Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Little help dialing out my wheel shake... Logitech G920

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post

A lot less wobble. A lot stronger shake.
    Okay. I tested this today and I have a similiar but no where near as aggressive shake. The road feedback does feel unnatural on the straights but it isn’t as bad as what you are experiencing. I think the only way to solve this is allow us to save force feedback settings per car and then spend time finding the right settings for each car. The settings I asked you to try where set for the Aston Martin GT4 (my current career). Might be worth trying the Aston and seeing if you have the same aggressive shaking. I am trying to think if there is a overall force setting somewhere either in game or within the Logitech software that updates the firmware. Would that save for the Xbox though?
    Last edited by Major Epidemic; 16-04-2018 at 16:24.

Platform
    XBOX1
    @grrrillapmp
    I tried turning FX down to 0 and that seemed to help the most. I still found variations in different race/track/car combinations though. Mostly, the shake is gone, but I've mapped Volume and Tone to my pad buttons on the left side of the G920. I think I generally have tone at 100 and then I adjust Volume on a per-race basis. (it could be the other way around though) I've noticed some situations where the feedback and wheel weight is really light. Then others where it's really intense. For instance, I tried the McLaren P1 this weekend and it was insanely intense. I had to crank it down as the wheel was absolutely out of control. The car was actually rotating to the left on screen when the lights went green! I have no idea what was happening. I can't drive the P1 anyway though, sadly. But I'd suggest mapping some of those settings to your wheel so you can adjust them during each race as-needed. I believe the settings don't save if you do it this way. So for each race, they should go back to whatever you've set in the main menu. Hope you get it figured out!

I've been having trouble in general since the 1.5 patch. I finally had my first good race yesterday in the Ford GTLM once I got the settings decently dialed in. I think my problem is that there are just too many parameters and options for the setup in this game!! I just want a decent setup that I can enjoy and adjust to so I can drive. I hate having to spend so much time in the menus and trying to get each car working right. I just want to drive in the time that I have.
    xbox one G920+shifter Buttkicker Gamer 2 RS Dash Ikea Pong chair
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigO View Post
    I just want to drive in the time that I have.

^ That part.

But I also really don't want my wheel to break.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bluesky0870, CraigO, JoakimBL

Platform
    XBOX1
    Totally. I've had so much trouble since 1.5. I don't really know how to tune a car well, and I don't really want to spend my time doing it. But when I spin out in any 2nd gear turn in most cars, I've got to try tuning.
    The Super/Hyper cars have been practically undrivable for me since I got the game. I just don't know how to control them. It's like if I apply more than 20% throttle even in a straight line the car swings wildly from side to side in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th! I've tried my usual style with no assists on, and I've also tried turning it to Authentic. But I still get crazy wheel spin. In a car like the P1 I have to tip-toe around the track, usually a mile or so behind the pack. What's the point?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Totally. I've had so much trouble since 1.5. I don't really know how to tune a car well, and I don't really want to spend my time doing it. But when I spin out in any 2nd gear turn in most cars, I've got to try tuning.
    The Super/Hyper cars have been practically undrivable for me since I got the game. I just don't know how to control them. It's like if I apply more than 20% throttle even in a straight line the car swings wildly from side to side in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th! I've tried my usual style with no assists on, and I've also tried turning it to Authentic. But I still get crazy wheel spin. In a car like the P1 I have to tip-toe around the track, usually a mile or so behind the pack. What's the point?
    I can race the AI at 100 after starting on game release at about 40.
    Only now do I feel able to drive the hypercars with confidence and I am still not able to beat the AI at 100 as I can in several other classes of car.

I also need to use the authentic aids to have much fun and even then I find I still need to be very gentle on the throttle. Given the power and mass of these cars I suspect this mirrors driving them in real life. I don't think it is you, it is just the way these cars are by their nature, massive power and mass.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following 3 users likes this Post: CraigO, hkraft300, Mowzer

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks, Zaskarspants. I'll keep trying! I think I also struggle because when I start out in a car and I'm just not feeling it, I'll usually switch to something else so I don't waste the hour or two that I have frustrating myself! GT3/GTE is probably my first love in the game. Even there I've been struggling since 1.5. But I'll keep dialing it in while working on my driving too.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thanks, Zaskarspants. I'll keep trying! I think I also struggle because when I start out in a car and I'm just not feeling it, I'll usually switch to something else so I don't waste the hour or two that I have frustrating myself! GT3/GTE is probably my first love in the game. Even there I've been struggling since 1.5. But I'll keep dialing it in while working on my driving too.
    I find the car handling improved since patch 5. For me pcars2 has great control at the edge and each patch has made that aspect of the game better.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    Good to know. I think my main struggle right now is trying to balance all of the options. Between general game options, ffb and wheel options, individual car options, and potential discrepancies based on number-of-car bugs, there are just too many ways for me to throw things completely out of whack. :-)

I hope grrrillapmp can get his wheel sorted out too!
    The following user likes this Post: Twang

Platform
    XBOX1
    I have to admit since patch 5 My G920 is shaking much more than it was before .
    Don't go to men who are willing to kill themselves driving in circles looking for normality.
    James Hunt
    Xbox Live GT Mowzer 75

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Good to know. I think my main struggle right now is trying to balance all of the options. Between general game options, ffb and wheel options, individual car options, and potential discrepancies based on number-of-car bugs, there are just too many ways for me to throw things completely out of whack. :-)

I hope grrrillapmp can get his wheel sorted out too!
    I'm trying to stay positive, but the fact that I have to do any of this when I'm sure there are people who were paid to do it is infuriating me.

I just wanna race.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: CraigO, JoakimBL, Twang