Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Little help dialing out my wheel shake... Logitech G920

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I decided for myself to give up here on the forum after spending the whole night writing about broken things that shouldn't be worth to stay awake. Also I am no longer interested in people who have to behave like being retarded.

Thanks to the mods for their patience and for some good discussions. As said, you are really in a position that Isn't enviable.

Is there a way to delete the account on my own? If not, can a mod be so kind and delete it?
    Last edited by bluesky0870; 02-05-2018 at 12:06.
    GT the same as my username
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post
    Are you guys really that remedial?

I wasn't holding the wheel so people watching can see what it was doing. How does holding it tight help me show the shake and wobble thru a video? Can you feel what I feel thru a video? I refuse to believe you guys are that slow. You gotta be trolling, right...right?

I mean you gotta be, your not even on Xbox.
    Not trolling, but anyway......

How many AI are on the track when the shaking happens?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Not trolling, but anyway......

How many AI are on the track when the shaking happens?
    You're lying juiced. You're just a troll.
    They haven't checked or tested either of your or my solutions but categorically dismiss them.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Juiced46, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'm not on a G920 used but did have the violent wheel shake issue with my TX wheel. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread reducing the Fx setting cured this for me. Anything above about 25-30 brings it back.

However, the problem I have now noticed is that as the tyres start to wear I get really horrible shaking down any decent length straights. Not sure if this is meant to somehow show the effects of the tyres wearing but it's really tough to control and I'm not sure very realistic. I'll post a separate thread on it If I can't find one already started.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    I'm not on a G920 used but did have the violent wheel shake issue with my TX wheel. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread reducing the Fx setting cured this for me. Anything above about 25-30 brings it back.

However, the problem I have now noticed is that as the tyres start to wear I get really horrible shaking down any decent length straights. Not sure if this is meant to somehow show the effects of the tyres wearing but it's really tough to control and I'm not sure very realistic. I'll post a separate thread on it If I can't find one already started.
    Flat spot?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Also to grlllapimp. Have you made sure you have the latest firmware installed on your wheel? What is the DOR set to on the wheel and what sensitivity? Have you tried other flavors like RAW or immersive?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think what may be happening at times is a ' pilot induced oscillation '.

They are usually spoken about in connection with aircraft and can cause crashes. They cause a cascade of overreactions as corrections are applied and are made worse by too strong feedback, too weak feedback, and too much latency.

I have just been racing the BAC mono, this car has very strong feedback and I was over correcting and getting oscillations untill I turned the volume down to 40, then much better.

As for latency, if you are buying a telly get a low latency one, and make sure the tv you are using is switched to game mode. I appreciate most will already do this but it is worth mentioning as it is so important.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot-induced_oscillation
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Flat spot?
    I don't want to hijack this thread but just responding to this here before taking it to a more relevant thread.

I don't think it's flat spots.. It tends to come no matter how careful I am on the tyres. I've hammered them and get the shaking about the same time as if I am really careful with them. I'm assuming it's meant to be some kind of representation of tyre wear but it just seems a bit excessive and can really shake you into the the wall.

I'm going to do further testing of over the coming days.
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 06-05-2018 at 15:26.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    So I just posted this in the Fantec thread since one of the users there had a shaking problem. After spending some time trying to reproduce it, I was able to get it to happen with my Fanatec wheel. You guys with TXs and G920s report back if any of the below applies to you.....

"I tried everything imaginable and could not get the shaking to happen. I then went to the Gameplay settings menu turned ON Steering assist, Turned ON opposite lock, then changed assists for TC, Stability and ABS to On/low. When I turned these on, I got SEVERE shaking in the wheel right in the pits instantly. Are you running any of the above settings ON that I mentioned? If so turn them Off. Steering and Opposite lock assist to OFF. Turn Assists to "authentic".

Once I figured this out, I reverted back to my original settings that were working previously. The shaking was still present. I hard reset the Xbox, still present. I had to delete my saved car setup (write your values down first) delete it. Then in the vehicle setup menu, click "Reset to default settings" This made the shaking go away after reverting back. It seems like its implementing a bug into the car setup after this happens. I have 100% confirmed this multiple times and fixed this by doing so..."
    Last edited by Juiced46; 06-05-2018 at 18:27.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I never run any assists so this isn't the case for me but it's an interesting find nonetheless.