Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost FFB at begining of session

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I still have the issue with my tmx, updating the firmware has not resolved the issue. I shutdown the wheel by pressing the xbox button and then back on before each race now.

We really should get together at some point for a chat.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Ingame you can do a calibration. (But i suspect the wheel of doiing the calibration on the fly aswell)

But you can do a calibration in the TM tool in windows itself. That trick might help you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It's not a wheel specific issue.

If while in a lobby you go to the Xbox menus, when you return to the lobby the FFB data sometimes does resume to the wheel.
    Disconnecting and reconnecting the wheel resumes the data flow.

This issue happens on Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels that I know and probably happens on all other wheels.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I really don't understand why this sort of thing is just 'accepted' like we should expect it. As far as i'm concerned i've given these people a lot of money in exchange for broken shit for the second time now.

As you might be able to tell i'm a bit pissed off, and i'm sorry for the rant but i've literally just gotten out of my racing seat to come on here to see if there is even the remotest chance i can find some answers, but i'm just finding thread after thread of people complaining about even more problems than i'm having, it's just issue after issue with this game, and i'm honestly thinking, at what point does this become a consumer rights issue? I literally can't even play right now and i've been trying to do so all day, but if it isn't my accelerator pedal that just stops working, the brake will get stuck on or be limited to 45% for some reason, then the ffb goes mental or disappears completely, and all of these problems require at least a wheel reset and it's just fucking constant, it's impossibly annoying, and who am i gonna call? (yes i'm on the latest FW)

I feel like a bit of a mug, all of these problems were present in the first game but i genuinely thought to myself, "they must have fixed some of these things this time round surely?", and pressed 'Buy'! So now i'm sitting here, 60 down, with my wheel still sawing left and right dangerously for no reason, wheel and/or pedals disconnecting randomly, ffb disappearing or glitchng out and completely changing, and from reading on here, it seems that playing online is an even bigger mountain of cock than it was before as well so i'm not even gonna go there, no ffb and half a brake during a league race anyone?...

It seems not only are the same problems present as before, but now there are more and it's even worse.
    Looking around here and on the web quickly confirms that it's neither wheel specific nor platform specific, so it must be the game, and I can't think of any other industry where a company can sell a product to the public that is so blatantly unfinished and broken, and still be in a position where they can just stick there fingers up at us with millions of pounds bursting out of there pockets and get away with it. And that's my problem, there's nothing anyone can do about it even if they wanted to, they have our money, we have this broken game, and that's that, this industry needs some form of independent complaints commission or something, they should be accountable, i can't believe no ones broken a finger yet.

I was one of the few people that actually liked the karts in the first game, they were and still are without question the buggiest class to drive, with thier highly questionable handling model and ridiculous Mario Kart style mushroom boosts of the curbs, but i really enjoyed it and set quite a few top leaderboard times, but now they take two out of the three karts that were available completely out of the game, and don't even fix the only one that's left!!! Real nice work work guys, first fucking class (is there a middle finger emoticon thingy?)
    I did still managed to bag a 1st on one of the kart tracks but i've quickly run out of the patience required to keep setting times like that whilst constantly dealing with the onslaught of controller bugs - Coming up to the last corner on a perfect lap aaaaaaaannnd.... No accelerator = burning rage. If these were actual bugs this game would be the motherlode of infestations.

I just can't help but get angry at SMS for what just seems like such fucked up priorities, surely fixing known problems should be as important in terms of development as anything else, if only for the sake of those that suffered with them in the first game, it's just fucking rude. I can't believe they are not aware of them, should i believe they literally can't fix them? None of this sort of shit happens to anything like the same degree in Forza or F1 for example so really, what is their problem? Are they arrogant or incompetent, which is it?
    Last edited by deadmeat; 20-06-2018 at 22:21.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quick one. I was going to update my firmware to see if that made any difference but the install files on the TM support site don't seem to be there any longer. The link just takes you to the pdf instruction and the link in there just sends you back to the same part of the support site that you've just come from.

Does anyone have the v53 firmware they could send at all?
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I just used the Thrustmaster Control panel, it detected my TMX wheel and automatically updated it.
    I think this us installed when installing the PC Drivers.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sorted now.. I updated and am now at v53. Initial test was positive both in how the wheel feels and also the fact that I watched a couple of replays and dropped to the desktop to test it out and the FFB was still alive when I went back to the game. Fingers crossed...
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Sankyo, ShneebnaMRR108