Thread: Renault Megane V6 Trophy - Tire Pressure Range

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Renault Megane V6 Trophy - Tire Pressure Range

Ok so quick question, does anybody know what the optimal tire pressure range should be for the Renault Megane V6 Trophy Car? We've had a discussion in our community about whether the tires should fall into the Touring Car (1.9Bar - 2.05Bar) range or into the GT range (~1.8 Bar)?

My impression is that it being a RWD cup car it should be more focused torwards the GT range of pressure but some of the guys have been saying they feel it should be more in line with the Touring Cars as it only has one set of slicks to choose from? Also the default setup pressures suggest it should be getting to around 1.8 Bar once up to racing temperatures.

Anybody had any experience setting this car up and wouldn't mind sharing any info?
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgerzzz View Post
    Ok so quick question, does anybody know what the optimal tire pressure range should be for the Renault Megane V6 Trophy Car? We've had a discussion in our community about whether the tires should fall into the Touring Car (1.9Bar - 2.05Bar) range or into the GT range (~1.8 Bar)?

My impression is that it being a RWD cup car it should be more focused torwards the GT range of pressure but some of the guys have been saying they feel it should be more in line with the Touring Cars as it only has one set of slicks to choose from? Also the default setup pressures suggest it should be getting to around 1.8 Bar once up to racing temperatures.

Anybody had any experience setting this car up and wouldn't mind sharing any info?
    Hey, in TT on PC there are not many runs since 2017 with this car and most of the runs are Default Loose. I checked 2 of the few 5.0 Patch runs and they are using the Default tire pressures. In TT it is common to adjust the adjust the tire pressures lower for some car/tires but no one is doing this with this car that I can see. Not many are investing time to optimize the setups let alone the tires. But, if you look at the speed differential between this car and the TCs I think that your hunch is possibly correct that the tires should be more toward the GT. It's almost 8.6 seconds per lap quicker at some tracks. Spa 2:21.920 vs 2:30.519 for the Renault TC.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've had a quick try with this car yesterday and it seemed like around 1.80 is the right pressure. Having said that, also for touring cars 1.80 appears to be the correct pressure, despite the dev post saying it should be higher. This has been like that since game released, hope this post will not cause a change also in TC tire model in the next patches...
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for replying guys, going to stick with my original hunch of around the 1.80 bar range.

If one of the devs sees this thread, it would be extremely handy if we had this sort of info in game just like RL tire manufactures provide for their products.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I've had a quick try with this car yesterday and it seemed like around 1.80 is the right pressure. Having said that, also for touring cars 1.80 appears to be the correct pressure, despite the dev post saying it should be higher. This has been like that since game released, hope this post will not cause a change also in TC tire model in the next patches...
    Do you find a big difference with touring car tyres with the lower pressure? Is that on all touring cars? I've been running between 2.05 and 2.15 and feel them start to go off starting around 2.2. I remember my first race though I did qualifying from the base setup and pressures were around 1.8 and it drove good there too. I'm wondering if there are setups that might favor 1.8 and others that favor 2.15. Could this work like the differences between hard and soft compounds? I don't know enough about tyres to know if that's possible.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by g.stew View Post
    Do you find a big difference with touring car tyres with the lower pressure? Is that on all touring cars? I've been running between 2.05 and 2.15 and feel them start to go off starting around 2.2. I remember my first race though I did qualifying from the base setup and pressures were around 1.8 and it drove good there too. I'm wondering if there are setups that might favor 1.8 and others that favor 2.15. Could this work like the differences between hard and soft compounds? I don't know enough about tyres to know if that's possible.
    The TC class cars only have one type of slick tires, so there's no soft/hard issue in them. I've been using them very intensively online in the past months, mainly the Megane and for me 1.80 works best, certainly much better than 2.0, even than 1.9. Actually even at 1.70 it runs very well for me.

Can't tell you for sure if it's the same with the other cars, have not used them since a long time now, but my guess is it's for all of them the same. Different setups for different pressures might be a possibility, but at least for me it's only 1.80 that has worked (and it has worked very well!).

@Rodgerzzz: see the sticky post in this subforum about suggested tire pressures:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...S-2-Tyre-Temps

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    @Rodgerzzz: see the sticky post in this subforum about suggested tire pressures:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...S-2-Tyre-Temps
    Hello,

Do these values remain the same under wet conditions with wet tires?
    If not, what are the changes to be made?
    Last edited by Johnny Tavares; 10-05-2018 at 12:13.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Tavares View Post
    Hello,

Do these values remain the same under wet conditions with wet tires?
    If not, what are the changes to be made?
    From what I remember, in another post the devs told us that the target pressures the same for all compounds (soft/hard/wet etc) of the same class.
    Having said that, it's better to do also your own testing, to see if some more or less pressure in the wet helps you out, since wet conditions cause speeds and grip levels to be different, downforce used is usually higher etc.