Thread: Import PC1 to PC2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Import PC1 to PC2

There are a lot of good custom skins made from Project Cars. Is there a way to import it to PC2? I really want the City car from Days of Thunder in PC2. I am looking into how to make it myself though with my 7 day free trial of Adobe Photoshop if not. Darren O'Brien is a fantastic skin creator for PC and I would love it if he could import them to PC2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Oh and another quick question (I'm still very new to this) This will work online right? Like the other online players will see it?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Poody View Post
    Oh and another quick question (I'm still very new to this) This will work online right? Like the other online players will see it?
    Nope. The other guys will see a white body.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Nope. The other guys will see a white body.
    Won't they see whatever custom livery they have assigned for that car?

With regards to "porting" a livery: if the car is in both games, you can very likely use (a part of) the livery. The name of the custom livery files changed, but in most cases removing "_PLAYER" from the PC1 file name should be enough. Just have a look into Vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries and make sure the old file has the new, matching name before pasting the file into CustomLiveries folder.

(For now) You can only use the diffuse texture (named..._LIVERY_PLAYER.dds) in PC2 - no option for specular, fresnel, rim, etc textures at the moment. Still this should do the basic job in 90 of 100 cases.
    The following user likes this Post: Poody

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    Won't they see whatever custom livery they have assigned for that car?
    You could be right there. Anyway, other people won´t see the custom livery you chose until accidentally they assigned the same.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, confirmed! If it's the same car all you need to do is remove the _Player part of the name and save. Worked like a charm!

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poody View Post
    Yes, confirmed! If it's the same car all you need to do is remove the _Player part of the name and save. Worked like a charm!
    Good to know.Also,welcome to the Project CARS Forums.