Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Best....game....ever!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have a direct drive wheel as well and although it has improved the feel, i'm not sure i feel as elated as the first user.

I will say that I am stunned at the car/track selection as well as weather. I was never a big fan of "must have weather", but after experiencing it along with day/night cycles it is amazing. The immersion is so much greater.

The real failure for PCars2 for me comes where it ended up just being in the middle. I don't think it appealed enough to the hard core sim crowd like myself who have expensive direct drive wheels and custom pedals and at the same time it was too serious to draw in enough of the Forza crowd who just want to slide cars around corners and have fun. I don't know that the sim racing market is really going to support a game that appeals to both unfortunately and looking at current sales numbers I don't think we'll see another PCars from SMS.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jezza819, sas5320

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    agree, we're heading back into sim racing Dark Ages I think. Like that decade long drought that ended with pc1 and ac back in 2015. Plus the overall disinterest of cars in general, just read about Ferrari electric car. Like when the dinosaurs looked up at the fiery meteor across the sky.

Platform
    PS4
    Well I came from GT6 playing on the PS3. I enjoyed playing GT6 but the livery and interior was so bland. I migrated to Pcars1 and wow was I blown away with the difference. It was like chalk and cheese. I loved everything about it from the quality of the visuals to the gameplay and the bells and whistles. Long and short of it I was hooked. For some strange reason additionally some time after the PS3 button on the wheel became loose (G29) and refused to register to play GT6 so I taped down the button for PS4 mode and continued playing Pcars. I was having so much fun I didn't miss GT6 nor really cared to go back.

It was about 2 months or so before Pcars 2 was officially supposed to launch I bought a new PS4 console 'specially for it. The launch was supposed to be in November of that year. Well that didn't happen for whatever reason but I still had my PS4 console for whenever the game was launched, waiting patiently. In the meantime it was Pcars1 all the way.

Well the time finally arrived some months after Pcars 2 was finally released. I pre-ordered of course. Man again was I blown away. I even liked Pcars 2 more. The liveries OMG was freaking mind-blowing, the quality of the graphics I just couldn't stop admiring pre-race and during race. And what an intro. I still let it play for a while before starting the game....Everytime I see it and hear the music it does something to me. I was in sim-racing heaven. I loved the way they categorised the various sections etc etc etc. I couldn't believe how they could make this game even better. I bought GTsport when it came out too, played a bit, but it just keeps on the side there generally as all I want to do is play Pcars 2. I can't tell you the last time I played GT though I update every time a patch is released for each game.

I really love Pcars 2 and I've been fortunate to find a lobby with a great bunch of guys I race with every Monday night. To me, the game just keeps getting better and better and is my go-to racing sim. Kudos to the developer Ian and team for all their hard work in making this game the best racing sim ever. I hope he's seeing this thread to give him some well deserved encouragement.
    Last edited by davidt33; 19-04-2018 at 22:26.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Cladandadum, John Hargreaves, Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith792 View Post
    The real failure for PCars2 for me comes where it ended up just being in the middle. I don't think it appealed enough to the hard core sim crowd like myself who have expensive direct drive wheels and custom pedals and at the same time it was too serious to draw in enough of the Forza crowd who just want to slide cars around corners and have fun. I don't know that the sim racing market is really going to support a game that appeals to both unfortunately and looking at current sales numbers I don't think we'll see another PCars from SMS.
    I think it's a good balance. I don't know about direct drive wheel performance but if your talking about immersion I think PC2 caters a lot to you guys.

PC2 just needs to get their multiplayer infrastructure together to make that killer app. Sim community lives on this together with mods and custom liveries. The single player and multiplayer are both struggling in this title, that's where it's stuck in the middle.
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/RX 480 8gb @ 1288/8gb 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10.
    The following user likes this Post: sas5320

Platform
    XBOX1 X

I would say I'm probably middle of the road or more towards the lower end of the scale as far as appeal. I kind of was thinking about this the other night because I was messing with the Group 5 BMW which is a car I loved in PC1 but is a nightmare for me in PC2 especially with a loose setup so I've just left it to the side and ignored it. But I thought let me try a stable setup because hey a stable setup fixes everything right? Ah, um not exactly. After about my 18th off track excursion I just quit and went back to things I knew how to drive. I've said before I absolutely hate tinkering. Tweak, test, tweak, test, etc. is just not in my nature which is probably why there is a ton of cars out there I don't drive because I think they will be frustrating to deal with.

