Thread: Horrible sound (stutter) after patch 5

Platform
    PC

Horrible sound (stutter) after patch 5

After the last patch I have some horrible sound with pc2. For example, when a cars traction control kicks in the sounds stutters en overpowers every other sound (crackling,deforming, distorting?).

Time to reinstall the whole game or a known issue?

I am on OG xbox one.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Can you take a capture when it happens ? I know TC does that on/off, crackling thing on curbs but the sound issue I do not have.

You can use https://xboxclips.com/ or any other capture viewing site to show us. (the capture has to be public)
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.
    The following user likes this Post: zzjorzz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post
    Can you take a capture when it happens ? I know TC does that on/off, crackling thing on curbs but the sound issue I do not have.

You can use https://xboxclips.com/ or any other capture viewing site to show us. (the capture has to be public)
    I'll try when I am home and have some time!

Platform
    PC
    It is indeed when TC kicks in. It gets even worse when you are on the curb when the TC kicks in. In the BMW M6 GT3 it is the worst. Almost unplayeable sound distortion when that happens. Both on PC and on Xbox

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by zzjorzz View Post
    It is indeed when TC kicks in. It gets even worse when you are on the curb when the TC kicks in. In the BMW M6 GT3 it is the worst. Almost unplayeable sound distortion when that happens. Both on PC and on Xbox
    That car has one of the most strident and noticeable sounds when the TC kicks in, it isn't a bug. This is an effect that is noticeable with some cars to a greater or lesser extent with tc active.

In many of the cars tc works by cutting the ignition selectively so not all cylinders have a power stroke, this causes a misfire type sound and is most evident at max slip that may occur on kerbs.

I think some cars have systems that selectively apply brakes on a slipping wheel so they not have the same sound. Reducing the TC setting should tame the effect but you will get less tc, arguably the game defaults to too much tc so try that.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    That car has one of the most strident and noticeable sounds when the TC kicks in, it isn't a bug. This is an effect that is noticeable with some cars to a greater or lesser extent with tc active.

In many of the cars tc works by cutting the ignition selectively so not all cylinders have a power stroke, this causes a misfire type sound and is most evident at max slip that may occur on kerbs.

I think some cars have systems that selectively apply brakes on a slipping wheel so they not have the same sound. Reducing the TC setting should tame the effect but you will get less tc, arguably the game defaults to too much tc so try that.
    I would agree, but for the fact it distorts and morphs every other sound when it happens.