Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Time Attack setups

Platform
    PC
    This is the world time attack, I'm placed in USA (Masters). Thanks for the response, greatly appreciate it. I haven't tried at the Nurburgring as yet. Not sure if I will get time to before it ends.
    Damian Hall
    WMD2 Member [Gold]

|||| Alienware Alpha Console (modified) ||||

Intel® Core™ i5-4690 K
    Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 (External GPU) (external using EXP GDC 8.0 Dock) // NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU 2GB GDDR5 (internal)
    24GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
    Oculus Rift
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    XBOX ONE (gamertag - Copper Piston) - Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter, Turtle Beach XO Four headset, Play Seat, Antec Cooling system, Collective Minds Custom HDD enclosure (Xbox One) & PROJECT CARS limited edition. Project Cars 2 Deluxe Edition
    ----
    Steam (gamertag - [AFR] Copper Piston)
    ----
    PS4 PRO (gamertag - Dameyonx)
    ----
    Oculus Rift (gamertag - Dameyon)

"That is all"

Platform
    PC
    Ok, I can find 2 USA Masters. The open one is with the Ford GTE at Spa. The few showing Custom makes me think it is a glitch even though the driver currently in 1st shows custom. The other USA Masters(closed) was with the Ferrari F50 at Hockenheim National and the frequency of runs labeled custom is so small I think these too are just glitches.

The fast guys in TT haven't run the World Time Attack challenge yet, it's open until the end of the month. If they do expect the lead times to be reduced over a second and a half to the low 2:12's.

I take it back about the custom setups, I checked the 488 Challenge and they are almost all custom setups so I know nothing, or less. I found more with customs. The problem is so many events are already finished with no entries I just had not checked in enough places, sorry.

I guess in the Time Attack you are supposed to run by "Regions"? If this excludes people to their own region than maybe the USA times are safe. The EU guys are already in the 2:11s.

Oh well, the USA group drivers are at least not the slowest of the regions. I have an additional excuse to add to my bag of excuses now, I am not that fast because I am from a slow region.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 08-05-2018 at 01:10.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: Dameyon

I´m not sure, but I think if you change any of the default setups (Stable or loose) and save with the same name, than in time trial or even in the challenge, you will use the one that you used the last time.
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - 2x GTX980 (1477MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Ok, I can find 2 USA Masters. The open one is with the Ford GTE at Spa. The few showing Custom makes me think it is a glitch even though the driver currently in 1st shows custom. The other USA Masters(closed) was with the Ferrari F50 at Hockenheim National and the frequency of runs labeled custom is so small I think these too are just glitches.

The fast guys in TT haven't run the World Time Attack challenge yet, it's open until the end of the month. If they do expect the lead times to be reduced over a second and a half to the low 2:12's.

I take it back about the custom setups, I checked the 488 Challenge and they are almost all custom setups so I know nothing, or less. I found more with customs. The problem is so many events are already finished with no entries I just had not checked in enough places, sorry.

I guess in the Time Attack you are supposed to run by "Regions"? If this excludes people to their own region than maybe the USA times are safe. The EU guys are already in the 2:11s.

Oh well, the USA group drivers are at least not the slowest of the regions. I have an additional excuse to add to my bag of excuses now, I am not that fast because I am from a slow region.
    Lol Copper Piston is actually me if you check my footnotes I have all my gamer tags for all my systems there lol. Thanks for trying to look into it and help me figure this out. I reached out to the staff who told me it's actually something they know about but it doesn't affect anything, the cars are still using default setups. They didn't give an explanation why it occurs and I didn't ask although I am a bit curious.
    Relative to the EU West guys' times....WOW lolol this is something I have noticed as well lol..I have to go back at it but so far when I tried I am in the 2:13s...they're really quick I would be interested to know what equipment they use especially pedals but I for sure observed a lot of them use external view i'm not sure if they use it all the time or just to acclimatize to a track but I have seen a mixture but the fastest are usually external and I can see how seeing more would slow things down for an individual making them quicker. Over all it's using what is available to you to the best of your ability and putting in some meaningful practice. I find what helps me is watching track guides, real world laps of the track.
    Damian Hall
    WMD2 Member [Gold]

|||| Alienware Alpha Console (modified) ||||

Intel® Core™ i5-4690 K
    Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 (External GPU) (external using EXP GDC 8.0 Dock) // NVIDIA® GeForce® GPU 2GB GDDR5 (internal)
    24GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
    Oculus Rift
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    XBOX ONE (gamertag - Copper Piston) - Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter, Turtle Beach XO Four headset, Play Seat, Antec Cooling system, Collective Minds Custom HDD enclosure (Xbox One) & PROJECT CARS limited edition. Project Cars 2 Deluxe Edition
    ----
    Steam (gamertag - [AFR] Copper Piston)
    ----
    PS4 PRO (gamertag - Dameyonx)
    ----
    Oculus Rift (gamertag - Dameyon)

"That is all"

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameyon View Post
    Lol Copper Piston is actually me if you check my footnotes I have all my gamer tags for all my systems there lol. Thanks for trying to look into it and help me figure this out. I reached out to the staff who told me it's actually something they know about but it doesn't affect anything, the cars are still using default setups. They didn't give an explanation why it occurs and I didn't ask although I am a bit curious.
    Relative to the EU West guys' times....WOW lolol this is something I have noticed as well lol..I have to go back at it but so far when I tried I am in the 2:13s...they're really quick I would be interested to know what equipment they use especially pedals but I for sure observed a lot of them use external view i'm not sure if they use it all the time or just to acclimatize to a track but I have seen a mixture but the fastest are usually external and I can see how seeing more would slow things down for an individual making them quicker. Over all it's using what is available to you to the best of your ability and putting in some meaningful practice. I find what helps me is watching track guides, real world laps of the track.
    Ok, well thanks for confirming it is just a glitch, I thought I was about to go crazy.

Well, I know an aussie player who complains about their lousy internet provider(I think they have a choice of one) and the US has notoriously poor internet capability so that might have something to do with the USA being slower than EU so I can make that addition to my excuse bag as well.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.