Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sloppy's Fast, Stable and Fun Career Tunes (G29)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    ok will do give me an hour Ive got kid here today got make her dinner now...will do in between kitchen time so maybe 15 mins

i have PC version TOO. When I get a second will check I can tune MY FRookie car with my own tune lol
    Have posted my gameplay settings at the opening of this thread for anyone interested.
    I tested my PC version and there's the problem. The PC version has DIFFERENT tire pressure settings to PS4 version.
    Well THAT's annoying......

EDIT have posted new thread in General discussion querying this.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...to-PS4-version
    Last edited by sloppysmusic; 26-06-2018 at 01:46.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Tiers 1/2 - Touring Car Masters - ALL Series/Circuits - AI 100/100 - 1 Stable Setup

OK it's an FF car...and its a Megane (GT Sport players will know what I'm talking about!) BUT what a lot of fun to be had in all these races. AI is sweetly balanced to perfection at AI 100/100 (well done SMS!) and it's not as if one booboo and you're half a lap behind anyway, so no excuses dial the AI UP and prepare for some great racing.

Tier 2 is just the Euro series and that's it. Tier 1 you have 3 local feeders, a semi series and a world championship series. There are NO broken races, just a couple of notes I will mention in a moment. This single tune will do you well in all races except the Red Bull Ring National race, which is almost a mini oval race. I have provided a special closely geared tune just for this one race. You can still use the default tune but I was well off the pace so its up to you.

Somewhere in the mix:

A Nurburgring Combined in the Tier 2 Euro. You CAN spend 20 mins qualifying (and NOT mess up) or just start from the back and go old school Gran Turismo style (remember when that series was fun?) fighting from the back. You have plenty of time to do it but a good start and dive down to first bend you can cleanly still get in the top 5. Then it's a mad race against ONE very fast driver and a couple who are not slouches. With this tune you should be able to qualify first and win all the other races fairly easily so any points here are good. Lowering the AI IS an option but make it fun and don't go lower than 80/90!

The Ring has a combo race in World Series too but this time it's TWO laps minimum. Car is great fun to drive make it longer if you wish because....you CANNOT lose. On 2 laps it starts to rain end of first and as long as you have your wet tires waiting in the pit after the change it's easy catch up time because the AI do NOT pit! Dumbos....I was 40 seconds behind after my pit having finished the first lap in 2nd place. BY half way through the 2nd I was ahead as the AI struggle both as they are nerfed in the rain and also as they have slicks on....oh dear. To make it a challenge go for a CLEAN lap. Not easy with those aggressive losers spraying rain in your face and doubling up to block you but you have such a massive advantage anyway it's a sure thing.

First race of WC is at Sugo in the rain. I could not qualify better than 15th in the rain, as the AI do NOT seemed to be nerfed in qualifying. BUT in the race they surely are, so no worries, pass them all on the first lap and then pull away. I won by 6 seconds in the 3 lap race. No sweat.

There is a Circuit Of The Americas in the mix also. Dry, hot and tire melting temperatures. Tires will overheat half way through but this is a nippy tune and with early braking and hugging the apexes you should have no real problems here.

The final race in the World Series Tier 1 is Algarve. Tires overheat again so you will need to get your qualifying laps in ASAP no mistakes. I started 15th (ran out of real life time!) but calculated from the standings which racers I needed to stay close to in order to win the series. 4th place was my goal and I got 3rd. Exciting all the way!

Overall lots of fun! At the 2 ring races you can raise your 6th gear a notch or 2 to gain a couple seconds on the downhill straights and the final straight. Not necessary though as you are only red lining for seconds in 6th at the end.

Here is the default tune, recommend leaving brake ducts the same for qualifying as you want your brakes working fine all the time. The radiator you can put to 0% for just a few laps if you need for qualifying also, or 20% so you get plenty of time to warm the tires up and get lots of practice laps in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180626232758.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	256855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180626232808.jpg 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	256856

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180626232816.jpg 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	256857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180626232824.jpg 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	256858

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180626232834.jpg 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	256859

Here is the short gearing for Red Bull Ring National. Gives you real smooth changes during bends and passes and allows you to keep the revs in the sweet power range most of the time. The AI don't have a chance in the race! I qualified 6th but after half a lap I was in front and pulling away.

