Thread: Developer question on how to implement track maps.

Platform
    PC

Developer question on how to implement track maps.

On pretty much every telemetry application I see track maps, aka maps of the track that display car position and driving line through the track. I know the udp outputs lat and long but how do developers know the tracks coordinates aka where turns are etc. I'm looking to create a track to show different data but not sure how this is being accomplished currently.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeratall View Post
    On pretty much every telemetry application I see track maps, aka maps of the track that display car position and driving line through the track. I know the udp outputs lat and long but how do developers know the tracks coordinates aka where turns are etc. I'm looking to create a track to show different data but not sure how this is being accomplished currently.
    I was also thinking about it, and the way I plan to implement it is to go to practice mode with a very slow and stable car, start driving, always stay at the middle of the track and have my app logging my route, this way it should be easy to create a good enough map/route representation of the track. Only problem is it will take time, as this needs to be done for 100+ track layouts

Then, once you have the track in data that you can manipulate, it should be easy enough to add information about where each corner/straight starts etc, assign corner names etc.

Platform
    PC
    Hahah yeah, this is what I was thinking as well, but like you said it'll take awhile, u ass wondering if there was a better way to do it lol.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem