Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best....game....ever!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Great post.

I absolutely adore this game and PUBG on the xbox one x, these are providing countless hours of pure entertainment.
    Yes there are some small bits and bobs to sort (for me some sounds, and I'd love 'hopper' servers) but yeah these guys are continuing to improve with patch updates/cars/tracks.
    I'd merrily buy them a few rounds
    The following 2 users likes this Post: banner77amc, Konan

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I came to pCARS1 without a "sim-racing" background, I'm a gamer first and foremost. OK, so I've played a LOT of driving games over the years, including quite a few of the sim titles but none of them ever really drew me in, making me believe I was driving a car. The one thing they all had in common was that I was having to learn how to drive in the sim/game, rather than taking my driving experience (including quite a few track days in my old 350hp Nissan which I owned for 12 years) and using that to drive in the game. pCARS1 was the first game that felt 'natural', the first one that felt like I was sat in the car, in control of the car, it doing what I was telling it to do. Was it perfect? No, but it didn't matter, it put a smile on my face where most other sim-titles just annoyed me. And so it is with pCARS2, a more refined, a more polished, a more natural still feeling of sitting in a car on a racetrack. The sum of all of its considerable parts are what keep me playing it rather than A. N. Other Sim, where all those other driving games frustrate me for all the things they can't/don't do. Most other sims seem to trade on a single thing that they do well (not perfectly, none of them do anything perfectly), whereas pCARS2 does everything it does so well that it's the one I spend the most time in.

I think what it comes down to is that pCARS1 and 2 allowed us to have fun in a sim-racer. You see, "fun" is a forbidden word in the sim-world, everything has to be taken very seriously. Is that a smile on your face? How dare you! Back to iRacing c.2011 for you young man, that will learn you to even dare to think about having fun in a sim. I've said it before, many a time, and I'll keep saying it. We all play games to get away from the real world, to unwind, to take our minds off the stresses of daily life, if only for a half-hour or so. For the majority of us, we want to spend that time driving, racing, getting the thrill of winning, nearly winning or just setting a new fastest lap. For me, pCARS2 succeeds in doing that. If I just want a quick visceral buzz, I'll don my VR headset, fire up TT, pick a car and just go for a blast around Bathurst. I'll take my headset off and my palms will be sweating, my heart will be racing, my hands will be shaking at the lap I just pulled off. That for me is what it's all about and no other driving sim has ever given me that same buzz. Until another game comes along that does, pCARS2 is where I'll be spending my time.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I think what it comes down to is that pCARS1 and 2 allowed us to have fun in a sim-racer.
    Not to mention pCARS 1 was the first sim on ps4 worthy of that name...(it was for me at least)
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: banner77amc, davidt33, ELAhrairah

Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Hang on mate, LMTT4U:

"Slightlymad Studios is a mediocre company, they are more worried in extracting money to the users with their DLCs than in solving the numerous bugs that it has, the clutch of embarrassment after so much time of launching the game and nothing that they solve. This is not a simulator it's just a mediocre game"

There you go, welcome to the forum

..or at least that's what Google says he said.
    Hey What Game out there doesn't have bugs, with people constantly complaining about, weather its another racing, shooter or role-playing game.
    Its just a game just enjoy it I do and a hell of a lot of other people do too.
    ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V Edition 10, Intel Core i7-6850K 3.60GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, Corsair AX1200 1200W, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Crucial 256GB SSD, Crucial 1TB SSD, Crucial 1TB SSD, ASUS GTX1080Ti STRIX OC 11GB GDDR5X, HP ZR30W 2560x1600, Win7 Pro (x64), Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer + Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 Alcantara Edition With Modded G25 Pedals , Logitech MX5500.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Not to mention pCARS 1 was the first sim on ps4 worthy of that name...(it was for me at least)
    Same on Xbox, we finally had an alternative to Forza, and that really opened a lot of peoples eyes to what a racing game could really deliver, it was a sudden realistaion that racing games weren't just about having the biggest car list and I say that as a lifelong Forza fan
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I am not good at writing long texts but I would like to contribute something to this wonderful thread. A simple thank you to Ian Bell and his whole team, since 2004 I am with you and I have never regretted it:

GTR -> GT Legends -> GTR2 -> NFS Shift -> Shift 2 Unleashed -> pCars1 -> pCars2...........
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara Edition // Rig: Playseat® Alcantara
    The following 8 users likes this Post: banner77amc, cluck, davidt33, ELAhrairah, FxUK, John Hargreaves, Konan, RobPhoboS

Platform
    PC
    BEST ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially the Rally X ,most fun ever in a sim for sure.
    PS4 T300RS BASE , FANATEC CLUBSPORT V3 ,TH8A ,FANATEC SHIFTER,TRAKRACER RS8
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Zaskarspants

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfzz View Post
    Hey What Game out there doesn't have bugs, with people constantly complaining about, weather its another racing, shooter or role-playing game.
    Its just a game just enjoy it I do and a hell of a lot of other people do too.
    None. Then some have few bugs, others have loads of bugs, then some fix the bugs, others not so much.

Not saying SMS don't fix bugs.
    To be honest, at this moment the features not working so well are more annoying then any bug ( like no prompt warning on exiting, the car management menu in the middle of the race, the penalty system............ )Maybe the pit limit speed in the middle of the race is the most annoying.

And the speed glitch that makes at least till now, a certain car much faster in the middle of the race.....in multiplayer also....
    Last edited by foxymop; 16-04-2018 at 11:08.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Aaaaand the mood is gone....
    *French accent*Listen to me carefully i shall say this only once :This is not a "bug thread"

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    To make it clear: any unrelated negatively tinted posts in this positively flavoured thread shall be removed from now on...
    Not removing the last one otherwise my utterly funny comment would be useless...
    Last edited by Konan; 16-04-2018 at 11:42.
    The following 10 users likes this Post: Cladandadum, davekojo, ELAhrairah, gregc, Kriig, McKiernan, MrTulip, Sum Dixon-Ear, Tank621, Zaskarspants