Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [REPORTED] Lag/Stuttering in MP (and solo) when an accident occurs anywhere on track

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by drathuu View Post
    Agreed, i have the same issue.

What ive noticed. Occasioanlly i get the pause when a new sound needs to play (Not only crashes) but sometimes i select PIT IN, and it appears to "load" the pit commentary which causes a tiny pause.. (as crashes play the crash sound), i am wondering if its something with the sounds not pre-loaded.

However it may also be the physics in the crash are being sent (Spiked) to all players causing a latency delay.

I moved my game to an M2 drive yesterday, and my "Sound" issue - when playing a sample that isnt used frequently seems to have gone away.. And im yet to have a spike in a race with a crash yet.. Leads me to suspect its linked to Disk Accessing of data of some kind for some reason. (something that isnt cached at race load time).
    I tend to agree with thsi assessment. I also moved the game to my SSD and while it hasn't sovled the issue, it has reduced it.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    During a league race today I got 2 0.5 sec lags/stuttering moments while I had no cars nearby. Don't know if an accident happened that time, but I instantly heard a couple guys shouting in discord "LAG, LAG", so it was happening at the same time for more people. Yesterday in a race got out of track and the moment I hit an adv board, got the stutter again but also the game crashed. Could have to do with loading the sound for the collision or something similar...

Platform
    PC
    ^was that P2P or dedicated server?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    FYI, it happens on our DS, not tried P2P.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I am pretty sure it was P2P, but will ask to make sure. I don't know for sure because I could not see the server at all to join it, people had to send me invites in order to join it.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I was on p2p last time it occured, however we league race on a DS and have the same problem.
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I am pretty sure it was P2P, but will ask to make sure. I don't know for sure because I could not see the server at all to join it, people had to send me invites in order to join it.
    If you were able to join via invite then it was a p2p session. It's still not possible to join a DS session via invite or via friends list.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    If you were able to join via invite then it was a p2p session. It's still not possible to join a DS session via invite or via friends list.
    Do you mean just the "in game invite" option -

You can invite to Dedi - I invite people all the time.. SHIFT TAB to steam, go to friends list, right click them, invite to Game.. They then join the Dedicated server.
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by drathuu View Post
    Do you mean just the "in game invite" option -

You can invite to Dedi - I invite people all the time.. SHIFT TAB to steam, go to friends list, right click them, invite to Game.. They then join the Dedicated server.
    That does not work on DS, you can't join through Steam.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Charger is right. You cant neither invite ppl to join a DS nor you cant cant join via a friend.

But to stay on topic, we are currently running a series of races at the Nords, on my DS (!), and we always have problems with lags and stuttering.