others about it, too. Hopefully this will take care of those issues for good. Thanks!

Platform
    PC
    What I want to say is that Steam's ping filter is not very accurate because can exclude good servers (probably Steam issue not PC2). For example if I set a diferent geographic zone in my steam, the pings are obtained from the Steam server of that zone to the DS, and the ping could be very high (and then be excluded from the list). But from your home to the DS you could have a very good ping.

So if you can't find your server in the browser, you can set the max value ping allowed in Steam to have more options to see your DS in the list.
    I'm not so sure the ping runs from the region server. It's possible, but it makes more sense from the client. I guess if anyone is really curious, they could run Wireshark on the local PC and see if the ICMP request go outbound from their PC. I bring that up as just doing the server browser refresh could make the pings look different than before (i.e. changing the region could just be a placebo).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I'm not so sure the ping runs from the region server. It's possible, but it makes more sense from the client. I guess if anyone is really curious, they could run Wireshark on the local PC and see if the ICMP request go outbound from their PC. I bring that up as just doing the server browser refresh could make the pings look different than before (i.e. changing the region could just be a placebo).
    I don't know how it really works, but I don't think that any client pings all online servers when browsing online (but I could be wrong). Your DS would receive IMCP traffic from anyone who click "race online" and I don't think that is happening. Probably the Steam servers who keep the active servers list, pings time to time the DS to check the conection and store the ping value to this server to sort the list for the clients. Obviously when you connect to a specific server then the client comunicates directly with the server.

Anyway the important thing for those who are having problems to find their server, must try to increase the ping filter value in the Steam and see if it makes any difference. The parameter we are talking about is here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sin título.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	257474
    Last edited by Asturbo; 10-07-2018 at 18:40.

Platform
    PC
    Still having the known issue with the dedicated server where the Force Manual Pitstop option doesn't override the player's game setting when the server is set to control the game.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1526703

It works fine when using the -selectds option to build an online event manually, but not when the server is controlling the configuration.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think the issue that proximity arrows disappear when the car besides is even inches ahead and only get visible when it gets a few inches back must be added to the list:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1522110

I gave it much test and I can confirm that this always happens and in my opinion it is the reason for many of the crashes online, when one driver has absolutely no indication that another is car completely next to him
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Still having the known issue with the dedicated server where the Force Manual Pitstop option doesn't override the player's game setting when the server is set to control the game.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1526703

It works fine when using the -selectds option to build an online event manually, but not when the server is controlling the configuration.
    Have you tried with ManualPitStops=2 ?

Obviously there is a bug in the DS, or an error in the documentation and sample files, but it's working for me with this value.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 12-07-2018 at 11:06.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, satco1066

Platform
    PC
    Have you tried with ManualPitStops=2 ?

Obviously there is a bug in the DS, or an error in the documentation and sample files, but it's working for me with this value.
    That seems to have solved it! Thanks!
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, satco1066