Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition

Platform
    PC
    Honestly I really don't know enough to comment on the physics but alot of people think it is good. It is certainly good with a wheel too and is what everyone recommends playing AC with
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I know some leagues remain with AC even over pc2 since they have mods and league admin BoP which evens out the cars. So you may be open up to some different online players. If you buy the PC version well over 3 thousand daily AC players compared to half that for pc2, maybe it says something

Platform
    PC
    I have AC on both PC and PS4, and I find the console version quite hard to get on with using just a controller. My comments before were based on the PC version, which I think is the best one to get, but I haven't tried the console version with a wheel. I suspect AC PS4 + wheel would be pretty good as I think the underlying physics are supposed to be the same in both versions.
    i7-7700K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Its good and well worth the money if you can get it on sale ! Not sure how often PS4 store has sales but its on sale quite often on Steam so maybe PS4 also ??
    I only have near 300 hours in it because i just prefer others Sims to it .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have AC for PS4. It's good, but it has it's own issues.
    The only thing I think that AC does better is the FFB (I'm on T300). It is much smoother, seems to just work more as you would expect.
    However, it has nowhere near the adjustability of PC2. PC2 is a bit more raw, and I'm still convinced that the FFB is not really working as it should, with T300, on PS4. I don't expect it to be the same, but the way AC does it feels far better to me.

The physics is very good. Lots of debates about which is better. In any case, it's good and doesn't leave you with that arcade sort of feeling.

I find the car setup menu in AC extremely strange and confusing to navigate through. PC2 does this way better in my opinion.
    There is a sort of career progress, or better described as 'a series of races to go through, separated by categories of cars), but personally I like PC2 better.
    The overall menu system in AC is pretty basic and here I think PC2 has a much nicer interface (even if it could be better).
    The track and car selection is much smaller, but there are lots of good ones and I've never really missed anything in AC.
    I find the AI in AC to be pretty good, but with all the recent updates in PC2, I think PC2 is now better re. AI.
    The choice of screen setups, HUD, etc, is far more limited than what you can do in PC2.
    I have a button box, it is annoying to me that AC does not support this and I cannot assign any buttons to my button box (here PC2 is brilliant)

It's good, but I find myself staying with PC2. I tried AC again a few weeks ago when I was getting frustrated with PC2..... went back to PC2.

(Small print..... I've been playing GTSport more recently..... I do like it... has it's own issues as well, but it's so damn polished and pretty....)
    Last edited by Atak Kat; 24-04-2018 at 12:56.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks everyone for your insight and feedback. On balance, I think I'll give it a miss. Still enjoying the depth of PC2, summer is coming and garden chores beckon.

If you think the menu/GUI is bad on console... I was actually hoping they would port it over to PC as it looks like it's actually usable without recourse to keyboard and mouse (AC + VR = P.I.T.A)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cladandadum View Post
    Thanks everyone for your insight and feedback. On balance, I think I'll give it a miss. Still enjoying the depth of PC2, summer is coming and garden chores beckon.
    If you ever have the oppurtunity to get yourself a decent PC I would say go for it. However, on console I wouldn't be so quick to recommend it, and with Assetto Corsa Competzione on the horizon (even without console confirmation for the forseeable future) it is probably worth waiting instead
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    PC Ultimate version was just released on Steam
    https://store.steampowered.com/bundl...imate_Edition/

Great price for a great sim with all additional content.
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 26-04-2018 at 00:53.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    If you ever have the oppurtunity to get yourself a decent PC I would say go for it. However, on console I wouldn't be so quick to recommend it, and with Assetto Corsa Competzione on the horizon (even without console confirmation for the forseeable future) it is probably worth waiting instead
    Had a gaming pc back in the day, when the kids were young. Life and other priorities meant that I reverted to consoles from pc, although now that the kids are all 'growed up', I don't really have the desire to revert back. More so, because of the constant upgrades and my perception of pc's being a bit of a money pit.

That said, I realise the experience is likely to be so much better on pc.
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621