Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best....game....ever!

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sas5320 View Post
    Unfortunately there's not enough of guys like you, hard core couple thousand enthusiasts to make this a commercial success. They're gonna have to really reach the couch sim racer on gamepad with TV stereo speakers and not willing to visit vehicle setup menu for pc3.

And although the 2 audiences are not fully mutually exclusive, I bet more attention will go their way than "ours", meaning a lot more features they care about than usm. For example every line of code spent on Career is totally worthless to me. I bet there will more focus there next time.
    I am wondering, is it only a couple thousands, or maybe it's much more? Personally I cannot afford to buy most of the nice goodies you guys are talking about, but I would definitely be happily spending 100 euro or more per year to SMS in order to have more bug fixes and more sim-directed features. How many more people would be willing to do the same thing or more? The world is a big place, so I guess/hope/like to believe that there are a lot more than just a couple thousand, enough more to make it profitable for SMS.

Some will crucify me for saying this, but I think 60 euro for a game with the content and features of PCARS2 is very very low price. Especially for many of us who have already logged more than 500 hours since the game was released, or for others that have logged more than 1000...do the math how much racing in PC2 has cost us per hour...I know SMS has to make money to pay the bills and they will arrange their priorities accordingly, just thinking aloud that hopefully the volume of the sim racing community is actually enough to financially drive it so it gets further improved and still remain in the sim route.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, davekojo, ELAhrairah, Fight-Test, GrimeyDog, Invincible, poirqc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by WellRED Barron View Post
    If they wanted to make Forza, they would have made Forza. That was never the mission of this project.
    If even they had 50% sales of Forza7 we would be having much healthier discussions and conversations here. Right now everyone here even wondering will there be a pc3 (and when support will be financially not possible for pc2)

And I think also 60 euro too cheap for this many features and content (assuming no or very low bugs of course!)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Good thread! Now given that the disrespect towards the devs team had reached unreal heights especially after release of the Porsche legends pack it's nice to see some more of the silent majority.
    I'm finding myself driving more often off track and crashing lately because I can't stop staring at the vibrating hood and the 'dancing' wiper in the wind (I notice it most when driving the Merc AMG). The attention to detail is really fantastic. The devs should know that besides a few really ugly, disrespecting and stupid comments there's a lot of people who really appreciate your hard work.
    The vibrating hood thing wowed me back in PC1 but it's funny you bring up the 'dancing' wiper because I also find myself staring at it a lot during a race. Usually it's on a Ginetta because I guess they fit so poorly on the real car it's able to move around like that. But I also notice things like that tube or whatever it is coming out of the dashboard on the Porsche GTE moving when you go over bumps or how the castle at Nurburgring GP is lit up when you do a night race. It's things like that that make me appreciate how many countless hours went into developing all of that detail.

Now that patch 5 fixed our Fanatec wheel problem and the AI has been more balanced, the game is really a lot of fun to play.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following 6 users likes this Post: davekojo, Maskmagog, poirqc, rich1e I, Sum Dixon-Ear, Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by sas5320 View Post
    If even they had 50% sales of Forza7 we would be having much healthier discussions and conversations here. Right now everyone here even wondering will there be a pc3 (and when support will be financially not possible for pc2)

And I think also 60 euro too cheap for this many features and content (assuming no or very low bugs of course!)
    You can always pay them more...

Sim racing will likely never be as popular as arcade racing on consoles. Both Project CARS titles have turned a profit so far, and more games are in the works. Ian once said he expects by PC4, the series will hold its own with the bigger names. We all want this to succeed but it takes a while to build a successful franchise and get the word out.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fiyah, Invincible, YourMechanic

Platform
    PC
    Both Project CARS titles have turned a profit so far
    I'm not so sure about that unfortunately. While I'd like to see PC2 selling double the amount of PC1, I fear the opposite might be true. Which sucks tbh.
    I just hope pc2 still was a financial success, and big enough to make PC3 possible.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, FxUK, Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I really can’t see how it would fail to make a profit, but from the limited data available, I can certainly admit it is possible.

That said, the success of PC1 surprised everyone. That is a high bar to meet again with so much competition this time around.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Platform
    PC
    I really can’t see how it would fail to make a profit, but from the limited data available, I can certainly admit it is possible.

That said, the success of PC1 surprised everyone. That is a high bar to meet again with so much competition this time around.
    Ian stated in his interview with SpotTheOzzie that they'll need 800.000 shipped copies to break even. I'm not sure if they met this target. Why? With PC1 there were public notifications about the 1 million and 2 million tresholds. For PC2 there weren't any so far, which really discomforts me.
    Last edited by Invincible; 17-04-2018 at 09:43.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    It's easy to forget just how brave SMS were with PC1, and how much of a chance they took in 2011. Before PC1, nobody believed that a proper sim would do any business on console, yet it turned out to be the opposite, and Assetto Corsa soon jumped on the bandwagon when they saw SMS judged it right. Gamers are knocking on a bit these days; there are many adult gamers with a longer attention span and an appreciation of fine detail than the average 13yr old. It's interesting that none of the top flight sims have made the leap yet onto console either, maybe that is something that might be some way in the future, but I'd be up for having a go at DCS World or X-Plane on the PS4.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: davekojo, ELAhrairah

Platform
    PC
    I would love to see PCars2 as a perminent base game for the next 5 years and every quarter of the year a DLC package with 20 cars and 1 circuit each time. I'll gladly pay 50€ for a 1 year seasonpass and the 80 new cars and 4 circuits or 30€ for just 1 DLC of choice.
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 17-04-2018 at 11:33.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    It's easy to forget just how brave SMS were with PC1, and how much of a chance they took in 2011. Before PC1, nobody believed that a proper sim would do any business on console, yet it turned out to be the opposite, and Assetto Corsa soon jumped on the bandwagon when they saw SMS judged it right. Gamers are knocking on a bit these days; there are many adult gamers with a longer attention span and an appreciation of fine detail than the average 13yr old. It's interesting that none of the top flight sims have made the leap yet onto console either, maybe that is something that might be some way in the future, but I'd be up for having a go at DCS World or X-Plane on the PS4.
    Indeed. I honestly believe the majority of ps4 and xbx players are 25+ and it's the dad in the family who chiefly buy them.

They haven't been children/tween toys since the ps1, remember the kids who played gt1 on that are almost 40 now, and they want more.

And when their lives stabilise a bit, their kids grow a little more self sufficient they get the time and a little cash to perhaps consider moving to pc if they still want a little more.

Console players are in general the same people on pc, certainly no less capable or less interested.
    In general the difference lies in economy, not just money but also time they are able to invest.

I certainly wouldn't think any less of a fellow simmer because he chooses to spend a weekend with his wife and kids rather than tweaking a pc setup.

Nay. You well balanced console simmers.
    I salute thee.
    Last edited by TorTorden; 17-04-2018 at 12:43.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, John Hargreaves, Konan, McKiernan, poirqc