But I would think that for players like yourself that are more hardcore as you say that there would be more than enough things to mess with to try and extract that last thousandth of a second or climb a leaderboard that is if you're concentrating in those areas.

But I also think you're correct that if it were more hardcore it certainly would turn off players like me that don't really have a desire to dive deep into areas but want something a little more than the Forza's can give.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I just got my last Forza 7 car pack with the season pass and was struck with a thought. I don’t much care. It is cool and all to have those cars, but I likely won’t ever drive all of them. As pretty as they are, Forza’s cars lack personality.

PC2 releases a car pack and I think to myself, “Time to get driving! Oh! This one’s different, dunno if I like it, may have to take it around the Green Death a few times and see if it grows on me! Then, I’ll move to the next car. Wonder if my new favorite car in the game is in this pack?”

There is a sense of ownership I get with each car in PC2 that Forza lacks in spite of having to earn enough to buy most cars in game.

There is a pride in owning PC2 on a console that every other racer currently lacks.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: HockeyNick30, John Hargreaves, Sum Dixon-Ear, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I don't think it appealed enough to the hard core sim crowd like myself who have expensive direct drive wheels and custom pedals and at the same time it was too serious to draw in enough of the Forza crowd who just want to slide cars around corners and have fun.
    What exactly is a "hardcore sim", in your opinion? For the last few years, a hardcore sim was a terribly unrealistic videogame with bouncy mechanical systems, and very poor simulation of tyres, and road surfaces, to the point of feeling like driving on ice, and being far more difficult than real life (like iRacing), while feeling nothing at all like driving a real car. I hope that's not what you're referring to. If, however, you're talking about the serious and competitive online environment that something like iRacing offers, then I can see your point. As far as physics goes though, none come close to Project Cars 2. Certainly not by my experience. Although RaceRoom Racing's not too bad.

Fore me, Project Cars 2 is an excellent simulator, and the most realistic by far, but there are certain things I'd like to see improved:

1) Some racing environments need to be enhanced. All the procedures which constitute certain racing classes and events should be adhered to and replicated in the sim.
    2) There needs to be an option to enable "realistic gravel traps".
    3) Cars which have anti-stall mechanisms in real life (like the Formula A) should have them in the sim.
    4) The career mode needs to be much improved. It's currently too bland. At least add cutscenes for podiums, qualifying, etc. Also, the crowds should react to on-track events.
    Last edited by Urban Chaos 2.0; Yesterday at 08:25.

Platform
    PC
    I try to be serious sometimes.
    When I was young I always wanted to be Senna. I grew up, life happened.
    Played some race games like GTR2 etc. Loved it. Still fond memories. The old Le Mans mods.

Then this rumour about Pcars1 began. People said that some people from the original GTR dev. team were making it.
    Okay that got my attention. Didn't know if it was true (can someone confirm?)

Saw some raw dev. videos on youtube. One scene got me hooked. Some guy driving an open wheeler. The realistic way the wheel suspension moved. Decided to prepare myself and bought a TM T500 with formula 1 wheel.
    Pcars 1 release. I took the old Lotus out for a ride, Ayrton Senna's 1986 Lotus 98T. Subscribed to this stupid forum.(easy, just kidding)
    Watkins Glen. All assists off. Raw power! (in SW Snoke's voice) The turbo kicked in. Goosebumps. Heart rate up. Good vibes.

2 years and 2 girlfriend later (still with the latter), a DD wheel, three screens, dedicated PC, 8 Basskickers, race seat, serious pedals, VR.
    NO REGRET.
    Thank you SMS.