Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Little help dialing out my wheel shake... Logitech G920

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    I never run any assists so this isn't the case for me but it's an interesting find nonetheless.
    I think I spoke too soon or something else happened after I was able to reproduce the shaking. See this thread for description on what else I found so I do not have to type if again twice.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...tec-FFB/page14
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post

Need help getting my wheel to stop shaking and wobbling.

Any help is appreciated.

Wobble starts at :20
    Shaking starts at :23

Then they happen intermittently during the laps.

Don't mind my driving, I'm terrible.
    I have the same problem but probably even worse. Mine shakes the whole time I'm driving in a straight line and only stops in the corners. It's so bad that it still shakes with the Gain turned down to 2. I increase the Volume to 100 but the wheel is extremely light and difficult to control the car, however there is no shake using my normal settings in Private Testing mode.
    I sometimes wonder if my G920 is completely different to everyone else's as I've tried lots of different settings that have been suggested and without fail they have all been dreadful and caused lots of shake and vibrations. I don't understand how so many people run settings with such high Gain as I struggle to turn the wheel, I get masses of clipping and the wheel is constantly pulling from side to side. My settings are: 20, 60, 50, 8 and I am still getting a bit of side to side pulling on the wheel.
    I also cannot get on with 900 degrees rotation as it feels like I'm driving a bus so I set it to 240 or 360 but I sometimes suffer with big over steer moments with some cars in corners and I'm unable to get rid of it

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyAndy1962 View Post
    .... I don't understand how so many people run settings with such high Gain as I struggle to turn the wheel, I get masses of clipping and the wheel is constantly pulling from side to side. My settings are: 20, 60, 50, 8 and I am still getting a bit of side to side pulling on the wheel.
    Xb1 has an ffb problem when there are too many cars on track (MP and/or AI) and the cpu is overloaded. Have you tried a quick race with <15 AI on a dry track?

Also 60 volume is generally too high and on the telemetry screen it will register some clipping. You could try my settings with -10 for gain and volume.

I also cannot get on with 900 degrees rotation as it feels like I'm driving a bus so I set it to 240 or 360 but I sometimes suffer with big over steer moments with some cars in corners and I'm unable to get rid of it
    The correct way is to set the rotation to 900 (or max for your wheel) then adjust steering ratio in car setup. I run 12:1 across all cars. This gives consistent behaviour of steering and ffb.

That said: most cars will oversteer if you throttle or trail brake too much. Some cars have a really tight diff and brake bias too far rear on default loose setup and they oversteer easy. Does it oversteer on entry/mid/exit? all are different symptoms with different solutions, none of which are ffb-related.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 10-06-2018 at 12:06.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you set a lower dor when setting up the wheel you will screw up ffb and car handling.

It MUST be set to the max of the wheel, and that is also much more straightforward.

DO NOT F*** WITH MAX DOR. ( yes, it's that important)

Do as suggested above, adjust steering ratios in set up.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have the same problem but probably even worse. Mine shakes the whole time I'm driving in a straight line and only stops in the corners. It's so bad that it still shakes with the Gain turned down to 2. I increase the Volume to 100 but the wheel is extremely light and difficult to control the car, however there is no shake using my normal settings in Private Testing mode.
    I sometimes wonder if my G920 is completely different to everyone else's as I've tried lots of different settings that have been suggested and without fail they have all been dreadful and caused lots of shake and vibrations. I don't understand how so many people run settings with such high Gain as I struggle to turn the wheel, I get masses of clipping and the wheel is constantly pulling from side to side. My settings are: 20, 60, 50, 8 and I am still getting a bit of side to side pulling on the wheel.
    It sounds like you may be calibrating the wheel incorrectly in the game calibration screen.

When you set your wheel to 900 DOR. Please explain your process for wheel calibration in game.....

The correct process would be. Turn the wheel left or right until you reach 100, hit the next button. Then it will want you to turn the wheel 90 degrees left or right. Center the wheel. go 90 degrees left or right. When you are at 90 degrees the screen should show 900. That is 90 degrees.

Also like mentioned. You should be on MAX DOR and set steering ratio PER car. This makes life much easier.

Lastly, do you get these shakes in all cars, tracks scenarios? All game modes? If not, when do you get the shakes, what cars, how many AI etc?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mowzer, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Thanks for the help. I was calibrating the wheel correctly when setting it to 900 DOR and I had tried adjusting the steering ratio, but not as much as you suggest. I recalibrated my wheel to 900, changed the steering ratio to what you suggest and found some new FFB settings. I was pleasantly surprised at the difference it made and I felt far more in control of the car than I ever have before. I've always struggled to go through the sweeping bends at the back of the Red Bull Ring but with the new settings I was able to go much faster, be in control and improve my lap times considerably and managed to finish 3rd in my first online race after trying your suggestions so thanks once again.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Sankyo, ShneebnaMRR108, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've noticed the crazy shaking that I had on certain cars and tracks (that started with 1.5!!!) is gone now in 1.6
    Everything feels better to me. I would get uncontrollable rattling and swaying from side to side when starting out, usually in 1st gear and also in 2nd. If I stopped later in the race, dead stop on track, then did a hard start as if it was the beginning of the race all those problems were gone. Also, it wasn't every car. I even had an issue where certain cars would rotate while sitting on the grid at the start lights!! It was like my car was on a dolly and was being slowly rotated to the left. Crazy.
    However, the cars that had that problem are fine now with patch 1.6, I'm glad to say!
    xbox one G920+shifter Buttkicker Gamer 2 RS Dash Ikea Pong chair