Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP - Cannot play using new steering wheel

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

HELP - Cannot play using new steering wheel

Hi.

Fairly new to this game and have only played using a controller. I recently got a steering wheel, a Playmax Hurricane Model #WH-3103V. Plugged it all in, PS4, pedals etc, and cannot change the controller setting to the wheel and use it Gaming Wheel mode. Only buttons in Gamepad mode work.

Can someone please tell me how to configure the wheel so it will work please?

Thanks in advance.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have no idea if that wheel is PS4 compatible or not but it is not on the PC2 supported list.

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/proj...tibility-list/
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Not sure if that wheel is compatible, but you need to load the game up from the playstation menu using the wheel not the controller

Platform
    PS4
    That seems like an old an unknown wheel bro. Probably not even on the PS4 recognisable list is maybe why there's no configuration for it. Have a feeling you made a bad buy there. Better you had gone with a mid-level Logitech G29 or Thrustmater 150. At least those are recognised in the game and fairly affordable also. Having a wheel that's not really supported will give you plenty frustration with enjoying the game as you should. It might even turn you off.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    A lot of amazon reviews seem to say they couldn't even get the wheel to be recognised by the PS4. May have to either stick with a controller or try and send it back and get a FFB wheel

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    What is a FFB wheel? To me a wheel is a wheel and the PS4 recognises it no problem. It has 2 modes. A controller mode and a gaming wheel mode. The PS4 handles both no problem but the game does not seem to be recognising the wheel in gaming wheel mode. The game should not limit itself it seems to me to a select few recommended wheel. They all plug into USB at the end of the day. I was really enjoying this game and was keen to go from controller to wheel but now..........all wheels should work!!!!!!! It shouldn't matter what you have or don't have. If the creators of this game ever read this forum, you have to fix this for your paying customers who trust you to deliver something that works! Not like this.

Please investigate!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonguru View Post
    What is a FFB wheel? To me a wheel is a wheel and the PS4 recognises it no problem. It has 2 modes. A controller mode and a gaming wheel mode. The PS4 handles both no problem but the game does not seem to be recognising the wheel in gaming wheel mode. The game should not limit itself it seems to me to a select few recommended wheel. They all plug into USB at the end of the day. I was really enjoying this game and was keen to go from controller to wheel but now..........all wheels should work!!!!!!! It shouldn't matter what you have or don't have. If the creators of this game ever read this forum, you have to fix this for your paying customers who trust you to deliver something that works! Not like this.

Please investigate!
    First of all you should have researched which wheels are officially supported by your hardware and by the game. Secondly, though I don't know if that option is available on PS4, have you tried the "Custom Wheel" preset and configured the assignments for steering and pedals and buttons? Have you afterwards calibrated the wheel?

FFB = Force Feedback

Edit:
    Seems like the Playmax is just a re-brand from this: https://venomuk.com/get/hurricane-steering-wheel/

There is some info at the bottom of the page that an additional USB is required, depending on the version of your console, maybe that's the main issue.
    Last edited by Swift2603; 26-04-2018 at 05:10.
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10

Member of Revolution Sim Racing
    The following user likes this Post: PocketZeven

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonguru View Post

Please investigate!
    FFB is force feedback, you get the feeling you would from an actual car. You feel the bumps in the road, the slip of the tyres, in some games you can even get the vibrations from the engine and gearbox when you change gear. Most people who play racing sims like PCars2 will use either a Thrustmaster, Logitech or Fanatec wheel (at least on console, there are a lot more choices on PC) so it makes sense that developers (especially small studios) focus their time and efforts on implementing those wheels over ones that only a small amount of people will be using
    The following user likes this Post: PocketZeven

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Have you tried contacting the wheel's manufacturer? Or it's website or forum?

That's where I'd start...