Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slight contact results in huge crashes

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Really? I find that surprising because pcars2 strength is being much more accessible than pcars1. Pcars1 had very rapid escalation of challenges when driving near the edge and I didn't feel the car 'talked' to me as clearly as pcars2.

I found pcars2 much more accessible for a circuit sim newby when I started pcars2 after starting and abandoning ( largely) pcars1.
    Ive certainly not found it as accessible as the first title. I do find the physics much more playful but jumping right in and doing a few laps with a few cars for me it was easier in the first title. Jack of Spades ffb settings also took the ffb to another level which were much better than ive been able to get myself on PCARS 2.
    Last edited by UkHardcore23; 18-05-2018 at 13:20.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Ive certainly not found it as accessible as the first title. I do find the physics much more playful but jumping right in and doing a few laps with a few cars for me it was easier in the first title. Jack of Spades ffb settings also took the ffb to another level which were much better than ive been able to get myself on PCARS 2.
    How did you use JS ffb settings? I thought that was down loadable files for the pc only?
    Did you type them in long hand? I did change three of the main settings as advised on the pc1 forum, but I recall having to enter it longhand and it was very laborious with the slow clunky menus.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I cannot fathom how anyone can say PC2 is easier than PC1. The cars are so damn twitchy, even low powered ones. i do however, agree that if one can get a handle on them the feel is better than PC1, you can feel the grip and loss of grip better.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    How did you use JS ffb settings? I thought that was down loadable files for the pc only?
    Did you type them in long hand? I did change three of the main settings as advised on the pc1 forum, but I recall having to enter it longhand and it was very laborious with the slow clunky menus.
    Last game they were all wrote out and hosted on a site then you changed them all by hand yeah. The difference they made was staggering tbh im amazed SMS didnt hire the guy for PCARS 2.

You dont find these menus clunky? Just changing the number of laps requires waaaaaaaaay to many button presses.
    Last edited by UkHardcore23; 18-05-2018 at 15:14.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Last game they were all wrote out and hosted on a site then you changed them all by hand yeah. The difference they made was staggering tbh im amazed SMS didnt hire the guy for PCARS 2.

You dont find these menus clunky? Just changing the number of laps requires waaaaaaaaay to many button presses.
    I think they did hire Jack Spade to support Pcars2 development as I believe he developed some of the flavours. As for the menus, I was referring to the pc1 habit of leaving you stuck as the page moved, often for minutes. Maybe it was ok on ps4?

I find the ui on pcars2 very smooth in comparison to pc1.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    A sim will always be more difficult than reality precisely because it is a sim. The trick is in tuning the restricted set of sensory inputs that are much reduced compared to real life so as to trick the brain and achieve a sense of immersion.

I do not have any issues with contact in the game and i find that it is simulated convincingly, the AI rub me and I rub them and I don't sense any crazy physics.

I don't play online yet in pcars2 yet so it may be an online only issue.
    So you donít race online but youíve commented on an issue which happens with online racing... think before you comment.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Part of being able to react in a real world situation compared to a video game is FEELING being hit. You know where and how hard, and can feel the car rotate, or slide or wobble by the seat of your pants. You can also feel the moment you start to get grip back...

In a game without kinesthetics, a lot of the cues that tell you you've been hit get lost.

The thing is, at this level of detail in grip and tire model, is there anything else on the market that manages to pull off collision physics without dumbing down the physics when driving without contact? I don't know of one. Yes, GT6/Sport, you can bump and rub with little consequence (compared to PC2), but at the cost of a pretty dumb arcade handling and tire model.

I know in AC, contact is as difficult to get away with... in fact, I find in AC, once you lose grip, it's far harder to get it back than PC2. Spins seem a lot harder to recover from.

Now, some of our issues in PC2 may come from a pretty poor handling model on the grass, but overall, if I'm just rubbed on tarmac or concrete in PC2, I can often save it. But the grass is rarely survived!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanUK View Post
    So you don’t race online but you’ve commented on an issue which happens with online racing... think before you comment.
    He did state "I don't play online yet in pcars2 yet so it may be an online only issue", so why being aggressive while he already admitted that it could be online-only? It only helps with narrowing down the problem, i.e. it possibly being related to delayed collision detection.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    He did state "I don't play online yet in pcars2 yet so it may be an online only issue", so why being aggressive while he already admitted that it could be online-only? It only helps with narrowing down the problem, i.e. it possibly being related to delayed collision detection.
    I started the thread... with "Ok, let me start by saying how much I like Project Cars 2, it is definitely the best sim on PS4 at the moment.

My only real criticism is how bad the game handles very small/light contact in a race (online). Yesterday was racing in Touring Car class, in my opinion the best class for close racing. I had the slightest tap to the car in front driven by a friend of mine, at that point my car violently span to the left, it really made no sense as we were both going straight at that point. My friend said he didn’t even feel the touch. If you could fix that side of the game it would be so much better." Which was a valid and constructive point, with the aim of the devs to maybe look into this.

I made no mention about project cars 2 campaign/offline mode... I found it irritating that someone was telling me/preaching that an issue I've bought to the attention of the forum/devs doesn't exist, telling me that the physics is convincing, and then pointing out they've never even tried racing online yet. It completely undermined my genuine issue. Yes my response was a bit blunt, but I'm certainly not a troll and I take objection to being portrayed as one. I merely pointed out that he should take more notice of the core subject before arguing against it and making himself look silly. My response wasn't offensive or abusive.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    IMHO, there's no difference in collision physics between online and offline.

Possibly there are some issues on lower power consoles with very large grids (there are definitely graphics and FFB issues under those circumstances), but on the whole, I haven't noticed a difference.