Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I move up....

Kart Driver

How do I move up....

...to amatuer or even pro. In the beginning I selected "beginner". Ready to move up now but where do I go to click on the next step up?

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Go into the settings and change around the realism options e.g. turn traction control or ABS off or racing line off or similar.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Beginner? Is this pCARS1 you're referring to because I didn't think pCARS2 had that same choice when you first start the game?

If it is pCARS1 then the only way you can change it from Beginner to Pro is to delete the profile data and start again. Sadly, that will wipe any progress and car setups etc. From what I recall, though, that mode only creates a preset of driver assists and AI level, it doesn't change the driving model in any way.

EDIT : Or is there an option in Career like that? I've not dabbled with the career so I might have missed something.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: Mad Al

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Beginner? Is this pCARS1 you're referring to because I didn't think pCARS2 had that same choice when you first start the game?

If it is pCARS1 then the only way you can change it from Beginner to Pro is to delete the profile data and start again. Sadly, that will wipe any progress and car setups etc. From what I recall, though, that mode only creates a preset of driver assists and AI level, it doesn't change the driving model in any way.

EDIT : Or is there an option in Career like that? I've not dabbled with the career so I might have missed something.
    Their isn't one in career.Anyway,all it changes is the assists so you can just adjust them if necessary.

Kart Driver
    I'm playing PC2. When I first installed the game I think I remember a sliding scale that gave me a choice of beginner through pro. I chose beginner thinking I could always go back later to make adjustments. But I thought it had something to do with the intensity of the AI competition...just like Asseto Corsa. In my first race with the AI guys I was leading by a very large margin when I got a message on my screen insisting that I should slow down or risk a penalty. And that's what made me go looking for a way to move up. I think I'll just start a new profile to see if I can fix this.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by leerex View Post
    I'm playing PC2. When I first installed the game I think I remember a sliding scale that gave me a choice of beginner through pro. I chose beginner thinking I could always go back later to make adjustments. But I thought it had something to do with the intensity of the AI competition...just like Asseto Corsa. In my first race with the AI guys I was leading by a very large margin when I got a message on my screen insisting that I should slow down or risk a penalty. And that's what made me go looking for a way to move up. I think I'll just start a new profile to see if I can fix this.
    Read what Stewy32 said in post #4. There's no way to progress, all it does is setup certain assists and you can change these yourself in the options menu.
    The message to slow down you got is because you cut the track or ran wide, it has nothing to do with what you chose when you started the game for the very first time.

You can change the skill level of the AI whilst in career mode. No need to start a new profile.
    The following user likes this Post: leeroy98

Kart Driver
    Thanks! Good info. I think I'm finally getting the gist of it now. Apparently the only serious part of the game is "career mode". AI is just pathetic in "quick play". And "private testing" is just plug&play..pick a track...pick a car...and off you go. I was hoping the word "testing" meant that I could play around with setups...but apparently not so. Is this the way it works?
    Until I go the "career" path, I think I'll just skip qualy and deliberately start from the back. At least I can have some fun passing all the AI cars.

Platform
    PC
    Whether you are in Quick Race or in Career, you can adjust the AI to your speed. By default, the AI is set a little low. In Quick Race, look at the box in the lower left-hand side of the screen where it says "Opponent Settings". You can adjust the AI strength in that section.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    OP has confused the slider for AI strength with his own rating. There is no driver rating except online.

Set the AI to 80 and below, AI use default tunes. Higher allows them to tune for the track and conditions.

OP also needs to be aware that the AI strength is extremely inconsistent between tracks. The same setting might be a few sec/lap faster than you on one track, several sec/lap slower on others. You probably need to run a practice session to get an idea of their pace vs. yours before you race.

AI can also be inconsistent between wet and dry conditions.

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    OP has confused the slider for AI strength with his own rating. There is no driver rating except online.

Set the AI to 80 and below, AI use default tunes. Higher allows them to tune for the track and conditions.

OP also needs to be aware that the AI strength is extremely inconsistent between tracks. The same setting might be a few sec/lap faster than you on one track, several sec/lap slower on others. You probably need to run a practice session to get an idea of their pace vs. yours before you race.

AI can also be inconsistent between wet and dry conditions.
    "OP" appreciates the information. "OP" wonders why Sim has chosen to be impolite. "OP" forgives you.