Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sloppy's Fast, Stable and Fun Career Tunes (G29)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by danivers View Post
    Thank you for all the hard work. I was about ready to give up on this game, until I found this thread. The Caterham SP/300.R that THEY gave me spun out at idle speeds, but the one YOU gave me is actually stable at race speeds.

Also, has the game been updated recently? I can't seem to find any setups, anywhere, for the Caterham SP/300.R at Donington, which is the first race on the schedule for the Sportscar Lites series. I haven't manually scoured the forums yet, though, just using the advanced search. I used your setup for Oschersleben B, and it worked pretty nicely, but it seems strange that there aren't more setups posted for the track that starts the season off. Any ideas?

Anyway, thanks again for the boost. Cheers from Detroit.
    Hey thanks for the thanks man, makes the hard work worth it. When I started posting tunes here I was not very confident in my tweaking skills so I only posted tunes that got me PS4 record times. That way I knew they must be at least OK! Hence only the Oscherleben tune which was also the first tune to get #1 on the leader board. Once I found a stable tune in almost all cases I left the setup unchanged for other tracks except tweaking gear ratios for every corner and longest straight. As this was an early tune I may have thought posting a whole new tune but only changing gear ratios was a little cheeky!
    Pretty sure that same tune got a ps4 record at COTA short as well, it certainly works a dream around there..
    Anyway once again thanks for taking the time to reply, the cars are a blast to drive when you find a setup that works for you!
    Most of the later tunes have YouTube video hotlaps included as well, enjoy your racing mate!

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hey I just wanted to say thanks for putting in the time to provide your tunes for Formula Rookie and C!

Coming from Gran Turismo, PC 2 was a big step up, and these tunes helped make things fun again!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: blinkngone, Konan, sloppysmusic

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Hey thanks for the thanks man, makes the hard work worth it. When I started posting tunes here I was not very confident in my tweaking skills so I only posted tunes that got me PS4 record times. That way I knew they must be at least OK! Hence only the Oscherleben tune which was also the first tune to get #1 on the leader board. Once I found a stable tune in almost all cases I left the setup unchanged for other tracks except tweaking gear ratios for every corner and longest straight. As this was an early tune I may have thought posting a whole new tune but only changing gear ratios was a little cheeky!
    Pretty sure that same tune got a ps4 record at COTA short as well, it certainly works a dream around there..
    Anyway once again thanks for taking the time to reply, the cars are a blast to drive when you find a setup that works for you!
    Most of the later tunes have YouTube video hotlaps included as well, enjoy your racing mate!
    Thanks Sloppysmusic. You've really transformed the Caterham SP/300.R. I've adopted your tune as base and posted the fastest time on Oschersleben last night. I changed the LSD to Clutch LSD rather than the viscous LSD you used (which felt weird to me )
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SWK888 View Post
    Thanks Sloppysmusic. You've really transformed the Caterham SP/300.R. I've adopted your tune as base and posted the fastest time on Oschersleben last night. I changed the LSD to Clutch LSD rather than the viscous LSD you used (which felt weird to me )
    Hey thanks again! I've recently been playing on pc and input all my 'noob' tunes, getting much more in depth with the differential. For sure I used viscous lock to stop a brutal car from spinning out, although it kind of handles like a stiff ruler along the fwd/back axis of the car. You now need to put a fair amount of force in to turn , then it snaps back and settles pretty quick. Not very elegant or smooth but safe! I had the idea of updating the posted setup with all the improvements except I didn't want to confuse people with updated tunes at the end of the thread. Figured I might as well wait until the next game launched (assuming a similar handling model is used) and update them in a new thread.

Feel free to post your edits here, i wont be offended! People have more options then. In a major 2 month period I also went through every car in the game, picking the easiest/fastest in each class to drive then raced TT and 10 lap races to tweak brake pressure/balance/ducts and radiator to behave perfectly both in qualifying and also in a 10 lap/10min minimum situation. Figured this might help people joining random online lobbies and being clueless as to which car to pick. Except haven't posted these as it's painfully slow making screenshots for every car. I could just type out the 4 major tweaks I guess and post my recommended car for each class but didn't think there would be enough interest.
    Some tunes I'm still VERY proud of though. Like its seems most people I kinda hate default karts so I spent all night a couple years back making the 'perfect' tune. Well it still works! Last week I did karts in career for the first time since those tunes, setting ai to 100/100 and won every race in the world series of 8 races first time out no practice or restarts except one I came 2nd in ( the wet one!). Please everybody try the kart tune...same tune for every track so handling is easy to learn and I maximized the final gear for every circuit. So you are always the fastest. Guaranteed LOL.