Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T300 GTE Paddle Shifter Issue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

T300 GTE Paddle Shifter Issue

Hello, I seem to be having an issue with shifting down in PC2 and I suspect that the problem is with the game and not my wheel or console.

Let's say I'm entering a hard braking zone where I need to go down from 6th gear to 1st, pressing the left paddle shifter on my wheel shifts down perfectly from 6th to 2nd, but not from 2nd to 1st, it often skips my input and I have to press it again in order for the car to shift down to 1st.

This issue is only from 2nd gear to 1st, and not any other sequence, which is very frustrating because at this moment I'm pretty much focused on turning into the corner and not on the telemetry and I find my self understeering because I am in taking a 1st gear turn in 2nd, in tracks like Long Beach that means 9/10 you will meet the wall and you're race is pretty much over

I try to keep an eye on the telemetry on the bottom right but it's very distracting.

Thanks in advance

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ControllerNoob View Post
    Hello, I seem to be having an issue with shifting down in PC2 and I suspect that the problem is with the game and not my wheel or console.

Let's say I'm entering a hard braking zone where I need to go down from 6th gear to 1st, pressing the left paddle shifter on my wheel shifts down perfectly from 6th to 2nd, but not from 2nd to 1st, it often skips my input and I have to press it again in order for the car to shift down to 1st.

This issue is only from 2nd gear to 1st, and not any other sequence, which is very frustrating because at this moment I'm pretty much focused on turning into the corner and not on the telemetry and I find my self understeering because I am in taking a 1st gear turn in 2nd, in tracks like Long Beach that means 9/10 you will meet the wall and you're race is pretty much over

I try to keep an eye on the telemetry on the bottom right but it's very distracting.

Thanks in advance
    I suspect it is downshift protection. You are probably shifting down too fast.Downshifting into too high revs will damage the engine/gearbox. Perhaps you should brake a a bit harder or the take the corner in 2nd.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yeah sounds like downshift protection to me, if you haven't slowed sufficiently for the corner then the revs will be too high to drop down into 1st, you may want to try breaking earlier and seeing if the issue remains
    The following user likes this Post: PocketZeven

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Slightly off topic but its a question regarding my t300rs gt edition wheel. do I need to go online on a laptop etc and update the wheel or does it update through my ps4 pro?
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisshead30 View Post
    Slightly off topic but its a question regarding my t300rs gt edition wheel. do I need to go online on a laptop etc and update the wheel or does it update through my ps4 pro?
    Firmware updates can be done from a Windows PC only.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz555 View Post
    Firmware updates can be done from a Windows PC only.
    Where can I find these?
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Where can I find these?
    You should find everything that you need here -

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/...sgtedition-en/
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    so is it recommended I do these updates even though I use the wheel for a ps4 pro and not a PC. Excuse my ignorance but this is my first ever wheel lol
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    so is it recommended I do these updates even though I use the wheel for a ps4 pro and not a PC. Excuse my ignorance but this is my first ever wheel lol
    Yeah, firmware updates should be done regardless of which platform you use the wheel on.

Firmware reprograms the wheel itself with new features, improved functionality etc while the raw drivers are a peripheral/PC only interface. It is a bit confusing as, these days, firmware and drivers usually come as one package... so you need to install the PC drivers then hook your wheel up to a PC and then run the driver interface in order to update the firmware as well.

It is always recommended to update the firmware as soon as new version is released.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 30-04-2018 at 00:30.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    And if you have a Mac.... best of luck, mate!