Name:	RBR-Nat gears.jpg 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	256860

These race series with this car is probably the simplest fun you can have in this game/sim. ONE tune to dial in (just adjust fuel especially for the Ring!) and all your time then is spent racing. Enjoy!

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180627001938.jpg 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	256861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180627001634.jpg 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	256862

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180627001621.jpg 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	256863

ALTERNATIVE METHOD FOR EXTRA FUN WITH MORE RACING LESS QUALIFYING

Put race length up to maximum. Do NOT qualify and pick em off one car per lap! Start at AI 100 still (after at least practicing with the car for a while first).
    Most tracks are around 16 laps full length so that's one car per lap. I am definitely going to give this method a go next. This way instead of 20 mins qualifying followed by a 5-9 minute race (the Ring excepted) you can have a fun 30 minute race (qualifying 1st and leading from start to finish gets boring fast).
    These slicks don't wear down too quickly but if you find they do just pit! The AI in theory should be in the same boat. As mentioned earlier this is not a car/tune that you can easily mess up in so it's great for a mini-endurance. Anyone who tries this please post your results here, I'd love to hear how it worked out and what AI you could beat.

Finally....if you are stuck for time (real lives huh?!) but still want a fun and hectic exciting race series then:
    1)Load up the race at minimum distance (usually 3 laps)
    2) set the AI to 50/50
    3)Select race only no qualifying
    4) Dial in the tune set the fuel and go for it!
    N.B. Some 'creative' passing may be needed to get through the pack with this method....
    Last edited by sloppysmusic; 27-06-2018 at 06:34.

Platform
    PS4
    What the.......?????? You reach Tier 1 already? I was waiting on you to at last get a chance to try your tunes so I haven't started my races for Tier 1 yet. Thing is you didn't choose the series and car I'm racing with so still nothing I can use from you. How bout this for some fun?
    Do over Tier 1 but this time choose:
    Circuit Series: PWC GT
    Contract Car: Porche 911 GTSR (GMG Racing)

Let me know if you will do it so I will wait and finally get a chance to use your tunes. Remember I'm doing full races in all.

1. Circuit of The Americas GP
    2. Long Beach Street
    3. Road America
    4. Sonoma Raceway Circuit
    5. Red Bull Ring GP
    6. Dubai Auto GP
    7. Spa GP
    8. Bathurst Mt Panorama
    Last edited by davidt33; 27-06-2018 at 10:32.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    What the.......?????? You reach Tier 1 already? I was waiting on you to at last get a chance to try your tunes so I haven't started my races for Tier 1 yet. Thing is you didn't choose the series and car I'm racing with so still nothing I can use from you. How bout this for some fun?
    Do over Tier 1 but this time choose:
    Circuit Series: PWC GT
    Contract Car: Porche 911 GTSR (GMG Racing)

Let me know if you will do it so I will wait and finally get a chance to use your tunes. Remember I'm doing full races in all.

1. Circuit of The Americas GP
    2. Long Beach Street
    3. Road America
    4. Sonoma Raceway Circuit
    5. Red Bull Ring GP
    6. Dubai Auto GP
    7. Spa GP
    8. Bathurst Mt Panorama
    Don't panic yet David haha! Only JUST reached Tier 1 but still have lots of Tier 2 to do. I logically (for me) do the slower cars first, and if equal the ones I like the least. So I did ALL of the rally-cross races in all tiers in sequence as there only 2 types of cars and I needed to use L2 on the G29 for handbrake so it made sense to do them all together. Then after having all tiers 6-3 I started the Tier 2 touring car masters. Having by luck stumbled on a tune that was easy and fun to win with I found out the SAME cars could be used in Tier 1 so just went ahead and did all the Tier 1 races of touring car masters at the same time. A great time was had but now I still have the following series to do.
    In order:

Tier 2
    GT3 (started yesterday)
    WSR (LMP2)
    Formula X

Tier 1
    Pirelli World Challenge
    Indycar
    Endurance

Leaving longest races to last.

Won't be doing any GT3 tunes as the field is already represented by a ton of excellent tuners and threads. All I do is add stability usually and the GT3 cars are inherently stable anyway, or at least there's so many it's easy to find one that suits everyone's driving.

I don't even know what cars are in the PWC yet! Must admit had quite a fill of Porsche after the DLC so don't know which car I will pick yet. For this tune thread it usually is the one most suited for the beginner/rookie with 'stable and fun' being the catchphrase. Either way after I finish all tiers with stable/fun tunes I will relax and do one-offs. So as usual YES I will do your car eventually but as usual probably not in time for when you need it!
    PS If you haven't done the touring car master series it really is an absolute blast. Just forget it's FF!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Don't panic yet David haha! Only JUST reached Tier 1 but still have lots of Tier 2 to do. I logically (for me) do the slower cars first, and if equal the ones I like the least. So I did ALL of the rally-cross races in all tiers in sequence as there only 2 types of cars and I needed to use L2 on the G29 for handbrake so it made sense to do them all together. Then after having all tiers 6-3 I started the Tier 2 touring car masters. Having by luck stumbled on a tune that was easy and fun to win with I found out the SAME cars could be used in Tier 1 so just went ahead and did all the Tier 1 races of touring car masters at the same time. A great time was had but now I still have the following series to do.
    In order:

Tier 2
    GT3 (started yesterday)
    WSR (LMP2)
    Formula X

Tier 1
    Pirelli World Challenge
    Indycar
    Endurance

Leaving longest races to last.

Won't be doing any GT3 tunes as the field is already represented by a ton of excellent tuners and threads. All I do is add stability usually and the GT3 cars are inherently stable anyway, or at least there's so many it's easy to find one that suits everyone's driving.

I don't even know what cars are in the PWC yet! Must admit had quite a fill of Porsche after the DLC so don't know which car I will pick yet. For this tune thread it usually is the one most suited for the beginner/rookie with 'stable and fun' being the catchphrase. Either way after I finish all tiers with stable/fun tunes I will relax and do one-offs. So as usual YES I will do your car eventually but as usual probably not in time for when you need it!
    PS If you haven't done the touring car master series it really is an absolute blast. Just forget it's FF!
    Ok Sloppy. I gather you won't be doing my series and car soon so I most likely will go ahead soon as I have the time. Will be on vacation from next Monday 2nd July (WOOT WOOT!!!!) so most likely I'll get started with my Tier 1 series.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Ok Sloppy. I gather you won't be doing my series and car soon so I most likely will go ahead soon as I have the time. Will be on vacation from next Monday 2nd July (WOOT WOOT!!!!) so most likely I'll get started with my Tier 1 series.
    Nice about the vacation. Let me know if you want to do a lobby sometime. Maybe we can use your car on those tracks and I can see if I can do anything with it, sharing with you anything that works

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Once again, thanks man! Clio cup, I was struggling at Oulton Park in career. Not in the wet practice, I was 5 sec faster than AI. Clio on wets was easy and stable, hardly any liftoff oversteer? On slicks in dry weather, I was behind AI. Your tune magically stopped the car from diving into nearest armco, and I won race pretty easy. Can't wait to continue career now, such a fun car when it's not in self destruct mode! Thanks!
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Once again, thanks man! Clio cup, I was struggling at Oulton Park in career. Not in the wet practice, I was 5 sec faster than AI. Clio on wets was easy and stable, hardly any liftoff oversteer? On slicks in dry weather, I was behind AI. Your tune magically stopped the car from diving into nearest armco, and I won race pretty easy. Can't wait to continue career now, such a fun car when it's not in self destruct mode! Thanks!
    That's great to hear Mask! I put a LOT of time and work into the few tunes I did and it's sweet to hear someone else takes the time to comment and tell me it was worth it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Maskmagog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    No problem, really appreciate that you're sharing your work!
    I managed the Brands Hatch Indy race, but it felt like walking a tightrope: slightest error and I was done for. Now, with this tune, I have much more control, and I'm considerably faster as well, so top job!
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic