Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Sloppy's Fast, Stable and Fun Career Tunes (G29)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Formula Renault Championship - Complete Series - 1 tune for all 7 races - AI@100/100

For this series we are going to try something different, potentially a lot simpler and more fun. I noticed I cannot change the gearing on these cars, and the tune I had for Algarve was very stable. The AI for this fast track were a second or two behind every lap, so I am presuming on tighter tracks they will be less of a problem. So I am going to use the exact same tune for the whole series, changing only tires and fuel levels, and stick with all races at half length (which is when the slicks start to deteriorate).

I will post the tune itself first then make notes on each race and post results screens to see how we got on against the same setting AI in every race. Car itself is a lot of fun and a slight step up from Formula C. Great prep for the A and X series later on!

NOTE: The tune is setup for the ten lap race. For qualifying you can close the radiator to about 15% to give you a few quick laps and brake ducts front to 10% and rear to 20%.

DEFAULT TUNE TO BE USED FOR ALL RACES AI @ 100/100:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	256048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t2.jpg 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	256030

Name:	t3.jpg 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	256031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t4.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	256032

Name:	t5.jpg 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	256033

Race 1/7 Autodromo Internacional do Algarve - 10 Laps

A real smooth race experience with this car and tune. During testing I ran 20 laps which didn't work as after 8 or 9 laps the slicks start to deteriorate and the front end starts sliding. No fun at all spinning out at hairpins! AI never pit so rather than set the AI low and pit I gave up the longer race and settled on half distance. We will be using this for all races in this series. Having the tires lose a little bit of grip for the last 2 laps makes it a little more interesting and is good practice for managing tire wear in endurance races later on.
    Lap 9/10 you just have to avoid pushing the car through the tight bends quite so hard and you will be fine. The front end will start to waiver just a little but the heavy downforce we use controls it well enough.
    AI are a good challenge here, car is fast enough to stay ahead but watch out each lap after finishing straight for the car behind using DRS to sneak by on the first corner and take you out of the race. A simple movement to the right will persuade him not to do this but be wary of any contact. It can end your race!
    Ahh DRS..If you have come up through the ranks this will be your first experience of this system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_reduction_system

In theory you are NOT allowed to use this system unless YOU are the 'attacking' car attempting a pass on a car ahead. During this race I found when on the final straight the LCD display appears on the dash in top gear and pressing the DRS button (I assigned L2 on my wheel) makes 'DRS' turn white until I brake for the following first corner of the lap. I never got a chance to try it during overtake as i was always ahead. The following AI certainly use it on you so be wary! It's good practice to assign a button and get used to deploying it every lap so if you need it in future it's second nature to activate without losing race focus.

As long as you exert some throttle control during the hairpins you should have no problems at this circuit. Just practice it until you know the correct gear for every corner and the exact places to brake. The following video may help, just note the lap was recorded during testing and even though it says AI 100/100 it was actually 110/100 for this session!

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180611210348.jpg 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	256035Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180612015306.jpg 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	256036

Race 2/7 Nurburgring GP - 10 Laps

This is a very easy race to win now, after patch 6.0 Why? It starts to rain after lap 2. I changed after lap 3, the AI after 4 or 5. They were slow in their slicks in the rain and just as slow in their wets after pitting. All you have to do is lap cleanly and be wary of the hidden puddles. At the end of the first straight at the hairpin there is a lake so just brake and turn nice and slow, and 2 of the second gear corners on the out lap have minor slippage. Oh and by the end of the race the apex of the fastest long bend has a small but dangerous puddle too...
    I spun out twice during my race and still won by 30 seconds.
    Make sure you have the wets selected for your default pit stop!
    Tip: Try to avoid trail braking in the wet...it won't end well....

(As a test I used a WR setup in testing to see if I could go faster than with mine..I could not get around the lap without spinning out. Mine might be slower but it is much more stable for us non-alien drivers!)

Here is qualifying and a wet lap after pitting:

Pit settings for wet:

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180612162531.jpg 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	256037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180612162519.jpg 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	256038

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180612165732.jpg 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	256039

Race 3/7 Silverstone GP - 10 Laps

VERY easy race as AI have their throttles capped at 80% or something like that when in the rain. Just remember to ALWAYS keep some throttle on with this car whatever the weather especially after heavy braking to keep car in balance. If you brake too late even then its better to use a little throttle and go wide than try to get back on line. NO power to the front during a slow turn and a spin will almost always happen. Don't give the front end more grip than it needs! Race starts raining which stops half way through but course stays wet so keep those wets on for the whole ten laps. I was doing better lap times all the way through although my HUD tire wear showed 1/3rd wear after ten laps in the wet! So if you go 20 laps you will need to pit. Be fun still as you can't lose and it's a good way to get some hot laps in rain conditions without those pesky AI dive bombing you! Interestingly the AI got he fastest lap of the race THREE seconds faster than me although they were never able to keep up at any stage...go figure??!

Here is the fastest lap of race preceded by possibly the fastest disqualification ever after a race start? Must be some bug as I didn't go the wrong way just got hit by a car from behind!

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180612211855.jpg 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	256044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180612211909.jpg 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	256045

Race 4/7 Red Bull Ring GP - 10 Laps

Here is a circuit I had NEVER raced before in any car, so no video of my sloppy lapping here! Even so I managed to scrape pole and win the race by a fraction of a second. More practice would have helped but I'm so confident in the stability of the tune I can get out of most scrapes! I made a few mistakes in the race but nothing serious, this car is a dream to drive...
    Weather sunny and dry for all sessions so the AI are racing full speed against us. The 100/100 AI setting works so well here anyone should have a good challenge, like the whole series! We still have to drive fast and well to win, but we know IF we do the goal is there ahead of us to be reached.

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613005830.jpg 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	256049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613005845.jpg 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	256050

Race 5/7 Monza GP - 10 Laps

Ahhhh Monza....The circuit of straights joined by some cool chicanes and fast bends. Here the illusion of being on a level playing field with the AI falls apart entirely. They are simply faster than you, by 1-2 seconds a lap and you can't do a thing about it. We ain't gonna lower their setting cos that's cheating...and only the AI cheat right? Fortunately we should have banked enough points already in the series to ride a loss here. In my case I qualified 14th a second behind pole. I had a great start and managed to be in the lead half way through first lap CLEANLY, but from then on it was always downhill. With aggression set high, if the AI are level with you even if in poor line they WILL knock you out the way to get in position. Happened twice with me at the first bend. Not even subtly! Three times I had cars drive me off the track before the first chicane, leaving me 5th, 11th and then last. I raced the full distance for practice but my best lap was 1.39.xx and the best was 1.37.xx No car had a best lap less than 1 second faster than me. Unlike in real life the back marker (ahem not me the guy in front) was as fast as the first guy, and was impossible to catch once ahead. Despite racing my heart out I finished 14 seconds behind him!
    Anyway, I'm not bothered as we KNOW fast tracks are bread and butter for the AI and I can let them have their moment of glory. There are two fast and tight circuits left in the series, Hockenheim and Catalunya Nationals (why not full GP circuits?!?) so we can be confident of putting them FIRMLY back in their place and winding up the series as victor. It's tempting to not qualify and start last for fun, as the tune is rock solid and and we know have a second or two over THEM per lap advantage. I will still report the weather and stuff no worries. Great series to get used to open wheel though, loved almost all of it!
    NOTE: We (I) decided to run the same tune throughout this circuit to make a fun change. You can certainly remove all of the downforce for this circuit (or maybe run 4/5 instead of 19/20). This WILL gain you back that second per lap difference. You will lose the feel for the car gained so far in the previous races and have to be wary of the fast bends such as the final one. Thought I'd better mention that! Have a try and see if you can do better than me on full downforce. You certainly will struggle otherwise so for sure give it a go, just remember to put it back for the next race!

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613021331.jpg 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	256051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613021356.jpg 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	256052

Race 6/7 Hockenheim National - 10 Laps

Rain in all sessions. I struggled to get a time at all in top 10 during qualifying so ended up deflating my tires to 10.15 (the lower limit) and eventually got 4th. It may have been the placebo affect though of changing something. They were back to 14.07 for the race. This track in the wet feels nothing like Silverstone previously in the series. There we blasted round the circuit full throttle, just taking care to keep the power on. Here with several tight bends and hairpins it only takes a moment of no power between heavy braking and turning and then...we are spinning. Once you lose grip you wont get it back easy. Straighten up and accelerate slowly until you are up to speed. The whole time you feel you are like the front end is on ice, where the harder you push the better the grip, the less you push the worse it is. Oh well, once you get the hang of it the race is easy. Just drive round lapping carefully and the win is yours. The AI can't drive at all in the rain DURING THE RACE....during qualifying they are not nerfed at all so you need to fight to get a good position on the grid. Or just come from the back on the grid. I passed 3 ahead of me by the first easy bend. They really are THAT useless now in the wet.
    Oh and BTW after ten laps in the rain your tires show 40% wear for the record.

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613182953.jpg 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	256091

Race 7/7 Barcelona-Catalunya National - 3 Laps

The final race of the season. A track I know well but have often had tire issues at. Today was no exception. My Formula C run had tires melting after 3 laps messing up qualifying and a ten lap race. This was the same. I could not get a good place on the grid because as soon as my tires were warm....they started to overheat. No problem at Algarve in the heat but unusable here. I eventually gave up qualifying and settled for a 3 lap race instead. I raced ten laps twice but never made it past 4 laps AND still on the track. A good start here and you can race up the middle of the AI and a hard brake before the first corner can get you a good clean spot. The AI still have this crazy start in all races of all staying in 2 lines until the first bend. Take advantage! I got up to 4th here from last! Then 3rd but the following cars flew by if I missed an apex by an inch so I drive clean and careful and picked up 5th place. The first half of this series is the most fun and where you need to make the most points to make up for the disappointing ending. It still feels good to win a series against AI 100/100 anyway!

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613191759.jpg 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	256098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613191829.jpg 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	256099

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180613191838.jpg 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	256100
    Last edited by sloppysmusic; 13-06-2018 at 23:37.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Tier 3 - Rennsport Revival International Championship

All cars tuned using a single default tune for ALL tracks for user simplicity.
    Radiator and brake duct settings have been tested to work fine at any race distance, including endurance. This is so you can select any length of race and not have to worry you are going to overheat anything. If you are racing a Time Trial or very short sprint race (3 laps for 5 mins) you can approximately half the % settings (or dial to 0% for TT if you only need ONE lap to get your time!
    Tunes designed to perform as stable as possible over multiple laps. Braking has been set so you can stomp on the brakes without locking, and not worry about spinning out if your throttle control is not perfect or you get hit by an AI(!).
    Tune(s) have been tested on all circuits in all championships.
    With boost pressure, I have set it at an amount that gives max power WITHOUT too much work keeping the car on-line when the turbo kicks in hardest. Once you get used to the feel of when the boost has strongest effect and when to change up you can start increasing it for more power. Beware though that even though running at 100% boost sounds the most 'macho' the extra work involved in controlling it will take you off the best lines and not necessarily get you better lap times. If you take the car on a an oval track then feel free to turn up to 100% as that is where it has the most use and the least negative effect.

Notes:
    Euro Series : Imola

This race is HORRIBLE! Regardless of the AI being weaker in the wet they can glide over massive puddles which we can NOT! Even a stable tune cannot get you round this track without cursing. How bad is it? Despite much practice in testing I STRUGGLE to get round and beat the AI at 25/25! So I actually set 00/00 so it doesn't take me more than just one ghastly experience. RACE IS BROKEN! There are approx FIVE devastating puddles all in the worst possible strategic places around the track. You can avoid disaster and misery by driving off track but you will get penalties for that UNLESS you are in the lead.
    Sorry for so many CAPS but you need to be warned!

Zakspeed Ford Capri (Gr.5)

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617014932.jpg 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	256260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617014941.jpg 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	256261

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617014949.jpg 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	256262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617014958.jpg 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	256263

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617015009.jpg 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	256264

BMW 320 (Gr.5)

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617150047.jpg 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	256279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617150058.jpg 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	256280

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617150107.jpg 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	256281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617150116.jpg 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	256282

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617150126.jpg 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	256283
    Last edited by sloppysmusic; 17-06-2018 at 19:06.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Tier 3 - Lamborghini Super Trofeo

Car tuned using a single default tune for ALL tracks for user simplicity. Radiator and brake duct settings have been tested to work fine at any race distance, including endurance. This is so you can select any length of race and not have to worry you are going to overheat anything. If you are racing a Time Trial or very short sprint race (3 laps for 5 mins) you can approximately half the % settings (or dial to 0% for TT if you only need ONE lap to get your time!
    Tune designed to perform as stable as possible over multiple laps. Braking has been set so you can stomp on the brakes without locking, and not worry about spinning out if your throttle control is not perfect or you get hit by an AI(!).
    Tune have been tested on all circuits in all championships.

This is not a race car, so must be driven with care. Smooth control inputs will give the best results!
    Soft slicks will only last 1 or 2 laps so Automatic is set here which chooses hard slicks (wet in rain) for you.

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617025030.jpg 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	256270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616222447.jpg 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	256271

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234919.jpg 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	256265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234928.jpg 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	256266

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234937.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	256267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234949.jpg 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	256268

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234957.jpg 
ID:	256269
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Tier 3 - Renault RS01 Trophy

Car tuned using a single default tune for ALL tracks for user simplicity. Radiator and brake duct settings have been tested to work fine at any race distance, including endurance. This is so you can select any length of race and not have to worry you are going to overheat anything. If you are racing a Time Trial or very short sprint race (3 laps for 5 mins) you can approximately half the % settings (or dial to 0% for TT if you only need ONE lap to get your time!
    Tune designed to perform as stable as possible over multiple laps. Braking has been set so you can stomp on the brakes without locking, and not worry about spinning out if your throttle control is not perfect or you get hit by an AI(!).

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617025048.jpg 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	256272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234431.jpg 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	256273

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234701.jpg 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	256274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234710.jpg 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	256275

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234719.jpg 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	256276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234728.jpg 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	256277

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234737.jpg 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	256278
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4
    Good to see these tunes done for more than 1 lap.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Good to see these tunes done for more than 1 lap.
    I thought you might like them David! The time I save having to tweak a tune for every different circuit gives me more time to nail down the best possible long term duct/radiator settings. After all, after spending so much time tuning these cars they become lots of fun instead of a challenge to drive. So you don't want short races you want to keep driving on an on into the sunset (which is possible in this game!). Working on that famous BMW tune right now, might be a month late for your race but these Group 5 cars are so much fun I might end up doing most of them!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: davidt33, Demon340, Konan, Maskmagog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hi Sloppy, Do you have any of your Cayman setups saved on your Youtube channel?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon340 View Post
    Hi Sloppy, Do you have any of your Cayman setups saved on your Youtube channel?
    Hi demon!
    No I didn't post any Cayman tunes here or on YouTube as I don't recall doing that much with the setup to justify calling it a 'sloppy's tune'. Is there a particular track you were interested in? It's no problem to pull the car up and see if I can improve anything .

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I got a tune from Blink this morning I’m going try tonight for Imola. Somehow I had never driven this track but I’ve practiced quite a bit but am still about 3 seconds off pace. The AI is at 95/85. I’ll give you a shout if I need anything beyond what I got from Blink. Thanks!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post

This is not a race car, so must be driven with care. Smooth control inputs will give the best results!
    Soft slicks will only last 1 or 2 laps so Automatic is set here which chooses hard slicks (wet in rain) for you.

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180617025030.jpg 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	256270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616222447.jpg 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	256271

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234919.jpg 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	256265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234928.jpg 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	256266

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234937.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	256267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234949.jpg 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	256268

Name:	Project CARS 2_20180616234957.jpg 
ID:	256269
    Hi sloppys. It is a shame this car is still causing problems in career since it was a problem in the beginning. For some reason this is the only car I can really drive well since the 6.0 patch. Normally I only drive my 1 track, Silverstone National, but I was able to put down times well ahead of the GT3 WR runs at this track using Hard tires. So, I took it to a few other tracks and found the same result, I was able to compete with the GT3 WRs runs. On most tracks the Trofeo is way behind the GT3s and people don't run it much any more. Disappointed to see it is a PITA for career, in my bubble I was hoping for the better.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.