Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    If you have the money, it's a good product. I try to support all of the sim developers if I can. I personally don't find AC different enough to spend time with it. I bought it on a Steam sale for PC over a year or so ago, but to date, I still don't even have a full 60 minutes logged with the title.
    Basically the same sentiment here. I bought AC prestige edition (with season pass) when it launched on XBox in august 2016. Bought all successive DLC as well that were not part of the base game so I basically have the ultimate edition as well. But I also have not played all that much of the game yet. First there was my knee injury, but the last year I've been a bit less interested in racing sims in general (PC2 included). It's just a temporary break though, I can see myself enjoy PC2 and AC many hours again in the future.

AC is absolutely great with a wheel! Great FFB on my XBox One and Thrustmaster TX + TH8A + T3PA + GT Leather wheel! But it is also horrible with a controller, way way too sensitive and "direct" input. A good controller racing game needs to have good filters to make the car drive-able instead of needing to micro-manage every millimeter of travel of those tiny analog sticks. The "feel" of AC with a wheel is IMO it's biggest selling point. But on PC there is a big modding community as well, which adds up to the PC version of AC. On consoles we're stuck with the base game which has a much shorter track list than PC1/PC2 but there are still a bunch of tracks unique to AC for the console player. The car list is great as well IMO but the car classes are "hidden" in the background and sometimes a bit weird. The sim-side of high tech cars is great though with tons of options, it's fun to drive one of those newer F1 hybrid or LMP1 cars on the electro-engine alone, without the combustion engine. Not that it's fast but it's just fun. If you want to see just how detailed that 2015 F1 Ferrari car is simulated have a look at this: https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-guide.123938/

AC has some downsides as well, no rain, no weather, no night-day transitions so the game overall feels a bit monotome. And the menu structure / singleplayer content feels very basic as well, no career mode or anything like PC2 in that aspect. For an overall racing sim experience I much more prefer PC2 for the total package but AC has that great FFB feeling out of the box.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    And the menu structure / singleplayer content feels very basic as well, no career mode or anything like PC2 in that aspect. For an overall racing sim experience I much more prefer PC2 for the total package but AC has that great FFB feeling out of the box.
    There is Career in AC, perhaps not the greatest, just a bunch of events thrown together, but it's there.
    It also also has "Challenges", setup events of different types with different level of difficulty to complete.
    And last but not least, Custom Championships for SP.
    Plus quick races, track days, track weekends...
    Plenty of things to do to be honest, even in single player.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I think I hate myself right now but rather than buying AC or abstaining, I went ahead and picked up GT Sport in a sale on the PS store. Sorry for the misdirection.

Now, before we all get excited, PC2 remains my go to racer. That said, multiplayer works fine for me on GT, which is kind of essential in the modern day and it looks beautiful on an ageing console. I'm curious to see which game will have longevity over time.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, breyzipp, John Hargreaves

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Honestly,I'm not getting Ultimate Edition.I have the base game and if I really want a DLC or 2 I will get it as it will still work out cheaper than getting the game again.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    There is Career in AC, perhaps not the greatest, just a bunch of events thrown together, but it's there.
    It also also has "Challenges", setup events of different types with different level of difficulty to complete.
    Yes that’s what I meant, SP events are more single events that are not connected to each other like in PC2. There is no driver career progression like in PC2.

I didn’t mean to talk down on AC though, the game sure does have its charm as well, even on consoles.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    Honestly,I'm not getting Ultimate Edition.I have the base game and if I really want a DLC or 2 I will get it as it will still work out cheaper than getting the game again.
    It would be nice if Sony/MS did like Steam and let people who already own part of the bundle pay only for the items in the bundle they don't own.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I saw it in Game for 29.99 considering that includes all the DLC I think its well worth adding to your collection
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL
    The following user likes this Post: Cladandadum

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I bought Asseto Corsa Ultimate Edition. What motivated me is mainly the offline custom championship. What a pleasure to create a championship and to follow it without a computer next door, without manipulation with the name of the IA ...
    It's brilliant. Thanks Kudos
    Regarding the other aspects, PC2 is better in content and in gameplay with a controller. But what a pity that SMS does not include an offline custom championship. What a mess in my opinion.
    n my opinion, this lack should not help for sales ...
    The following user likes this Post: Cladandadum

Superkart Pilot
    I bought 8 car packs during the summer sale and now I'm hooked on AC and hope to get ~100 hours worth of playtime out of it before ACC is released.

The only pack I didn't buy was the Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack since I'm really not a fan of Ferrari (referring to their drama & politics) but I will pick it up when the price is right.

However I'm especially fond of the Porsche packs and GT4 cars and the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport is a beast and also the Audi TT Cup 2016 & Audi TT RS (VLN) and Audi R8 LMS are both worthy additions.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    I think I grabbed all the car packs on the humble bundle sometime last year or early this year, with some decent mods and the custom grid tool in the PC version it is a recipe for some great fun
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621