Thread: Ford copri at road America wet

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Ford copri at road America wet

Hi. I'm doing the rennsport revival us championship. The issues I'm having is I go and start the parade lap at 75 mph then pass the lights and put my foot down all is good then in the few turns the boost catches me out. So I start again and turn off penaltys do the parade lap again but this time at full racing speed and same thing happens. I tried to turn down the boost but it makes me even slower. I haven't done anything different from the parade lap to the actual race please help.

Platform
    XBOX1
    The Zakspeed Capri is a handfull at the best of times mate are you using any assists? Maybe try using traction control or learn how to apply the throttle more progressive .
    Don't go to men who are willing to kill themselves driving in circles looking for normality.
    James Hunt
    Xbox Live GT Mowzer 75

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Think I'm aquaplaning don't think it's the boost after all I turned down the ai and the aggression as I had to turn the boost down to 50 % and still was losing the back end

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, I'm having the same problem with the Zakspeed. It is nearly undrivable in the wet.
    Even when test drinving it has really zero grip at all when the road gets wet.
    The AI drivers seem to have no problem with the conditions and drive 2:15 turns. I cannot drive faster then 2:27 with the zakspeed when road america gets wet ...
    I tried both default setups and even tried to tune myself. But nothing seems to help.

Sure, the Zakspeed is really twitchy on the rear, even in dry conditions. But in wet conditions it is just understeer into the turns and oversteer after the turns. Sometimes even, when I short shift really rapidly and apply the throttle very gently.
    Relly like driving on soap ...

I think I will cancel the career for now :-(. That's no fun at all.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by BD992000 View Post
    Hi, I'm having the same problem with the Zakspeed. It is nearly undrivable in the wet.
    Even when test drinving it has really zero grip at all when the road gets wet.
    The AI drivers seem to have no problem with the conditions and drive 2:15 turns. I cannot drive faster then 2:27 with the zakspeed when road america gets wet ...
    I tried both default setups and even tried to tune myself. But nothing seems to help.

Sure, the Zakspeed is really twitchy on the rear, even in dry conditions. But in wet conditions it is just understeer into the turns and oversteer after the turns. Sometimes even, when I short shift really rapidly and apply the throttle very gently.
    Relly like driving on soap ...

I think I will cancel the career for now :-(. That's no fun at all.
    I started driving in the rain with determination a couple of weeks ago and I found all the tales of ice and soap impossible puddles to be somewhat exaggerated. For the most part I have been driving the slower cars in the wet but I find I am faster compared to the AI than I am in the dry.

Having said that the car you mention has a very whippy back end that loves to be at the front and I imagine that in rain that car will be a real handfull. I will have a go later and see if I can tame it and offer any advice.

Try increasing df to max, 10% more pressure in tyres, ignore the temps I don't think it matters in the rain, many corners one gear lower, avoid trail braking and go for a racing line that is much more in the middle of the road. I don't touch diffs or suspension yet. Stick with default stable if loose to er loose.

No need to quit just lower the AI difficulty, this can be adjusted on the fly as you progress.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,
    thanks for your answer and the advice.
    But I tried most of this already.
    Even activating driving assists didn't really help. The car was less slidy but still not very pleasant to drive. And the AI in the same car just is not affected by the wet road at all. They take the corners at full speed when I have to go very slow and their acceleration is just insane compared to what I can get even with driving assists activated.
    In dry conditions I can go their speed but not in the rain.

On Sonoma Raceway I was able to get Pole or second place. But I have another Problem there. The AI seems to go Rambo there. I am always pushed into the walls right after the Start. No Chance to react. Afterwards (after getting back into the race) threy are quite agressive and always push me off road.

I'm coming to the conclusion that this career class is really buggy and not much fun to play.
    The classes I drove before did not have these problems.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by BD992000 View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for your answer and the advice.
    But I tried most of this already.
    Even activating driving assists didn't really help. The car was less slidy but still not very pleasant to drive. And the AI in the same car just is not affected by the wet road at all. They take the corners at full speed when I have to go very slow and their acceleration is just insane compared to what I can get even with driving assists activated.
    In dry conditions I can go their speed but not in the rain.

On Sonoma Raceway I was able to get Pole or second place. But I have another Problem there. The AI seems to go Rambo there. I am always pushed into the walls right after the Start. No Chance to react. Afterwards (after getting back into the race) threy are quite agressive and always push me off road.

I'm coming to the conclusion that this career class is really buggy and not much fun to play.
    The classes I drove before did not have these problems.
    Yes, this car is very challenging in all conditions and iirc is listed as a three on the how hard to drive rating.

I usually race the classes I am skilled at at 100 - 120/100 AI wet or dry but not with that Capri. First I tried racing in the dry at that circuit. I have near 500 hours in pcars2 but I had to lower my difficulty to 80 to run with the pack. I raced that car briefly on launch and found it a handful and my opinion has not changed.

I think what you have discovered is that it is indeed a demon in the wet. In the dry it can spin the rears in gears one and two but in the wet it is spins in 1,2,3 and 4. I found it very challenging. After more racing I found increased rear df ( only that adjustment ) does not help but just makes the front too light and likely to not turn in, so I tried moving weight balance all to the front instead. The car also seemed best with normally inflated tyres. A stiffer diff may help traction but I don't do dif adjustments yet.

After some practice I was just able to keep with the back of the pack at 80/100 AI, this was with light rain. I found in a thunder storm I had to lower diff to 60.

It does seem cruel to have this car with rain in career ( i don't play career) as it is very difficult. I only started rain driving with determination about two weeks ago.

My suggestion is to lower the AI and race length to reach the next race.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Rain driving is less scary post p6 with this car.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Sounds good. I'll give it a try.
    Thanks for the information!
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants