Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 LMP1 cars will be faster than the 2014 LMP1 at PCars2 ?

Platform
    PC

Question The 2016 LMP1 cars will be faster than the 2014 LMP1 at PCars2 ?

Greetings to all, I ask this question because last night I could observe in the Time Trial Mode how some lap records in some tracks that were already unreachable by themselves were broken and by a margin much greater than what already existed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180418022441_1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	253263

Personally I don't complain that the Toyota TS040 LMP1 in the game has proved to be much faster than its real counterpart, with a GAP of 14 seconds at 24h LeMans track. But what I do want to express is my concern regarding the question of whether the 3 new 2016 LMP1 cars that will come in the LeMans pack (according to rumors) will have a similar or superior performance to the Toyota TS040 LMP1 currently available in the game . More than anything with an emphasis on the Toyota TS050 which is the direct successor of the Toyota TS040 and as we know in the 24 hours of LeMans 2017 beat the track record of LeMans.

As I suggested earlier, let's hope that the performance of the TS050 in the game is at least similar to the TS040, since, in case its performance is otherwise inferior, there could be more than one complaint about this. On the other hand, the pure performance would have to be judged on a single lap, considering that many players in the online multiplayer prefer to participate in short races (less than 5-10 laps), since in the case of long races it will be possible to notice better the difference in performance and its advantages and disadvantages, for example: "The new car to 1 lap would be slower than the previous one but instead has less tire wear and lower fuel consumption and higher top speed on the straights."

Other factors will also have to be considered, such as the fact that fortunately the cars in the game don't have the BoP that the FIA and ACO usually apply depending on the car and the track. In the case of LeMans I understand that the LMP1-H reduce their power from 1000 hp to 900 hp, which partly explains why the TS040 has managed to be 14 seconds faster than its real counterpart, although it also has that add other factors that are within the game such as: Optimal conditions of ambient temperature and track, no tire wear, no fuel consumption, the use of more comfortable views (the view inside the closed cockpit is uncomfortable), and most importantly: Driving 100% to the limit without fear of dying in case of suffering an accident for taking the car beyond its limits.

Another question that has to be added to the issue of the performance of the new LMP1 cars would be if the functioning of the KERS system in those 2016 cars will be the same as in real life (controlled with a button)? or will it continue to be the same one used in the current 2014 LMP1 present in the game (when pressing the throttle pedal more than 90%)? Because it is very clear that if in the current 2014 LMP1 cars present in the game the player could control the use of the KERS by means of a button, it's very likely that the TS040 could lower the lap time in LeMans up to about 2 seconds more (3:05) because there would be no need to lift the foot of the throttle pedal in some sections of the track to avoid consuming the KERS in undesirable areas (such as the "Eses" between Dunlop chicane and Tertre Rouge curve, and the small straight between Indianapolis and Arnage).

Platform
    PC
    IRL the LMP1 cars have a maximum fuel AND hybrid use per lap allowed at Le Mans. In-game only the amount of hybrid power is limited on a per-lap basis so it makes sense for the lap times to be much much faster in pc2 than real life.

The same will be for the new cars I assume.

However, If a driver wants to match the real-life stint lengths of 12-14 laps, some fuel saving will need to be used and lap times in-game will be pretty close to those from the real LM24.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following 3 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, hkraft300, Reiche

Platform
    XBOX1
    I will say this : A car cannot be balanced by what the top 0.01% of time trial-er do. I'm sure the guys testing the cars know this and do fast laps with realistic setups and hybrid usage, that way people who uses these car the way they should be do get realistic lap times (since the patch I've done 3:22 with no hybrid management at all, with consumption that makes for a 11 laps stint).

As for the Hybrid, the 2014 use a pretty close to real life model, aside from the throttle position linked to the fuel consumption. We also have cars that have manually deployable hybrid. So we can expect that at least. The thing we don't have is manual cancellation of deployment (like in an out lap or a strategic call for a pass during a race) and hybrid deployment that isn't linked to throttle position.

I won't say it's easy because nothing ever is, but I have every confidence that will be done.

Otherwise, the 2016 vintage will just be 2014 cars with more hybrid each lap.

Wait & see.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, hkraft300, r18etron

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    One of the reasons the Toyota can be made so quick, compared to real life, is that I know some people run a very low braking pressure. Although this means you have to brake earlier, you get far more regen (the regen is not tied to how much brake pressure is applied, only that brake pressure is applied in the first place) thus giving you more power for the next straight, compared to the normal brake pressure. That and the 5L fixed fuel amount, no need to conserve tyres, infinite retries, unrealistic setups, unrealistic driving style, the list goes on, will all contribute to laptimes that would never be achieved in real life.

As for any future cars we might get, we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT : Ignore the first part, I thought we'd run the LMP1 race at Le Mans in pCARS2 but it was actually in pCARS1, so that part of my post isn't relevant
    Last edited by cluck; 18-04-2018 at 15:51.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: ELAhrairah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    IRL the LMP1 cars have a maximum fuel AND hybrid use per lap allowed at Le Mans. In-game only the amount of hybrid power is limited on a per-lap basis so it makes sense for the lap times to be much much faster in pc2 than real life.

The same will be for the new cars I assume.

However, If a driver wants to match the real-life stint lengths of 12-14 laps, some fuel saving will need to be used and lap times in-game will be pretty close to those from the real LM24.
    In this case, my best lap time with the TS040 at LeMans with fuel saving map are 3:21, but it is similar to the time of the Pole Position achieved with the same car in real life (in 2014), and as we know in Classification you can go beyond the limit on car performance, unless, by regulation, the fuel consumption limit of the car is also applied in Classification.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    One of the reasons the Toyota can be made so quick, compared to real life, is that I know some people run a very low braking pressure. Although this means you have to brake earlier, you get far more regen (the regen is not tied to how much brake pressure is applied, only that brake pressure is applied in the first place) thus giving you more power for the next straight,
    Thanks for the info, I wondered that myself but from 95% brake pressure from 75-80% I couldn't see a big difference in regen.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I wondered that myself but from 95% brake pressure from 75-80% I couldn't see a big difference in regen.
    Go lower. We were trying to work out how one of our members was so quick in the TS040 at Le Mans and that turned out to be the main trick he used (and others have used).

Thinking about it, though, this might have been pCARS1 (I'm just off to check when we ran that race)

EDIT : Whoops, that was on pCARS1, I'll edit my posts accordingly
    Last edited by cluck; 18-04-2018 at 15:50.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    In this case, my best lap time with the TS040 at LeMans with fuel saving map are 3:21, but it is similar to the time of the Pole Position achieved with the same car in real life (in 2014), and as we know in Classification you can go beyond the limit on car performance, unless, by regulation, the fuel consumption limit of the car is also applied in Classification.
    yeah LMP1 regulations specified fuel energy and hybrid energy use per lap
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Platform
    PC
    Already said by others, time trial laps are HIGHLY unrealistic, but I will also mention it:

- closed radiator opening
    - closed brake duct
    - 5L fuel
    - other weird unrealistic setups (engine mapping, turbo boosts etc.) that IRL will make the car stop after 100 meters
    - external driving views
    - optimal track conditions

I wouldn't be surprised if the ts050 will beat the 3 minute benchmark. And I'm affraid it should.
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 18-04-2018 at 17:56.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the ts050 will beat the 3 minute benchmark. And I'm affraid it should.
    I think you're not far off. A lot of the gap will probably depend on how the hybrid system works for the 2016 cars and how they can exploit it (the TTers). Otherwise we could only see a 3 or 4 second gap.