Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [REPORTED] Lag/Stuttering in MP (and solo) when an accident occurs anywhere on track

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostman22 View Post
    Don't waste your time, it's not your pc it's the way the game is setup. This game is going down a slippery slope and unfortunately if they don't get their shit together many will turn their backs... Great physics, graphics, and fun until the race starts. It sucks that it's taken this long to finally see a few more posts in this forum about this game breaking issue, and the way it's looking nothing will be done to correct it. I've been experiencing this for the better part of 6 months now all I have for this game is a bitter taste in my mouth, I've lost all respect and hope. At Least the 24h lobbies run smooth, BECAUSE WE'RE NOT RACING!
    I think it was your thread that I found when searching before.

Another problem is, it seems to affect different people to different levels. Some dont seem to be affected as much as others, others is a complete race killer. VR definitly appears to magnify the problem. I know someone will suggest racing without VR, but I just couldnt go back to non-vr now
    Project Cars Touring Car League:
    http://www.tcsr.eu
    Oculus Rift CV1
    I7 7700k @4.8GHZ : GA-Z270-Gaming K3 Motherboard : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz
    Asus ROG Nvidia 1080Ti Graphics
    The following user likes this Post: Kostman22

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenoes View Post
    I think it was your thread that I found when searching before.

Another problem is, it seems to affect different people to different levels. Some dont seem to be affected as much as others, others is a complete race killer. VR definitly appears to magnify the problem. I know someone will suggest racing without VR, but I just couldnt go back to non-vr now
    I race mainly in VR late evenings, but on weekends or early evening I just can't be bothered strapping the box to my face, I will race on my monitor instead... and yeah, switching between them is difficult because VR is just sooooo fantastic.

In both circumstances I see identical behaviour, VR or Monitor with appropriate graphic settings for each (med/high monitor & lows for VR) so for me at least, its not a VR versus Monitor thing...It's not even an FPS issue as such, but it is something that SMS fundamentally need to find / address.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bluenoes, Kostman22

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think my thread has been merged with a similar one from what I can tell. IS this now being investigated by SMS?
    Oculus Rift CV1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenoes View Post
    I think my thread has been merged with a similar one from what I can tell. IS this now being investigated by SMS?
    There have been numerous different 'stutter/lag' related threads and yeah, it seems a merge happened:
    1) When an incident occurs on track.
    2) At end of qualifying, when the AI takes over (sometimes crashes)
    3) Something to do with longer pauses when cornering, losing controls etc

So I reckon they are looking into it (if not potentially fixed internally already), either way I have no doubt that we will see improvements in such areas soon™
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: bluenoes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well, this game is really starting to pee me off now.
    Same again, 17 drivers in the race, stutterfest all the way through.
    Yet with probably all 17 cars on track during the short qualifying session, smooth as butter.
    Oculus Rift CV1

Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    I race mainly in VR late evenings, but on weekends or early evening I just can't be bothered strapping the box to my face, I will race on my monitor instead... and yeah, switching between them is difficult because VR is just sooooo fantastic.

In both circumstances I see identical behaviour, VR or Monitor with appropriate graphic settings for each (med/high monitor & lows for VR) so for me at least, its not a VR versus Monitor thing...It's not even an FPS issue as such, but it is something that SMS fundamentally need to find / address.
    Don't hold your breath, you'll die for sure. I've been waiting six moths for this so called "fix", it ain't coming.0
    intel i5-7600k, Asus Prime Z270-A MB, Asus GTX1060 3Gb, 1, 1TB HD & 1 150GB HD, Kingston 16GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 ultimate 64-bit, corsair TX750 V2, 42" VIZIO M3D421SR, Logitech G27

Platform
    PC
    Don't hold your breath, you'll die for sure. I've been waiting six moths for this so called "fix", it ain't coming.0
    The last time you posted something similar to this your thread got closed down, are you purposely trying to get this thread closed down as well?

I get that you are frustrated but I think your issue is more user specific (i.e. your hardware), I get a slight stutter when there are crashes but it's not a game changer for me and I can carry on racing, also our club which has a lot of players are not reporting major issues.

We also did a 4 way cross club practice race the other day with 22 racers from all over the world, around 50 laps and it was fine, the only issue we have had lately is some people can't see the DS which can be annoying for them having to refresh constantly to see it.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cluck, Mad Al

Platform
    PC
    I'm not holding my breath (in real life), but thanks for your kind concern
    I'm not even fixated on it, it was a simple post that I see has been reported (and since merged with others) and that's that.

As charger quite rightly stated above, the issue I posted about specifically is not a game changer [game-breaking], its a minor but infrequent annoyance, but I still manage to happily partake in numerous races each and every evening that I thoroughly enjoy. If / when this gets resolved, then even better...
    RWB Racing International

Platform
    PC

Freeze and stutter at race start (with video)

Only occurs online. Happens almost every race start (can cause me to wreck others). Can happen during the race, multiple times a race (game breaking if it happens in a turn) (Video 1, Video 2).

It doesn't seem to have a time pattern (e.g., top of the hour, or every 30 minutes), and can happen at any location on track.

System specs

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

OS Build 17134.48

Things I've tried:

• Game reinstall
    • Complete reinstall of Windows
    • Checked GPU/CPU temps/throttling
    • Ran with/without antivirus
    • Ran with/without CrewChief
    • Ran with/without GeForce overlay
    • Tested on minumum graphics settings
    • Ran on both wired and wireless connections
    • Tried recommended fixes for stutter (Force off V-Sync, -fpscap ##, pre-rendered frames = 1, Nvidia power setting = Max performance)
    • Rolled back Nvidia drivers

Any suggestions other than "get a desktop" greatly appreciated I want to love this game to much, but this is terrible, and frequently race-breaking.
    Last edited by klw7890; 23-05-2018 at 19:01.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: KANETAKER, Kostman22, Raklodder

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Same here for 7 weeks now. No solution from here. If you are not playing under VR the system specs should be fine.

On the first video it seems to be the "normal" login / quit session stutter.
    I guess it is online, isnt it?

Is it just in online races (not in practise / quali) like for me?